I'm on my way!

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  beachgurl62 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• Just getting started here and looking forward to the progress! I might need some good encouragement along the way…hint, hint! I decided to do this program as I have a good friend and her husband who were very successful with it. I am looking forward to chatting with others and learning as I go. I have about 30 pounds to lose to get me to a better weight and then will evaluate how I feel from there to see if I should lose more.

FD 29 I just started the second week of January and I have lost 10lbs feeling fab and loving it. I struggled the first week as I was raised to start your day with a healthy breakfast and I had fears of not being able to stick with it. The prize is losing weight and feeling great

Hi, everyone! I am just starting my 3rd week but have only lost 3 pounds. I fast on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I have no problem fasting but I do have a problem eating too much on non fast days. I am working on stabilizing that by February 1 since I joined the February challenge. I want to have something positive to say. Welcome to the program! Where I come from, intermittent fasting hasn’t taken hold yet, so I am glad to have this forum to post on. Good luck to you both. The programs sounds very doable and I am hoping to gain the health benefits I read about, too! 🙂

@diana123…So do you not eat anything for breakfast now?

No! I fast from 6 p.m. to 6 p.m. It’s a 24 hour fast and seems to work for me! I know missing breakfast has been drilled into us as a no no, but this works for me. I am retired, so I don’t work. Also, my kids are grown. This makes it much easier for me as I won’t buy food I can’t pass up and I don’t have to watch others eat their meals when I can’t. From what I see here, everyone finds their own way as to what eating window works for them. I also exercise. I do yoga twice a week and personal training 5 days a week. Weekends I do nothing, plus those are eating days. I get a break. I am surprised that no eating doesn’t make me tired or hungry! I must have too much fat to use for energy! LOL

Hi ccco and welcome:

The average weight loss over time for those following 5:2 is about one pound or a little less per week. So you are right on the mark!

Here are some tips: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

If you hit the link and then look at the other links included, you will find one that is TDEE for the Curious. That will explain why you shouldn’t expect to lose much more that a pound a week on 5:2, or any other diet other than a real fasting diet.

Good Luck!

Hi scribble and welcome:

In addition to the tips I posted above, (https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/) you should know that RA has for decades been reversed by long term water fasting. In addition, a recent book – The Longevity Diet by Valter Longo – has a diet program based on foods and fasting that may also significantly relieve your symptoms.

Good Luck!

Thanks, Simcoelluv!

Thank you Simcoelluv for the information. I am hoping this plan will help with my illnesses. And thank you everyone else for the welcome!

I have lost 3 pounds so far and have been able to maintain that through these past NFDs. I really haven’t noticed much hunger or feelings of deprivation so far. I do still eat my breakfast as I have certain medications that require to take with some food but not eating as much as I used to first thing in the morning.

I do water exercises twice a week and try to do a program at home that my physical therapist had me on a couple days a week as well as some simple Tai Chi.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Update: I have lost 8 pounds so far and my body is shrinking too! YAY! I’ve been feeling good and think I have finally found an eating lifestyle that works for me.

Congratulations scribbleartist! Settling into it as a lifestyle seems to be the key long term.

Hi @scribbleartist! Congrats on your success so far. I have no doubt you are going to get where you want to be. I have about the same amount to lose and just started a few of weeks ago. I am seeing the pounds come off. So far in a month I have dropped 3.4 lbs and that’s with an entire week of my family being here to celebrate my Mom’s 90th. That week I went to a 16:8 schedule to at least maintain.

I am going to up it to 4:3 starting next Monday as I am doing a competition in an app called DietBet and I have to have 10 pounds off in the next 8 weeks to win. Oh the pressure. LOL.

Anywhoo, please keep posting. Your posts inspire me! beachgurl62

beachgurl62: I heard of dietbet! I am rooting for you! Hope you win! Good luck! 🙂

Congratulations, Scribbleartist! Keep up the great work! 🙂

Thank you @ccco! My progress has been slow but I signed up during the holidays. My main goal at this point is to not lose my $125 at this point. Anything I get beyond that is going to a new pair of running shoes. LOL! I have been doing WW for the past 3 years and felt stuck! I would have a measure of success, feel better and then go back to old ways. After reading a ton on IF, I really do think this is the way to go to get the rest of the lbs. off and most likely will be my chosen WOL. I’ll keep you posted.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply.