How do I stop myself rebelling on non fast days?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Support, chat and encourage
How do I stop myself rebelling on non fast days?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TracyJ 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• This is my 2nd attempt at 5:2 and I stopped it last time because I felt myself rebelling against the fast days – overeating, picking etc

I’m back on 5:2 again, after a 3 month break. I’m into my 3rd week and we’ve had family staying over the weekend and a party and we then had a few days away in our motorhome by the sea (:)) but I found myself overeating and picking at cold meat and slices of cheese on top of my usual meals for the day. I’m wondering if I’m not suited to this kind of woe as I do have an issues with feeling deprived if I don’t get enough food or my choice of food and tend to rebel ( I know it’s against myself)

Any help is welcome 🙂

I think it’s difficult to tell if it’s ‘for you’ or not as an outsider. Those of us who are on here and stick it out are obviously suited to it, so we don’t necessarily understand where ‘little & often’ eaters are coming from. You would know best what you are naturally like? Can you (in your normal non-5:2 life) go most of a busy day without noticing that you haven’t actually eaten anything yet? If so then it probably IS for you and you just need to train yourself to behave better on non-fastdays. If you were NEVER able to go a few hours without feeling like you might need to start chomping on a nearby chair leg then it’s probably either not your thing or will be hard to re-train your self.

I’m not the best behaved on non-fastdays to be honest and I’ve recently been a bit worse than normal but I do usually come in at or on my TDEE for calorie intake. I don’t like calorie counting so I don’t but I know what is in what I’m eating (roughly) and I always over (rather than under) estimate calorie contents. I think it’s important to have things to look forward to though, so I definitely don’t deprive myself and eat only ‘diet’ food on non-fastdays. I love chocolate and the big thing that keeps me going all day on a non-fastday is the promise of 3-4 lines (they’re big lines so we’re talking 500-600 calories) after my evening meal.

It may be that you’re eating too early on non-fastdays? I’d always recommend that you listen to your body, rather than look at the clock, to dictate your meals. So if you wake up without a burning need to eat on a non-fastday then just don’t. When you get a bit peckish, treat it like you would a fastday and just have some water until it goes away. If it doesn’t abate THEN have some breakfast. If you let the hunger genie out of his bottle too early on a fastday or a non-fastday then you will find it very difficult to ignore any unguarded munchies left lying around.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.