Introducing myself

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  eleanorbotwright 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi everyone. I just started the IF plan a week ago (I fasted Thursday, Tuesday, and Thursday) and I can say I am beyond happy with the program so far. I lost an incredible 4.4 pounds in one week (I weigh myself on Thursday morning, so that is after having fasted two times). I was stunned, to say the least. The week before, I was finishing up a hard, by-the-book week of following Weight Watchers and had gained .2 of a pound. In three weeks of following WW to the letter, I had lost .6 of a pound. I got so frustrated, I decided to try this plan and, needless to say, I am thrilled.

A little about me. I am 47-yr old woman who is a weekend warrior type of athlete. I play a lot of tennis and run the occasional 5K road race. I have 3 children and a full time job, and I have a lot of responsibilities, as I am divorced and my ex never helps with things like doctors’ or dentist appointments. I am 20 pounds overweight and my BMI is right on the limit, 24.8. My cholesterol is almost 300 and I have a very strong family history of heart disease, with both parents having undergone bypass surgery (my father was 42!).

Fortunately, my twin sister turned me on to the book and the plan, and even though she is at her ideal weight and exercises 5x a week, she is on the plan, too, as she wants to achieve the health results that we hope can be achieved with this plan. We have a friend who has also embarked on it, so I have a lot of support and encouragement.

I hope to lose 20 pounds and improve my blood work. I’ll keep you all posted, as it appears this is a great community and one that is very supportive.

Good luck!

I have lost ten pounds since starting on August 5th. I fast two days a week, usually on Mondays and Thursdays. So far, so good.

Teddie

Well done you 2! Today is my 1st day fasting so a bit soon to make any judgments at all but hey ho…. Watch this space….

I am inspired by all the success around this food plan – will give it my best shot!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.