Hi, new here and wondering about caffeine…

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Martie 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi, am still reading the book and so not really started yet, but looking forward to doing so as I’ve never been into ‘diets’ but this whole intermittent fasting thing just kind of makes so much sense (intuitivey and empirically).

I notice the authors say they drink a lot of caffeine, which is something I’m really wanting to quit as I’m about to start a new job in a new (very expensive!) city and I really can’t afford to continue my habit of drinking tea in cafes several times a day (which really adds up!)

What are others drinking on fast days? I guess I just need encouragement more than anything as, apart from the money, I really need to cut down on the caffeine and heard than decaffeinated isn’t much better due to the chemicals used etc.

Thanks

Hi Martie
    I’ve switched to herbal tea and water……..lots of water is recommended on fast days to keep you hydrated and help avoid constipation.
    Good luck and if you need support consider joining the monthly challenge, I find they’re a great way to keep motivated.

Hi MissyBear, thanks for the tips. What’s the monthly challenge (still new here so not really navigated the site yet)? Thanks again

Martie
    Monthly challenges are forum members worldwide who post to encourage each other, some people are just starting 5:2, others have been following the plan for a while and still working towards their goal and others have reached their target weight and maintaining. There is an enormous amount of knowledge and experience amongst challenge members so whenever you have questions there is usually someone who can help. I joined the July challenge as a 5:2 newbie and will continue every month as it really keeps me focused. If you’re interested look at the recent forum posts under the current September challenge and there is also a new October challenge set up.

Many thanks, I’ll definitely look into the October challenge 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.