IBS

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  wiltldnrUSA 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi everyone I have been diagnosed that I suffer with IBS (also my hubby has). Well, the pain is awful along with prolong periods spent in the bathroom. I decided to take action and have been experimenting with different food types, different cooking methods etc.
    Well our conclusion is:
    * 5:2 is the way of life (total lost in two weeks is 10lbs)
    * steam all veg and if you can keep most of the skins on
    * Gluten free/wheat free/egg free ( have ordered a cook book)
    * I cook mainly with George Foreman grilling machine (brilliant)
    * on my fast days I decide not to eat anything because this suits me

I did an experiment yesterday on my non fast day and decided to eat normal bread, cake, chocolate. Anyway to my misery today I do not feel good, the pain in my tummy is rediculous and I feel really bogged down. I think it’s good to experiment but just remember the consequences.
    Today I will be extremely careful with my food (non fast day) i.e.gluten/wheat/egg free bread for instance (not a bad taste and texture. It’s like anything, you get use to it!!

JayneyJ

congrats!!! 2 u & husband
    so sorry 4 ur pain

hope this lifestyle will alleviate

u r not alone when eating the things u wanted on nonfastday
    & filling ugh

wish u continued success in this fastday lifestyle

“Well our conclusion is:
    * 5:2 is the way of life (total lost in two weeks is 10lbs)
    * steam all veg and if you can keep most of the skins on
    * Gluten free/wheat free/egg free ( have ordered a cook book)
    * I cook mainly with George Foreman grilling machine (brilliant)
    * on my fast days I decide not to eat anything because this suits me”

I didn’t see anything on your list for:

✔ Strength training
    ✔ Cardio: walking, running, sprints
    ✔ Measuring your progress

I don’t know how it would affect IBS, and I think that is part of the lifestyle that you’ve selected?

IM finding that my ibs is worse on this diet. I really don’t get why as in definitely eating less bread, pasta etc.

Hi Rockyromero, In my previous post I was just concentrating on the food side of things. Well for your info. we have a Smiths machine home gym and a Kettler bike. Due to a dodgy knee I only go on the bike about three times a week. So one step at a time. My hubby has sorted out a training programme for me with the weights machine.
    With the measurements I measured all over. My next measurement will be on the 19 Sept. I know I have lost inches as well.

I will be doing this re-programme well into my twilight years!!
    Thanks for your post…

this is not a computer glitch
    just checkmarking
    the
    Notify me of follow-up replies via email
    u should all
    4 ur topics & replies

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.