Insulin Sensetivity

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  bigbooty 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I am Type 2 Diabetic for 9 years The NHS (GPs) want to bombard my system with Insulin in various forms

I know from books – notably Michael Mosley & David Cavan that Insulin sensitivity is the key

So the ‘Fast Diet’- would seem to be a long term & sustainable plan.

In 2014 I followed Roy Taylor’s ‘Newcastle Diet’, which worked spectacularly well. I watch his further trials avidly.

Going to give fasting a shot – seems like a palatable solution.

Hi Etienne and welcome:

There are several threads on Type 2 on this site. You might check them out. The key is to not eat anything on diet days to lower your insulin levels and to eat a ketogenic diet (LCHF, Atkins etc.) on non fast days.

Here are some general tips: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Get the obesity code by Jason Fung. Change your diet based on what Fung says. Sugar and simple carbs are killing people. Avoid grain based foods like bread, pasta, pizza. Avoid potatoes. Avoid fruit juice like the plague. Fruit in moderation and only whole fruits. Go for the berry type fruits. No bananas. Drink two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar prior to any meal as it lowers blood glucose spikes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.