Intermittent fasting 18:6 help?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kjbusa 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi everybody!

I’m new to this forum and just started doing intermittent fasting last monday.

I’m a 25 years old female from Sweden had my first child last year.

I’m doing the 18:6 everyday, so basically fast for 18 hours and eat for 6. Just wonder if someone else here is doing this?

Now I have a question, the first couple of days last week I felt great but today when I woke up I feel like shit. My mood is really bad and I feel like I snap for the littlest of thing. I feel so tired and just want to sleep. Is this a normal thing when starting out?

18:6 is pretty extreme to start out with, especially being so young. Are you having a refeed day? What is your goal (a lot of weight to lose, better health, etc?)

I started with 5:2, then 4:3, then 16:8. I am now doing 19:5 for the next 2 weeks, but I take at least one day to eat “normally”, and that means all food groups. I also take a lot of supplements.

If you are not feeling well, it sounds like you are either overdoing it or maybe not eating what your body needs. Yes, I get cranky and tired and jittery sometimes, but not often, and I don’t attribute it to my fasting.

If it is just one day, I wouldn’t worry, but if it continues, Either lower the fasting period, and/or see your dr.

Also make sure you get enough fluids. It is very easy to get dehydrated.

Hi,

Thanks for answering fitnfast.

I weigh 57 kg now and want to get down to 52-50.

But most of all I want to feel good. I’ve only had one or two days so far feeling a bit of. I do my training in the morning and I’m thinking maybe it would be better for me to do it in the afternoon after I break my fast.

Because I tend to feel a bit like I’m going to faint when training in the morning. I have low blood pressure and I’m really bad at drinking throughout the day and will definitely improve that.

Do you feel that it’s better to work out before you break fast or after?

if you have low blood pressure, you should not be fasting! Please, please check with your dr. before you continue. And if you have to train, do it after you eat.

niko, how did this go?

I am just beginning on 6:18.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.