Hi I'm a lady of a certain age, from the land down under, on my first fast day!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Hi I'm a lady of a certain age, from the land down under, on my first fast day!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nwilso85 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• First fast day today, its nearly 1100, only had black herbal tea, water and a banana so far, have a slight headache and stomach hunger, nothing too bad and manageable. I would like to link with others just starting out to keep each other motivated, swap ideas and recipes as such. Going to make a vege soup/drink for lunch and steamed veges and fish for dinner. This should fit into 500 calories. Love to hear from others!

Hi nilso85

Congratulations on choosing this way of life. Your health will benefit and weight loss is a bonus.

I don’t fit your ‘just starting out’ criterion because I have been following this way of life since returning to work at the end of January this year. I am however definitely a LOACA from the land down under (South Australia).

I intend to live this way for the rest of my life so it’s important to avoid the sense of deprivation associated with daily ‘dieting’, which inevitably leads to ‘failure’ and all the associated negative feelings. Consequently I don’t eliminate any food type and apart from FDs just try to stay within my TDEE on the other five.

If you haven’t done so already, may I suggest you get Dr M’s book and track down his original Horizon TV programme which both set out the scientific rationale.

I think someone on the Southern Hemisphere thread was going to set up a recipe thread but don’t know any more. You will certainly find lots of food ideas and support from like-minded people on the SH thread.

Had yummy stir-fry prawns with lots of veg and peanut butter sauce last night. Big plate and calculated at 280C/serve so even though not an official FD, still well below TDEE without trying very hard. After nearly a year practising this WOL I eat much less than before.

Following another of Dr M’s Horizon programs on ‘Fast exercise’ I devised a very simple HIIT routine up and down my long steep driveway. My HR gets up to about 160 and only takes 5 minutes. At work up and down 2 sets of stairs – old building with 4m ceilings so plenty of steps. I get to work before most people so don’t get any odd looks when I arrive at the top floor for the third time puffing like a beached whale. 🙂

Once again, congratulations on choosing this way of life. There are lots of hints around on how to deal with hunger (deep breaths, drink water, distract yourself are some of my techniques). Use the menu at the top of the page for FAQs and calculators for your BMI and TDEE.

Keep us posted! Nicky

Thanks Nikki, the prawn dish sounds great. Sticking well to my fast, feeling a little light headed, having the TV on while doing office work at home is hard, so many food adds. Going to do some housework now and maybe some gardening. Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.