How much have you lost?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  cornish-jane 6 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi everyone! I’m new here and from Manchester, UK. I’ve tried so many diets and never had good success. I need to lose around 35lbs to be back into a “healthy” weight range according to my BMI so I’m going to be trying the 5:2.

I was just wondering how much some of you lose on average every week? I’m intrigued! 🙂

I have been doing this fast for two months. I had 15 pounds to lose and have lost 5. I have eaten what I want on non fast days, and some weeks I have skipped one or both fasting day (on holiday for 10 days). I feel very good on fast days, and actually look forward to the break from digesting food.

I am starting to grow frustrated so I have incorporated some regular exercise which I don’t do normally. I am active in that I don’t sit often, but I don’t go for walks – I just stay busy. Hoping the next few months give greater results.

I started this in mid January and have lost 13lbs now I do FD’s Monday and Thursday and 16:8 everyday. The March Challenge has a great group of supporter you should check it out. I have been following it every month. Good Luck

I think I should add the 16:8 and see if that helps to push my numbers down. Can I join the March challenge this late?

Emmemmox – I’ve been doing 5:2 for over 6 months now and I lose between 1-2lbs a week. On average just over a 1lb a week. It is very effective if you stick with it doing two 500 cal Fast Days a week and eating reasonably healthy the rest of the time. Some people do 4:3 or alternate day fasting to speed up the process.

What I like about 5:2 is you have to think about how you will change your eating habits long term, as you can’t pig out too much on non fast days. You may get to a stage where you do not want to return to your old ways of eating that got you into trouble in the first place. Avoid the binge-and-fast approach!

For me the weight comes off in waves – quite a bit for one or two weeks then slows a bit, then picks up again. So you need to keep going! Joining a monthly challenge really helps. It works – go for it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.