Hey Hey

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Hey everyone, I’ve been lurking on these forums for awhile now, wondering if this will be the WOE for me, the one that will end all this dieting and yo-yoing. I believe so and I want to start fresh so I decided to register today and really start. I will be doing a variation of the fast so a Day 1 5pm to Day 2 9pm fast. I tested out some regular fast days and it is not possible for me. I don’t have a desk job; I have a job where I am constantly on my feet and moving, sometimes dancing lol so I need energy. I think that starting after lunch on Day 1 and splitting my 600 calories (in accordance to 25% of my TDEE etc.) between Day 1 dinner, Day 2 breakfast, and Day 2 lunch will be the best for me. Then repeating again Day 3 to Day 4. I’m hoping it works and I will be my own guinea pig. This is a WOE so I have the rest of my life to get it right~
    so my stats
    Height: 5’3
    CW: 224 lbs
    GW: a healthy BMI so anywhere in there is fine
    1st Goal: 214 lbs, 10 pounds. My first goal is to lose 10 pounds! Wish me luck~

Angel

Welcome Angel, and good luck!!! interested to see how your experiment works. we all have to find what works for us. good luck with that first 10lbs. keep us posted. Phyllis

Welcome Angel, I agree- we have to find our own ways and I personally am still experimenting quite a bit. I do 5:2 then 4:3 – sometimes with calorie counting and sometimes without. I try to eat healthy, but sometimes that goes out off the back window and I eat a bowl of ice cream… And it is a big one…

So far I have lost four kgs in nearly 4 weeks, but I hope that I can find a routine so that I can stop thinking about this diet and implement it as part off my life. At the moment it seems to run my life and I spent too much time contemplating about what to eat and what not on fast days and non-fast days. It might have to do with the fact that I am calorie counting on non fast days as well. I need to get a feeling for how many calories are in certain foods asI have no clue.

Anyhow, good luck with it and keep up the good fast.
    Stef.

Hey Angel, and welcome! You’re one of the few youngsters on here, we have to stick together 😉 (22 here). I hope the method you concocted works out for you and that it’ll get you the results you want!

And it’s a good idea to set small goals for yourself, no need to go “MY GOAL IS 60 POUNDS WHOOO”. That’s kind of what I do though. Hmmm. Need to rethink that.

I like the way you say this is a WOE so you have your whole life to get it right 🙂 I hope you figure it out soon though, so it can become a way of life and you can even stop thinking about it most of the time.

Hi Angel

Very best wishes as you start this new WOE 🙂 You will have picked up a lot of ideas thru your reading of this forum, so make good use of all those that you think will be useful for you.

As others have said, have lots of mini goals and keep us posted on how your eating regime works for you.

Cheers
    Sassy 😀

PS what sort of dancing?

Hey Nika!~ Yay lets stick together for sure. I know that if I say wow I have 80 lbs to lose, I will feeL discouraged so I’m just aiming with all my might for 10 lbs right now. How has this WOE been for you so far? any positives and/or negatives?

Hey Sassy,

Im teachings kids for the year so its when I dance to the songs they learn lolol, nothing professional (i wish :P) are you a dancer?
    I will definitely keep you all posted. I am really trying to make it work!

Hi Angel, I love dancing but unfortunately am no dancer 🙁

Working with kids will keep you active and busy, which should be a great help for this WOE 🙂

Nika will have lots of feedback for you, and I am sure she will reply sometime as she is marvellous at posting. If you don’t want to wait for her reply, click on her blue name and it will take you to her ‘page’ where you can click on the replies she has made – there will be lots but you can scroll thru those quickly looking for her thoughts that are relevant to you 🙂

Good luck!
    Sassy

Oeh, I’m being promoted. I like. Thanks Sassy 😉

Heya Angel! Yeah it sounds like an impossible feat if you look at it like that huh? Same with me for 60… I’m currently just over a third of the way there, lost a bit over 20lb. I never really use pounds though, metric girl here…

So far the diet has treated me fine, it’s myself that’s being an annoying twat 😉 The occasional binge and all that. But my weightloss so far is good, and I’m planning on continuing over the next 6 weeks (want to lose another 9kg during that time). That’s 18-20 pounds right? Never sure.

Marvellous poster signing off!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.