Hi, new member here

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi all,

I’ve just joined up so thought I would say hello. I’m a married 37 year old mum of 2 boys. I’ve been overweight since I was about 10! I’ve tried practically every diet out there but never really lost more than around 1 or 2 stone before quitting.

I’ve been doing “ok” since January. I’ve lost around 11lb so far which is good for me. But I saw the 800 fast book for sale in the supermarket and picked it up. I’ve always thought drastically cutting calories was really bad for us and the weight would pile back on and I’d lose loads of muscle but everything in the book told me that wasn’t true and studies showed time and time again that actually cutting calories very low on at least 2 days a week would be a good way to lose weight!

So I am going to give it a go! Today I will eat a normal amount of calories (usually between 1800 and 2000 calories is where I would maintain my weight) and then tomorrow I will eat up to 800 as per the 800 fast book. Then I will go it again on Friday.

I’m hopeful to see some changes before I go away on holiday at the start of April. I know there is no way I would be able to stick to 800 calories on holiday but I will practice only eating two meals a day (lunch and evening meal) and I rarely drink alcohol so even though it’s an all inclusive holiday I am hoping the damage won’t be too bad. Then back on with 5:2 once back.

Nice to “meet” you all. Looking forward to reading through some of the posts and seeing how everyone is getting on.

Hello, again, Firecracker! Yes, this should work for you.
    Why not Fast on holiday? I know its all-inclusive and you feel that you ‘already paid for it so eat the food.’ BUT: it is possible to make good choices from the buffet which will keep you full and not break the bank. Eggs for breakfast with 1/2 a plate of fresh fruit — like morning at a spa! Dinner of lean protein [fish, poultry, pork] which is broiled or roasted along with 1/2 a plate of veggies. Share a dessert. You do this on Fast Days while on holiday.
    Your 11 pounds off since January is super! Keep up the good work.
    Have you calculated your TDEE? Click RESOURCES at top of the page and follow the prompts. NOTE: enter the weight you WANT TO BE, rather than the weight you are now, then you’ll get an idea of how many calories to eat on Slow Days.
    Good luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.