Hey! New guy here.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mr Data 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi, you can call me Jim.

I’m just starting out with 5:2.

I’ve done intermittent fasting before; I do like it. However, I’ve typically done 16:8 protocol — I’ve even done OMAD, which is just one meal a day.

Now I’ve lost most of my excess weight, but I’ve still got just a few extra pounds and a lil’ bit of pudge I’d like to lose.

Weight loss comes down to calories. I’m not interested in continuous calorie restriction. I think the benefits of intermittent fasting are compelling. I also think not eating at all for 16+ hours and having a set eating window is inconvenient. Hence, 5:2 seems perfect for me.

Here goes nothing!

Hi Jim.

I’ve been doing 5:2 for a little over 7 years now so I’d certainly agree with you that it is a convenient enough approach that it can be sustained over a long period. I’ve gone from a BMI of 27.45 down to 23 at the moment. Ideally I’d like it to be 22.5 but after an initial drop in the first 6 months to 22.2 it’s averaged 22.9 since then, which is reasonably healthy.

Best of luck with it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.