Is anyone else doing a 2:5 diet?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Stardust09 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I tried the 5:2 and it was working well for me in that I was loosing weight and moving towards my idea BMI score. I find fasting (800cal max) during the whole of the working week to be quite easy. I eat breakfast, decide what to prep for lunch (when I am full of food), then take only that food to work. I don’t have access to more food at work so fasting is easy. So if this is a thing I propose the 5:2i diet (i for inverse). BTW was 102Kg in March now 92Kg in May. On track for 85Kg at some point. I also find my Fitbit (other activity trackers are available) super helpful in tracking food and water intake and exercise output. The phone app even scans packets of food to add in the cals for you!
    When I hit my goal I will go to the normal 5:2 and see what happens.
    Fasting is a great tool to hit the metrics you value (BMI,waist size,hip / waist ratio, blood sugar etc.). Thank you.

Hi Zak. If the 5:2 has been working for you, why change? Only 2 NF days seems kind of restrictive and it’s a longer time between days where you can eat what you want. I would stick with what works.

I wouldn’t do 2:5 permanent. Maybe once a month.

I’m sticking with 5:2. I lost 14KG fat.

The most I tried is 3 days / week. I want to do a full week this summer with 2 days warmup, 3 fast days and 2 days wind down. one time only.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.