I have a cold, should I fast??

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Linonchis 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Hi!
    I’ve had a cold for a couple of days and fasting day came up. I’m going through with it, but was wondering if I should wait until I get 100% better to continue? I had a pig out weekend and couldn’t wait for my Monday fast.

Thanks!

I don’t think there’s any reason why a cold should stop you fasting, but you should always listen to your body.
    If you find that fasting makes you feel too poorly, stop, and move it to another day this week.

🙂

Thanks Clickbeetle85, I guess I survived, it’s almost 5:30 and time to go home for my warm 400 cal meal!

So you’re another one who saves your calories for a decent evening meal? The best way to go!

I’ve been lucky enough to avoid colds while fasting (I’ve probably just set myself up for one by saying that!).
    I tend to feel ridiculously hungry whenever I have a really bad cold, so that would probably be the only reason why I might not be able to get through a fast day. Not for any legitimate medical reasons!

Enjoy your food, and get well soon! 🙂

Hahaha, yeah, I’ve tried many ways of fasting, but I really like to enjoy one hearty meal at night. I also discovered that when I dont have bfast I dont get really that hungry during the day… I think everyone gets humgry with colds, I could sit and eat until I explode, but today the fasting worked!!! I guess all the ginger lemon tea helped for the cold too!

Ooo ginger and lemon tea! Yum!

Totally agree about the breakfast thing – I had a banana for breakfast on my very first fasting day and regretted it so much!

I have a stonking cold and its a fast day tomorrow… feeling sorry for myself so tempted to postpone but will try and soldier through! I suppose keeping well hydrated is key.

I can see myself being ill all week and I think I’d feel worse if I knew that I wasn’t going to lose pounds this week. So far losing 2lb a week so on a bit of a roll and at this rate will have lost 2 stone by the middle of March…!

Can’t believe I didn’t take my hubby seriously when he had this cold last week! I feel totally pants 🙁

Hang in there LittleWing, the fasting day is doable. I made a ton of hot water with fresh lemon and some slices of ginger and had it all day, it helped me feel much better and pushed me through the fast. I’m in your same position, I love how the pounds are coming off so steady that I really dont want to risk it, and since I can’t really work out while being sick, at least fasting helps keep me on track.

keep strong!!!

Thanks for the encouragement, I wasn’t going to bother today until I saw your message! Almost through lunch time, then its Just a few hours til a big bowl of soup and homemade bread 🙂

Phew, 2 fast days done this week with a cold. Just kept drinking water and a couple of ginger teas, and 1 or 2 B*echams (other brands are available!) It was totally do-able as my focus was sort of on how terrible I felt and hunger took a back seat!

Am feeling 90% better which is great!

Oh and recorded a 3lb loss for this week taking me to a 15lb loss in 4 weeks! No real exercise… maybe 4 runs, housework (always and lots of) and serious buggy pushing!!!

Yeiii that’s great LittleWing, hope you are feeling better. I also did some progress, 3 cm less belly fat, 2 cm around my legs (FINALLY!!!!) and it wasn’t really so bad. I really look forward to the fasting days now, very strange in me! I also didn’t even pack my gym bag this week and still worked! Keep up the good work!! BTW, 15 pounds!! Im so jealous, I’ve done 10 in exactly 10 fasts, but I’ll keep it up!! can’t really turn back now!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply.