Intermitent Fasting may be not good

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  davidfitness46 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• When I read the book Fast Diet I got the sensation that there are few studys about fasting and they have different aproaches (sometimes subjects will fast for 4 days, sometimes they will skip a meal, whatever).

I found that there is a big lack of information regarding belly fat and belly fat research & fasting.

Now I found an article saying the opposite things from the book: eat small meals during the day (dont skip meals) and saying that fasting may cause more belly fat.

Conclusion: we dont know a thing about anything.

Here is the study:
    http://www.shape.com/weight-loss/weight-loss-strategies/can-intermittent-fasting-help-your-lose-belly-fat

If you’re unfortunate enough to find yourself being a mouse held in captivity for the purposes of cruel and pointless experimentation the chances are you won’t be consciously dieting and trying to lose weight and may well gorge when your next meal arrives.
    If I was a prisoner given meals at random times I might do the same.

I’ll stick with studies carried out on consenting humans that, y’know, have human physiology.

I will also add that alternate day fasting is getting rid of my belly fat (which is the only fat I have) very nicely indeed thank you.

http://www.nutritionj.com/content/12/1/146

Are you doing ADF or the 5:2?

ADF.

You read what a magazine says, rather than directly from a scientist that does research on mice, monkeys,human cells for many many years?

I read and watch the research from a Professor, and believe me Intermittent fasting is incredible.

DO you not know about BDNF? This is produced when you fast intermittently, and there are so many other health benefits to be gained from skipping meals, and eating less calories.

Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.