Help… where does my commitment go?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Support, chat and encourage
Help… where does my commitment go?

This topic contains 22 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  katser12 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

• Hey everyone, so I have been doing the fast diet for 3 weeks now. Im so annoyed at my self though, I have the greatest intentions on a feed day but for some reason I always end up pigging out, its like I cant control myself. Does anyone else feel like this? Its sabotaging my weight loss and really getting me down!

Hi Katie, I struggle as well and have been on this journey for 5 weeks . I think the only thing for me that works is to keep busy and I have bought a diary to record all calories as I tend to add it in my head which does not work…..notwithstanding I get your situation. I have been supported by others from another thread and was quite pleased when I went to my works biscuit tin, the words from one writer came to mind and I walked away… Keep it up and write when you need . Cheers emel

Thanks Emel, what where the word? I just don’t see that I will ever have a ‘normal’ relationship with food – i have the extremes of fasting of feasting. I might try limiting my eating times on feed days like the 16:8 to see if that helps! Glad you are starting to be able to take control though, thats promising!

I am hoping that with perseverance ones relationship with food can change but I suspect that one really has to work out where the unhealthy relationship with food began. After 51 years I am moving towards a better appreciation as to why this dysfunctional relationship developed……..
    Onto other things, today I fasted well and even tho I have an upset with my 16 yr old son I am staying firm re my food intake. I am not hungry and eating my anger is not going to help so yay me!
    Hope yr day was successful!

Well done for not giving in to comfort food! I fasted today, I am finding fast days ok and after my binge on feed days I look forward to them! Im nervous about tomorrow, I really don’t want to over eat. I hope you worked things out with your son, keep up the good fasting work!

So Katie how was today? I had two functions today and as it was my non fast day I ate but was quite controlled. Tomorrow is another fast day I do mon wed and fri so am determined to keep going.

Hi Katie 100668, I too have fallen off the diet wagon!!!! I feel SO FAT now and am desperate to lose 10lbs by CHRISTMAS!!!! I have started today and the difference is I am using the forum to help me stay motivated. Let me know how you are getting on?

Hi katsert12 I struggle with perseverance and whilst not perfect over past five weeks if have found that this forum is keeping me keeping on. All the best emel1962

Hi Katser12, thanks for your post. Hopefully the forum can help me too. I was supposed to fast today but my head just isn’t in the right space, so I will try and control what I eat. Hopefully we can do this together. I don’t want to give in. Sometimes I feel like we put to much pressure on ourselves as well – surely that is only setting us up to fail?

Emel you are doing great controlling yourself at functions, good for you. You will be my inspiration. I am going to write down everything I eat today!

Happy Friday to you both 🙂

So how was your Friday Katie? Today I went to the gym – I know that if I exercise my resolve will be stronger – I need to work on that now!!

Hi emel1962 thank you for your reply. I started fast on Thursday, then lost 1 lb by Fri then worked really hard to not eat much yesterday and found I had not gained this morning. However, today, finding it cookbook hard to not eat too much because I don’t want to get to Mon and find I’ve gained!!!!! It’s so hard to keep it off. With everyone’s support, hopefully we can do it.

A suggestion, don’t weigh yourself more than once a week and do it on the morning after a fast day. You cannot accurately assess weight loss with this WOE by weighing yourself every day. The amount of partially digested food in your body will vary from day to day, if you are dehydrated or well hydrated your weight can vary by a couple of pounds.
    The average weight loss for women on 5:2 is 1lb per week.

Hi Katie, how is your wknd going? I lost 1 lbs but am finding it really hard to limit what I eat over wknd, I so don’t want to gain by Monday! Keep going.

Thanks for the advice,very useful.

Hi emel,Katie and others how you doing? I’m finding it difficult to cut down on non fast days. I will be fasting tomorrow and don’t want to find I’ve gained weight from wknd!!! Spent day painting bathroom and doing lots of housework, polishing, hoovering just to stop thinking about food and try to burn off those calories!!!!!!!

Thanks Amazon, that’s very good advice, I made the mistake of weighing every day, only to be more and more disappointed and frustrated. How is your diet going?

Hi katser,
    I started last year and lost 42lbs but then stopped for 8 months and gained 18lbs. I started again in August and am now over 50lbs less than when I first started. I fast for 3 or 4 days a week and exercise daily. I only weigh myself once a week and before I started I measured my waist. I’ve only got on the scales twice and found that there was no loss, but on measuring my waist discovered I had lost inches, so it is all going well. I’ve got more to lose and am aiming to reach my goal by the end of April.
    Fasting gets easier, as does controlling what you eat on non fast days. It takes a while to change habits that have formed from years of bad eating.

Wow Amazon,that’s amazing. Well done. I struggle with nonfast days but maybe I should aim to do 3 fast days? Is it ok to eat whatever you want on fast days as long as it’s just 500 calories? Do you find it better to eat once or twice on your fast days? Thanks again for your support and advice, with this help,I’m determined to succeed for once.

Hi Katie 100668, I have just done my first week and, disappointingly, only lost 1 lb. I know exactly how you feel, it’s SO DIFFICULT on non fast days. It’s been suggested to log exactly what your calories are so you don’t overeat on non fast days. That’s what I think I will have to do. Don’t give up, you can do this. We all need to support each other, good luck and let us know how you’re doing.

Hi katser and welcome:

The average weight loss on 5:2 is about a pound a week. You are right on schedule! Numbers 1, 2 and 4 on this post might help: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

katser, I suggest you give yourself a few weeks to get used to 5:2 and regulating your eating on non fast days. Once you’ve achieved that you can think about doing an extra fast day. If you try to do too much too soon it might be too hard and if you fail you’ll be really disappointed.
    Don’t be hard on yourself, just be determined. There are a lot of folk on this website who have lost far more than me, and are doing maintenance and keeping the weight off. No reason why you can’t do it.

Hi Katser and all. I am on week three this week I too struggled on week one went over my 500 on both fast days and didn’t really think about what I was eating the other 5. week to I decided to eat two weight watchers meals for my fast days I have one at lunch about 12 o clock and then another about six. usually have enough cals left for a hot choc b4 bed. i thought if i can manage till tea time on 250 cals for two days I can do it everyday so that’s what I’ve been doing. I now have low cal diet meal every lunchtime, this leaves be with a whopping 1600 calories for the evening! its almost impossible to eat that much in an evening. If I have a wobble during the day I just tell myself not now you can have it later, then I seem to forget about it. Had to eat a bar of chocolate yesterday because it was 9 pm and I had only used 800 cals. this works great for me maybe worth giving it a try?

Hi Supermam 264 thank you so much for really good advice. Will give it a go. It really helps having people doing the same diet. I think having this support is the only way I can possibly succeed.
    Keep on going and be strong.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply.