Hidradenitis Suppurativa

This topic contains 0 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Rabbette 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hello

I have just been diagnosed with this condition. Has anyone else? Still in a daze.

Awe @parveenh I’m so sorry. I have a mild form of it and have had flair ups since i was a kid. My dad also has this and when I was a kid I remember using this liquid stuff that you would put on a cotton ball and dab on it. It burned like the dickens but then the red patch or bumps would feel better and they would go down by that evening or the next day. It was amazing how much it burned and I remember it was a prescription and i have no idea what it was as I have gotten mine more under control.

The way I handle it now, is always taking a bath before bed, i’m not an oily person, like I can go a week without washing my hair *no one would know* but my skin feels slightly sticky to ME. My SO says they have no idea what I’m talking about and my skin feels fine. BUT I can tell, its just really slight and where it affects me most is under my arms. So I bathe before bed (in the morning doesn’t help me as much) then clean PJs and here is the kicker… I can not sleep with my own skin touching my skin (I’m just too hot and those are the places that will flare up) so for the underarm part of my PJs The arm hole is loose, but I tuck the extra fabric under my arms a bit so that they don’t touch while I’m sleeping. This seems to have held off a lot of flare ups.

However dealing with this in the heat – I wear lots of tank tops and will try and keep the parts that flare up as “dry” as possible, sometimes with talc powder, sometimes I put a cool washrag on me. I walk about like a chicken flapping wings if my armpits are still wet from the cool washrag. I can not let damp skin contact damp skin.

I hope you find something that works for you. My heart goes out to you, I know its painful.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.