I will show them!!

This topic contains 201 replies, has 34 voices, and was last updated by  bigmarie 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 202 total)

• i am new to this having tried so many different diets. Have got about a stone to loose as going on a cruise for my 50th in August and look hideous in bikinis! Going with a group of people so need to do something drastic! Husband been away working for pretty much 6 months so have been eating when stressed and tired. These posts have really motivated me and made me see that it is a realistic target. Thank you all very much!

Hi Fiona1965, like you im nifty 50 in july! Ive got back to 2 days a week mon & thurs..Going better today, but i did pick all day yesterday, so feel more in control.
    Centra soup for lunch 160 cals
    Dinner Centra chargrilled chicken with bulgar wheat & a slimbo=230+100. Total 490.
    No hot choc tonight. Rooibus tea & diet coke. Feel better after fasting today, I was bloated yesterday. This works so keep going everyone!!

Hi everyone, I am new to the 5:2 but have spent this evening reading through a couple of forums and feel I have landed! ! The support I have seen on here is amazing. I am a 40 year old mother of two in need of losing a bit of weight which has been steadily creeping up and up over the last few years. The back and bra strap fat have ‘suddenly’ appeared along with a couple rolls of tummy fat, or perhaps I have refused to notice until now.

I’m going to weigh in on Monday morning and I’m planning fast days to be Tuesdays and Fridays. I’m going to get by the fast days with salads for lunch and homemade soups for dinner, until summertime anyway. Would ideally like to lose 1.5 stone by around easter. Just need to find some willpower, I’m a ex smoker +12 years so I must have some somewhere!

Welcome shazaslimby, I also read the forums here to keep motivated. if I can do this anybody can, and fast days do get easier. Measure before you start, that helps too. Best of luck!!

Hi Shazaslimby and welcome. You sound a similar shape to me, I too want to lose 1.5 stone initially and my fast days are Tuesday and Friday. I have just completed my 2nd fast day and I am finding it incredibly easy. In fact I find it empowering. I never liked other diets with all the negatives, “you can’t have this, you can’t have that” etc. I feel that by fasting I am doing something positive for me. I like to be positive.
    I am toying with the idea of another fast day on Sunday as Tuesday seems a long way off. We shall see ….

Hi all,
    Have not done so well this week – only managed one fast day, but am not going to let that get me down! I have, however, done 6 gym classes so that is a positive thing! Am now feeling inspired by your posts so will hopefully have a better week next week. Will keep you posted. 6 weeks until I go to the ball so would ideally like to have lost a few pounds by then! Keep smiling – we can do this!

Hi bigmarie and Applepie, really nice to hear from you. I will measure myself, it’s a good idea. I’m weirdly looking forward to measuring and weighing in on Monday and getting started. I especially want to prove to myself that I can do it, just need to think positive. I feel exactly the same as you Applepie, I really want to make this a success and I’m sure we can help each other shift our 1.5 stones and we’re doing the same fast days too. Will check back in next week, keep going with your fast days, sounds like you’re really doing great ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi all, I am starting this tomorrow, with a fast day. I am both nervous and excited. I have a massive amount of weight to lose(9 stone). I will be 58 in August and need to regain control of my body, before it is too late! At present my BP, and blood sugars are within normal range, cholesterol isn’t, so I want to do something now, instead of going for the triple! I too, have tried weight watchers and slimming world, and after early losses plateaued and got disheartened. I have been inspired reading all your comments, and hopefully, I can show all the doubters and nay-sayers in my life as well!

Hi Thorgils, good to hear from you. There is a lot of support on this site. I also want to have control of my body instead of it controlling me. I want to prove that I can be strong and do this. I start tomorrow but my fast days are Tues and Fri, can’t wait!

Same Here Shazaslimby, at present I have decided on Monday and Thursday as fast days, we’ll see how it goes. Good luck, let me know how you get on!

Originally I was going to do Mondays and Thursdays too but work from home on those days sometimes and it would just be too difficult to stay out of the cupboards and fridge.

Hi all, tomorrow is fast day 3 of 2015! Did eat pretty good over the weekend & had wine . I don’t count calories on non fast days. I read on a few threads that many do. I like the idea of no restrictions on those 5 days. So far it hasn’t affected my weight loss. Welcome to Thorgils..good luck tomorrow all Monday fasters!:-)

I lost 4lbs!!! I am very happy with that. My fast days are Tuesday and Friday but I choose to weigh in on Monday, as I think it’s a more realistic weight after the weekend. I have had wine, chips and we still had a big tin of Christmas chocolates, so I helped out with them too. But unlike previously I had small portions and was still satisfied. Yes, this diet works. Love it!

Thank you, bigmarie. Have a good week everyone.

Well done Applepie, that is fantastic and will give you the confidence to keep going. I weighed in this morning and did my measurements. Bigmarie, I am going to calorie count on non fast days just to keep account of how much I’m eating for a start. Looking forward to seeing how I cope with my first fast day tomorrow. I am going to weigh in on a Saturday morning after Friday being my second fast day but may change to Mondays once I get going. ..

Hi all fasters, 3rd fast day of new year nearly through!! Again it was no prob, motivated by my weight loss before Christmas .. Cuppa soup for lunch-40 cal
    Slimbo no butter/spread-100 cal
    Dinner- taste a memory foods cottage pie-268 cal(made in co cork) 400grms.
    Small serving of salad. 40 cal
    Pink wafer -44 cal….total 484 .
    Hope you all doing well..again I am checking in here and other threads for motivation..

It’s my 3rd fast day. 0% fat yogurt breakfast, thin homemade vegetable soup for dinner, so 100 calories up to now. Planning on mushroom omelette with a green salad for tea. Drinking plenty of water, oh and my husband and I shared a small clementine. I am hungry but look on that as a good sign. Bye bye fat! How is everyone else doing?

Well done bigmarie, you seem to know exactly which foods to eat. Applepie, I am on my first fast day and have thought about food the entire day and is only 4pm. I’m not sure how many calories are in what so hopefully I’ve not gone over. I had weetabix with small amount milk, then 3 slices ham, couple slices cucumber, some baby leaf lettuce and two baby tomatoes for lunch, have allowed 70cals for the salad but not sure. Then had a slim-a-soup which said the cals so thats fine. Planning to have more soup tonight and hopefully room for a small tangerine. Like you my stomach has been wide awake all day which I’m also taking as a good sign that it’s beginning to use up my fat reserves. Roll on tomorrow. I’m sure it’ll get easier once I start seeing the weight coming off, fingers crossed. Good luck with the rest of your week ๐Ÿ™‚

Shaza have you tried the myfitnesspal site? Depending on what you are connecting on you can download the app, or just go on the website. Register, then record your meals. It is really easy, it has a massive database of every food you can think of. I live in Spain and it even has Spanish brands. It then remembers your meals so you don’t have to search for them again. It is surprising how the calories add up. I like to save the bulk of my calories for the evening, that way I can even chose not to have them, that’s not happened yet though haha!

I already have the app but used to find it a bit time consuming, I’ll give it another go as it’ll still be easier than googling every item I want to eat. I’m trying to space out the cals a bit so that my stomach doesn’t totally fall out with me :-). Hoping to feel the difference in a couple of weeks.

Hi fasters, another fast day tomorrow , if we survive the storm>:-0<>= blowing a gale here. ๐Ÿ™
    Watched the horizon programme, interesting research, especially about the soup!!

Hi bigmarie, it’s blowing a rainy gale here in Scotland, no snow where I am but other parts are covered. Had my first fast day yesterday, not too bad, managed weetabix, salad and soup for my day. Every time I have eaten today I have felt quite bloated but hopefully will pass as the days go on. Friday is my second fast day, of all alcohol just now and don’t miss it. Looking forward to my weigh in on Saturday as hope to lose 2lbs per week until easter. Annoyed I forgot to watch the horizon programme!

Hi shazaslimby & all fasters, I’m On my way! 4th fast day of 2015. Ate nothing until 3.30 today only had black coffees& tea. Then had a soup= 74 cals + half a dry slimbo-50cals. Then a pink wafer-42 cals total 166 cals. Very cold but have stayed strong!! My sister is getting married in England on 14 march..I’ll show em!!! Drink more water and it will help your bloat..I had that in the early weeks of 5:2, but it passed!!

Hi everyone, well today was my first weigh in, stood nervously on the scales this morning, I lost 2 kgs so I’m well chuffed! Was very cold yesterday while having my 2nd fast day, was harder than the first. Was sitting with the fire on with a blanket and still couldn’t heat up so finally gave in and went off to bed. Got more motivation now to continue into week 2. I’ve been strictly weighing foods even on non fast days as want to keep an eye on the calories I’m eating but that didn’t stop me eating a slice of thick double chocolate gateau with evaporated milk (362 cals!!) this afternoon!!!!!! Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone.
    Shaza x

Hi all, another fast day down – 485 cals consumed! We’ll done to all who have fasted on a cold freezing day..this will get easier as the weather improves- me thinks!, well done shazaslimby on your 2kgs!!

Hi everyone, I lost 4lbs in week 1 and 3 lbs in week 2. Very proud of myself! I am just loving this new way of eating. We eat so much better than we used to even on non fast days. I rediscovered ratatouille, delicious, filling and low calorie.

The trouble is, my husband keeps asking when we can get a kebab and chips takeaway haha! I know I can, but I want to put it off as long as possible. I am enjoying ditching this fat.

We’ll done Applepie, lots of stories of weight lost on the threads here lately. It’s amazing how we can cope with real hunger on our fast days. Keeping busy defo helps. Roll on Thursday !

Very week done Applepie, great news! Just completing fast no. 3 – don’t feel as cold as last Friday. My stomach is gurgling away as I type this which strangely just motivates me on further. Next one is Friday, can’t wait to weigh in on Saturday morning to see if I’ve managed to lose some more ๐Ÿ™‚

Well done everyone, you all seem so strong and totally ‘in the zone’!

Another fast day completed yesterday. For the first time we skipped breakfast as we had to be out early for an appointment. Had thin vegetable soup for dinner but felt absolutely starving after that. It’s the first time I have felt that hungry since starting 5 2, so I think we will be back to having breakfast, it’s only a 0% yogurt on fast days. I am still experimenting with what works best for me. Marinated grilled chicken and ratatouille for tea was delicious and filled me up.
    Shazaslimby I feel cold a lot of the time too, but it is very cold here in Spain at the moment and our houses are designed to keep heat out not in ๐Ÿ™

Stay strong everyone. We can do this!!

Hi all fasters, this is my 6th fast day of the new year, today i had breakfast 30g of porridge & low fat milk..I had soup & slice of dry bread for lunch and a weight watchers heinz steam&serve chicken chop suey is waiting in the fridge for dinner. So this is the first time i will manage 3 meals on a fast day. Clothes are fitting much better & i feel better, no bloating which had plauged me daily before the 5;2 way of eating. Iam recommending this way of eating to all who will listen..but the best way is to “Show Them”!!

Just had chicken tikka and rice, much smaller portion than prior 5 2, enjoyed it and looking forward to fast day tomorrow.
    I WILL show them!

Really enjoyed reading all your posts. I’ve done every diet going. I need to lose a stone, and most people say “oh you don’t need to lose weight” but I have big boobs and back sausages and a food baby in my tum so I look rather chubby. Am on my 6th fast day. I’ve spent ages doing lots of counting. I’ve had some good advice on another thread “stop stressing” and “concentrate on keeping to 500 cals on fast days” (I kept going over). My husband is sooooooo fed up with my 20+ years of dieting…. I’ll show him. I so want him to be proud this time x

Welcome cathina, I’m on 6 th fast day of 2015, it gets easier. You will show him!! We’ll done so far!

I’ll show them too! …woke at 3am and am wide awake for some strange reason. Gread thread big Marie and love to hear whst people eat in fast days….never knew Centra had such nice food so thanks for that tip. We’ll all show them! I’m sick +tired of comments from my sister that if I was this or that weight. I’ll show her! I have a very wonky ankle and doctor told me to lose weight and didn’t care how I did it….I’ll show him too! I have a wardrobe full of clothes that are too tight so I’ll show myself! I’ve been lucky so far healthwise and understand the importance of being a healthy BMI +am so happy to have fiund the fast diet. I lost 17lbs before Christmas but got distracted, gained a few lbs but started again on Monday, fasted Mon, Wed and doing Fri also just this week….have the metallic taste so know I’m in business!!……I want to lose 4 st and be healthy. Good luck everyone

Hi Cathina, you sound like the same shape as me, isn’t it a pain having all your fat bits where everyone can see them. Not for much longer though. My clothes are not actually digging into my skin and leaving bright red marks anymore so that’s an improvement. My 6th fast day today, week 3. I really look forward to my fast days, I feel like I am detoxing my body. Love it!
    Well done jennyh on losing 17lbs, you know you can lose those few lbs you gained and more besides. 3 fasts in a week? good for you. Let us know how you do, I haven’t attempted that, maybe I will if I hit the dreaded plateau.
    Good luck everyone, we can do this!

Hi guys, everyone is doing so well, Iโ€™m chuffed for you all. I had my 3rd fast day on Monday which went okay. Then kinda went downhill when I popped into Tesco on Tuesday after work and spotted a 5pk doughrings! ! I had already had chips for lunch which was supposed to be my only treat after a fast day but no, once these were in my hand there was no stopping my mouth โ€“ I had two, 5 hours apart, then felt revolting as I am calorie counting every day to keep an eye on my intake.

So, then came Wednesday, hadnโ€™t learned my lesson and had another two, one after the other, (thankfully my son had had one) then followed that with THREE chocolate digestives later on! Iโ€™m so disappointed in myself although still only maxed out at 1700 cals both days. Today is a fast day, me and my stomach are not talking, lol! Weigh in tomorrow morning, hope Iโ€™ve not done to much damage! My daughter has just come home from school and asked if Iโ€™ve bought anymore doughnuts! !!!!!!

Anyway, quick question, Iโ€™m trying to look up cals in 100g cooked skinless chicken breast which Iโ€™ve kept back from our recent roast chicken dinner but My Fitness Pal has alot of different answers, what do any of you guys allow calorie wise? Rant over about myself, glad I have this forumย ๐Ÿ™‚

Ohhh Shaza, good luck with your weigh in tomorrow, just watch, I bet you will have lost, and if not, so what, just start again.
    Is the chicken about 160?
    Fast day for me too today. 0% yogurt breakfast, thin veg soup dinner, and we are having grilled chicken breast with broccoli and carrots for tea. Comes in at under 350 calories I reckon. I like to leave plenty of room for error.
    Weigh in on Monday to make sure I don’t go too mad over the weekend haha

I know, I feel so guilty, it so wasn’t worth it! Yeah I like to leave room for error too. Think I’ll just have the chicken with some baby leaf lettuce and couple baby tomatoes and I’ve also got about a ladle and a half of homemade broth soup. Only had 150 cals so far today so that shouldn’t tip me over. I drink black tea anyway so I’ve just been drinking that and glasses of water today whenever my stomach has been awake. Fingers crossed for tomorrow morning weigh in, then I’m out in the afternoon for some afternoon tea with my friends, might need to do 3 fast days next week! !

Well, weighed in this morning and have still managed to lose 1 pound!! My scales are very basic and not the electronic kind but I didn’t want to go out and buy expensive ones as I’d rather feel my weight loss in my clothing, but for these early weeks I would like to monitor any weight loss. So, I’m off out for an afternoon tea with friends today so because of that I may do fast days on Monday Wednesday and Friday this week – and will defo stay off the doughrings! !!

That’s great Shaza! another pound gone. Well done!
    Enjoy your afternoon tea

Hi everyone! I live in NY and an American:) love this forum! I’ve been doing fast diet since Jan 2. Lost 4 pounds which I guess is about right. My goal is to lose about 10 more. I find it easiest to skip breakfast and have coffee. Then I eat a late lunch of a big salad with chicken. Then just liquids at night with maybe an apple if I’m starved. Does anyone else eat like this? More helpful for me to have a substantial meal at one time than bunch of tiny things!

Desperate but driven

jennyh, or anyone else who knows: What is Centra…?

Hi dbd, I found that the one time I skipped breakfast I was starving the rest of the day. I suppose it is just a matter of finding what suits us best. I like a tiny breakfast, thin veg soup, then protein and veg for my evening meal. We are all different.
    I live in Spain on the Costa Blanca and I am looking forward to summer when it’s too hot to eat anything much more than tuna salad. This new lifestyle should be even easier then!
    I have just treated myself to a scoop of strawberry ice cream with blueberries, worth every single calorie ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi all, fast day comes around fast..pardon the pun!! Another week of losing fat. Centra is a shop here in Ireland..sorry Cathina..Ive picked up a few weight watcher frozen meals too their handy when you dont have anything planned. “Fail to plan-plan to fail.”
    Another 3 weeks til i weigh in-hope to be at 140lbs?? (OR less)

Hi all, good weight loss jennyh, & welcome desperate but driven- great name!!
    I’ve nearly through my 7th fast day. Had 30g of porridge again this morning, with low fat milk, the portion is so small, but I do appreciate it on a cold morning.
    Low cal cuppa soup for lunch 40 cals.
    Dinner-weight watchers fish pie..with cauliflower .-189 cals+ 44
    Diet coke a great –
    I have room for hot choc and pink wafer later:-) so all in all quiet manageable ??

Hi guys, this week I’m fasting Monday Wednesday and Friday. Weighed in last Saturday morning and pleasantly surprised to still have lost one pound considering the week I had! !

On Saturday I had afternoon tea with all the usual sarnies and cakes and scone, then my first glass of wine of 2015 closely followed by half a bottle of rose then half a jug of cocktails then a bag of chips on the way home!
    Sunday was a family day out bowling followed by tea at Frankie and Benny’s where we were given free desserts, who can pass up a free dessert – so 3 day fast week for me to get back on track! I will show them, and myself! !

Today for breakfast I had a boiled egg and two thin slices of ham, lunch was a slim a soup then dinner was Tesco Noodle Pot – sweet chilli chicken, actually really tasty for 252 cals followed by low cal yoghurt, water and black tea for rest of the night, roll on bedtime!

Enjoy the rest of the week everyone ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi and welcome:

I hope you all know that the best way to show them is to keep going with 5:2. It works, but quitting makes that impossible. Here are some tips that might help: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Thanks big Marie. The 3 fast days were grand last week and managed to drop the lbs I’d gained over Christmas. I’m here for the long run….have 58lbs to lose but I’ll show them! It’s great to see everyone doing so well on here. Cathina, you’re going to have to come to Ireland to sample the delights of Centra. I live in the west of Ireland…..can see how I managed to pile on so much weight …was eating what my 3 teenage kids eat as in volume but wasn’t as active as they are!! Shazalimby…think you’ve frightened me away from doughnuts for life, have been there!!
    Today is my 4th fast day, had porridge with a sprinkling of cinnamon +handful blueberries but no milk…water+skipped lunch and smoked mackerel+salad for dinner and have enough cals left for strawberries+melon+more water. I drink 2 litres every day but only 1 coffee.

Hi jennyh, I’ve frightened myself off doughnuts too, have been allowing myself way too many treats and telling myself it’s okay as I’m not up at the 2000 cal limit, but it’s not on and I know that really. Food plan is worked out for rest of the week, that way I’ll stick to it and maybe one or two small treats ๐Ÿ™‚

Good on you Shaz…. stick with it, the fast days are not that bad and we’ll be able to have a treat or two on the feed days. Believe me….if I can do it, anyone can. I’ve made excuse after excuse as to why I haven’t lost weight for family events over the years and refuse to put up photos with me in them but all that is going to change! I’ll be in every photo this summer! Yes….we’ll show them!

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 202 total)

You must be logged in to reply.