hi from Oregon, USA

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hello, I feel terribly cliche starting a diet for the new year. I haven’t made any resolutions whatsoever, though so it is just bad timing.

I have done, years back, the rotation diet which is much harder. With that you do a rotation of 300, 600, and 900 calories if I remember right, with a week of 1,500 in there somewhere too. It worked wonders and I kept the weight off for some time. I just went off of my seizure medications (one years ago made me fat, but the last one I was on apparently was keeping me stable at my unhappy but familiar weight) and have been gaining weight as well as feeling extra hungry. I tried the rotation diet again, and couldn’t do it (last time when it worked I wasn’t diagnosed as Celiac yet either…so wheat helped).

I need to do something. I was anorexic back in my University days and am finding the thoughts creeping back I don’t want to let myself get back to that, but I truly loathe myself right now.

I am a medical disaster so I will post in the medical thread, but otherwise…hi. 🙂

Sara

Hi! 😉 And welcome!!
    First, two big congratulations. One for beating the anorexia a while back, and one for deciding to just post here and get on the wagon with us! The first step is usually the hardest.

Do you have the book? Or do you require some tips? It’s a good idea to have a good look around the forum. The first step should be calculating your TDEE though, so you know what to do on your normal and low days. I call them that because ‘feast’ and ‘fast’ sounds so daunting.
    Some people decide to eat their 500 calories (or whatever, a fourth of your TDEE) spread over the day, others (like me) eat them all at night. Whatever takes your fancy!!
    Now you’re already known with calories and counting them, so I think you’ll be just fine ^^

I really hope your Celiac doesn’t bother you as much, nor your other ‘disasters’. Keep us updated on how you do or if you have any questions!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.