Help Required! Shift work and fasting

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  53Anna 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi guys, looking for some advice. I am looking to start intermittent fasting on a 16:8 ratio as I am a beginner. The question I have is that I work 12 hour shifts which rotate between dayshift and night shift. My working hours are Sunday Monday Tuesday 6am-6pm and then rotates on a weekly basis to Sunday Monday Tuesday 6pm-6am. I thought to have my eating window from 11am-7pm when I am day shift but I don’t know how to transition to night shift or if I should change my eating window times to suit both. Has anyone came across this issue before. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance. David

I am no expert but I think just try eating in the 8hr window that suits you and you can maintain it, see what feels right. Good luck 🙂

Hi Davidm90 how did you shift fasting go. Im a nurse and work nights and days with no set pattern and am looking for some help in changing from days to nights fasting on a 12:12 time plan. At the moment I get very hungry in the morning coming home from a night when Im not supposed to be eating again until after 12pm. Any advise

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.