I wouldn't have believed this

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Personal stories
I wouldn't have believed this

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sylvestra 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• OMG!!! Send for a doctor quick!! I am seriously not well!!
    On Friday I bought a pack of lebkuchen (the real German ones, from Aldi). Normally at this time of year I can eat these to a band playing, I love them.

Today – I thought I’d have a treat but I couldn’t even finish one!!!! I got about halfway through and actually began to feel quite sick. It was just TOO sweet. Don’t know whether to feel glad or sorry 😀

It is good news really, I suppose. But goodness, if someone had told me at this time last year I’d feel like this after eating my favourite cake I wouldn’t have believed it possible. Nearly 2 hours later and I’m still feeling as if the piece I ate is just sitting in my tummy like a lump of dough. Just as well I didn’t have it before I went for a walk I wouldn’t have been able to move! And just as well I only ever buy lebkuchen once a year …plenty for visitors though and visitors never used to get a sniff of it

I’ve had exactly the same experience, sylvestra. Not pleasant at the time but a minor victory – or maybe a major one. It’s one of the positive results of the Fast Diet. Stuffing one’s face becomes a less attractive proposition. Once your tum feels normal, I think you can pat yourself on the back. Hopefully, I shall feel similarly about German stollen, but not until I’ve had a bit or two.

hi sylvestra.
    me 2.this is my first week on the 5.2 and i lost 6lb,thought i would have my fav chocolate biscuits and i had 3 and put the rest away,i could not beleive it was me putting them away,normally i would eat the whole packet and some.this 5.2 is teaching me to eat healthy and normally and not pig out.well done to you x

Well done on your 6lb loss ladybird.

The 5:2 certainly does make you rethink your eating. As I posted on another thread – I started using ‘cauliflower rice’ and ‘courgette spaghetti’ on fast days as they’re low on calories, low on carbs and lighter on the digestion and now find I prefer this to the ‘real’ thing which I’m finding ‘stodgy’.

I will cut each lebkuchen into pieces – I can still have some and it’ll last longer that way

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.