I thought of a new benefit!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Melinda_in_NC 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi everyone,

I just thought of a benefit to this lifestyle that I would pass along to you: Making medically necessary fasts a BREEZE!

A few years back, I was unfortunate enough to have gotten a C-difficile (sp?) infection in my gut. It was caused by the antibiotics I had taken for a sinus infection. I was very, very, very sick for several weeks. I finally went to the doctor when I realized I had had 16 bouts of diarrhea one day. They made me do an ultrasound and they almost sent me to the hospital on the spot. Fortunately, I didn’t know the full extent of how bad a C-diff infection can be (it can kill you) until it was better.

Anyway, as part of the treatment and diagnosis, I had to get a colonoscopy. I was all of 44. So, I had to the do 24 hours fast and it durn near killed me! I didn’t know what I was doing and was fearful and nervous of everything. Not to mention that I was still very sick (Christmas that year was spent on the sofa).

But now I know that not only are fasts completely do-able, but that they are good for you! So, I will be ready when I turn 50 and have to get the “baseline” 50-year old colonoscopy. 🙂

@melinda_in_nc
    “So, I will be ready when I turn 50 and have to get the “baseline” 50-year old colonoscopy. ”

I also had a colonoscopy done years ago and the fasting was for several days prior to that. I’m not sure how often a colonoscopy should be done?

What was the benefit that you discovered?

I just mean the next time I have to fast prior to a medical intervention, I won’t fear it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.