How To Start – newbie

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  beckyjoy 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi!

I’m not a serial dieter. I’m 38 and currently on only the 2nd diet of my life. 1st one I milkshakes and lost 78lbs but I now realise these diets are unsustainable on their own and I put 70lbs back on over the following 2 years.

I started again in August and have currently lost 63lbs doing shakes morning and night and my own soup at lunch – just under 500kcal a day. It suits me to low carb but again, socially it’s unsustainable.

I’d like to do 5:2. More for health than to lose the remaining 20lbs I really have. My question is, do I go straight into a fast day or do I have a couple of days of re-feeding first? Or am I having a ‘fast day’ just by being on a ketonic diet so can treat Monday as my fast day and start to eat more Tuesday?

Thank you muchesly! Quite excited about this and as I’m a very determined woman I’m looking forward to the results!

PS I just want to say that I have been looking long and hard for a permanent life-long way of eating. Coming from a family of very large men and women and a father who died very very young I’ve been doing lots of research on plans to keep me on track. 🙂

I have been following this for 2 weeks and have lost 7lbs. I have found the fast days easier than I thought I would.
    It seems to me to be the most sensible and straight forward way to manage calorie intake without feeling you’re following a strict diet.
    I think it’s something I could maintain for a very long time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.