Immune system taking a battering?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Benefits and side effects
Immune system taking a battering?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  double happy 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi, I’ve been doing the 5:2 since the beginning of October with the odd 6:1 week here and there and have managed to lose just over a stone in weight – I’m now under 10 stone for the first time since I was 18 (I’m now 50!)
    I have noticed that I am now getting mouth ulcers quite frequently, the occasional bit of oral thrush (not nice – sorry!) and sometimes feeling totally washed out and I am wondering if I am just a bit run down over the winter or whether it’s my age or whether my immune system is taking a bit of a battering because of this eating plan as it does put the body under some degree of stress.
    Has anyone else out there noticed anything unusual?
    Thanks 🙂

Hi Mariebarton–like you I have been ‘knocked about’ for the last 6 weeks, for me bronchitis. Who would know if it is connected or not?. Best thing for my pick me up has been a special high dose vitamin c powder and zinc–it’s taken a week and I am feeling better.The same has happened to a friend (she is not on the WOE plan)–she was also was advised the vitamin C –in NZ we have a brand called Clinicians–which is really high dose–so it’s not the typical off the shelf stuff for the big boost.
    All the best

Thanks double happy – I have got a good quality multivitamin in the house but I forget to take it most of the time! I will make an effort to take it regularly and see if that helps! Hope your bronchitis gets better soon 🙂

For me the multi vit won’t have enough Vitamin C and it seems to be most effective in the high dose powder form. probably the combo multi-vits are ok in time of good health. I agree it is hard to make it a routine, put mine by the jug where I absolutely know I will be heading for each morning to make my cup of tea–never could rely on self discipline to actually open a cupboard door to get the bottle –unless it was to seek out the chocolate !

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.