hi ladies and gentlemen

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  gracie 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• Hi guys

I’ve been stalking the forum for a few days and have successfully completed my first fast day! Well not until 9am tomorrow!! Not as bad as I was expecting!

I’m 33 and about 3 stone over weight, all as a result of too much beer and snacks! Quite active taking the dog out etc and weights

I’m very much into the science aspects of the fast and longevity as well as the health and weight loss sides too of course!

I’ve some pics of the 320cal tea I made today it was a pan full! But my tummy is growling again now lol

Anyway just wanted to say hi!!

Cheers

Hi Badwolf33 and welcome to the forum! Congratulations on completing your first fast day, its a great feeling and once you have done it, you know there is no reason why you cant keep doing it.

As I am sure you have seen there are so many lovely people on the forum so do always drop in when you are having difficulty and we will keep you right on track. But most importantly let us all know when those lbs start dropping off (which they will!)

Best of luck x

Well done! I am looking forward to seeing what you had for tea 🙂

Hi thanks for the welcomes 🙂

Wow what a first day! Woke up at 4.30ish this morning starving but full of energy and no way back to sleep! I resisted till near 12:30 for lunch (660cals + sly bag of crisps uppsss 😉 )

For Tea I’ve had stuffed pitta breads (stir fry with water not oil) which clocked in at 600 plus a fruit salad at 0700 this morning so still a good amount to go for TDEE but I’m aiming for 1800 cals on normal days to speed weight loss up but eating fruit veg and fish so plenty of nutrients plus a green juice so should be fine 😀

Felt quite nauseated all day and had “the trotts” but I guess it’ll take a few more fasts for my body to get used to it but because of uni and clinic my next fast day is Sunday!

How have your days been?! I’ll upload pics asap the zero noodles are awesome!!!! Gonna dry fry some with spices and have with tuna and salad for lunch 2mo! Yum yum 😉

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=2581AD0356F5454F!1623&authkey=!ANychCGbDaGxzK8&v=3&ithint=photo%2c.jpg

This should do it. A quick run down that portion was about 200-220cals and had 6 veg in all in all. Very spicy and very filling. A simple base was made my blending half an onion to a smooth paste then frying with 1cal cooking spray adding the spices then tomatoes then veg and cooking out a while! Not bad for the amount of cals and it left plenty for supper too!

Hi badwolff33! (surely a DW fan with that handle?)

Those stuffed pittas sound scrummy, well done you. You are not the first person to say they’ve had the trots, (along with insomnia, headaches, etc.) from what I’ve seen, the body calms down quickly.

Good luck!
    Aud x

Good spot aud 😉

I was tempted by a grill-up but Im already thinking about what the cals to satisfaction ration will be lol (is how much in get the troff he he )

Seen your pik, YUM. And yes, as much troff for the cals for sure 🙂 Onions are brilliant for adding interest.

Yay, DW! I tell myself I am too old for fandoms, but still they have that pull. I was very lucky to meet Tom Baker once, one of the best fandom experiences of my life.

Sounds like you’re a young bloke, lucky you with your 1800 cals; an old lady like me has a rec. TDEE of 1349 cals on feed days!

Lol I’ve loved Dr who ever since my dad took me to the Blackpool exhibit and I got scared of a darlek!! (No it wasn’t last year I’m not that young lol )

I bet that was an awesome experience?! What do you make to the new Dr?!

Ah my TDEE is 2400 I’m a hefty chap at 5’10 an 16’8 (233lbs or so I think) (as of today lol) and 33 years old, so reducing to 1800kCal plus fasting should mean ~2lb a week loss with minimal muscle loss. I’m getting over a bad knee and foot infection so I can only hit the weights as exercise at the moment and wrestling with my pup too low

Feed days makes me think of vampires…. I may have to start using that lol 😀

Hi, have to say your tea looked great! I’ll be having that next week :-)I completed my 2nd fast day yesterday and am not finding it too difficult – yet!I woke up this morning starving too! I’m glad you noted the “trots” – I thought it was just me – lol.

My next fast will be Friday but it’ll be “weighing day” on Thursday and hopefully, I’ll see a result. I’m sure I will but either way I feel much better already.

Anyway, I’m probably the only one on here who remembers the original Doctor – William Hartnell. I spent many a Saturday afternoon hiding behind the sofa!

Linda 🙂

Thanks Linda I’m learning to quickly enjoy mainly vegetarian meals at the moment, which coincided with a desire to cut down on meat (keeping fish, 2-5,portions a week rather than 7+) in general anyway so it works well for the fast. I think next time I may try a little quorn in it but I doubt it’ll bring much to it!

I’ll be experimenting with sugar free jelly and zero noodles next week for a low cal / carb treat! Has the potential to be quite nice I think!

Oh good luck for Thursday! Let us know how you do! 🙂 I weighing officially once a week but had a sneak preview and was down 1lb after fast but I suspect that was just old food / water weight rather than excess adipose tissue 🙂

I hope you’re doing okay, bad wolf x

Hey! I too am new to the fast diet and have been completing it for a week now. Finding it very positive. I am 29 5 ft 11 and weighed 17 stone (too much beer and nights out). Was very fed up of my weight as have always been a medium build. In just a week I have lost 9IB. I even had to buy new scales as I thought this couldn’t be right to loose that much that quickly.

I have been fasting for three days in that first week. Small soup for lunch, then around 400 calls for my dinner. Also been drinking lots of water, still have my two morning coffees with milk and green teas. I have completely cut out the lagers and will remain doing so for a while. I feel much fresher and livelier. I plan to begin going for walks and a run from tomorrow. It’s great to read all of your posts and find them most useful.

Ian Birmingham.

Fast day one for me too…..I am sure I will have tougher days, but day one was comfortable enough. One weetabix and skimmed milk at 7.30am….and then shredded beef and couscous for dinner tonight…about half portion I would normally have. Haven’t counted exact calories, but breakfast was no more than 100 and dinner certainly wasn’t more than 400 so comfortably under 500 calories.

And here is the the thing…. Yes I did have some hunger pangs at around 1pm and then again at about 5ish…but they didn’t last long and I just sipped a pint of water slowly each time…other than that just a couple of cups of ccffee, that was it all day.. Remarkably simple skipping lunch and I really enjoying my meal tonight..ate it slowly and savoured every mouthful.

Best of all, feel positive about day one, especially combining it with cutting out snacks and alcohol on all week days. Target is to lose a couple of stones, but I am not weighing myself until I first notice some difference in the fit of my clothes because I don’t want to get hung up on scales and whether I have lost a pound or not each week…roll on Thursday for fast day two!

Hi everyone, I want to lose 23 pounds to take me to 8 stone. This is my second time doing the fast & it was a success for me before but I stopped because of an emotional set back last Spring. I am vegetarian so would love to see more veggie meal plans. On my fourth fast today. Finding it easy as I have done it before. I have trouble getting off to sleep though. My overall downfall is alcohol I think, and not exercising enough (have started couch to 5K this week though). I just lose the run of myself no the weekends really. So good all week!

Looking forward to following along on everyones journey. It helps me when other people are doing it but none of my friends want to, they think they will faint.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply.