IGF-1 should be higher suggests Dr. Forsythe

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Medical conditions and fasting
IGF-1 should be higher suggests Dr. Forsythe

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pauw 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I am confused regarding the level of IGF-1. I am reading Dr.James Forsythe’s book ANTI-AGING CURES. He is suggesting that the IGF-1 levels should be higher NOT lower,for the human body to fight and reverse aging. Funny, he mentions Intermittent Fasting as a “good thing” that increases IGF-1 levels. Please can anyone clarify this point. I have been on IF diet for 9 months and I am very happy with the results. Dr. Mosley, may be you’re the best person to clarify this one.
    Hope to hear from you

Forsythe is writing about the human growth hormone (HGH) , Michael about IGF-1 ( Insulinlike Grow Factor).

I found this article:
    Oxford JournalsMedicine Cardiovascular Research Volume 54, Issue 1Pp. 25-35.

I copy from this article
    insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) is the anabolic mediator of HGH

Despite the evidence that growth hormone administration may be beneficial to the cardiovascular system, these results must be balanced with possible side effects of growth hormone replacement. Growth hormone is potentially diabetogenic and recent studies have established IGF-1 as a risk factor for lung, breast, prostate and colorectal cancer [81]. These issues indicate that further studies are essential to overcome the concerns of treating normal aging humans with growth hormone. More research on the dual physiological and pathological actions of this hormone is required before more extensive clinical studies are undertaken.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.