How do I control the weight loss?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  vicki 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi all! I’m new here, I hope to speak to you all regularly!

I gave the Fast Diet a short stint towards the end of 2013 and liked it, but I took a long break from it over Christmas and New Year. I’m now back on track, I have the book and I’m feeling totally motivated and focused 🙂

One thought I’ve had after reading the book, is that it certainly has many health benefits etc, and it almost seems to me that the weight loss is a ‘by-product’ of the diet. If so, how can you control the weight loss so that you can lose your target amount?

I’d like to lose 3 stone, but the book states the average weight loss is half a stone in 8 weeks. I was hoping to lose quicker than this, and wondered if the main benefit required is weight loss, rather than only health benefits, if it would be better to start as 4:3 rather than 5:2?

What do you think?

Thanks, Linda x

hi Linda and welcome to the forums!

all I would say is that try and see 5.2 as a new way of eating, not as diet, and give it time for it to work, as said many times before, this isn’t a quick fix miracle diet lol, but rather a way of life..

I don’t realy know about controlling the weight loss, your body will let you know I guess, I hit a plateau in October and only last month I had a small loss,but that’s ok because I am in no hurry and I would rather loose slowly and steadily and be able to maintain eventually!

I would suggest maybe start with 5.2 and see how you get on, then if you feel you are ready go for 4.3, its what works for you in the end!

good luck and happy fasting 🙂

Thanks Angie, I just feel so keen to see results I suppose, but I know I shold really aim to lose slowly in order to keep it off. It’s just so difficult! I’ve been reading through other people’s successes and it’s amazing, I can only hope I do as well on this as others have 🙂

Hi Linda

I am sure you will do just as well as the others, keep at it, at first it might be difficult to adjust, but once you have a few fasts under your belt and you see those numbers going down it’ll all be worth it!

when its tough come on here for support and encouragement, there is always someone on here with a kind word, or little nudge in the right direction 🙂

good luck, you’re not alone!! x

Hi Linda…losing an average 1 – 2 lbs per week is sustainable. It’s true that the more you have to lose the faster you lose it initially but, as has been said here many times, this is not a ‘quick fix’.

Since Feb 2013 I have lost 45lbs (just over 3 stone) which, I feel, is a fairly good rate of loss. I have another 20lbs to lose to reach my interim goal and I hope to be there by March/April this year.

I know we’d all like to lose our excess weight fast but it didn’t go on in a few weeks so it won’t come off that fast, I’m afraid. ‘Slow and steady wins the race’ certainly applies in relation to weight loss.

Keep at it…it will work. Your clothes will soon show you how well.

Good luck xx

Hi Linda
    This lifestyle really does work, but it is much better to have a steady and sustainable loss, which you can maintain. I started in January 2013 and have lost 19.5kg or 3 stone 2 lb, which mimics Sylvestra pretty well exactly. I lost 9kg in the first 12 weeks, then slowed down, stopped fasting for 6 weeks in June / July when I was sick and wrecked my shoulder, and now just slowly descend! From 90.8kg to 71.3kg averages out at just under a pound a week, and I know that it is never going to be allowed to return. Today I bought slacks in size 14 WITH A SIDE ZIP! (no stretchy waist). Bra down from 20DD to 16c.
    Go for it at the beginning but be content to slow down later and know you can keep it off
    Good luck
    Vicki

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.