Help please!!!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  GolfinGoldy 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Ok so I am starting today my Fasting. Which I will have no problem because eating 500 calories is not the difficult part. Eating 1600 calories on my regular day is going to be my problem. I have never eaten 1600 a day. I am afraid if I eat that much I will gain weight. Will I? I have done the weight watchers and I am so use to that. I have lost 6lbs on it but cannot get past that. I am told that I need to eat more so maybe 1600 will work for me but I have to be honest I will have to eat like a JR whopper instead of my usual turkey burger. Things like that because I am not a big eater. I figure I need to get foods with high calories.??? I am just guessing so if there is anyone out there that can help me please I really want to do this. Thank you.

Bella, you don’t say if you are doing the fast to lose weight or not? How many calories less than 1600 do you normally consume, and have you been eating so little in an attempt to lose weight, a la weight watchers?

What are your reasons for wanting to do the fast diet if you don’t mind my asking?

Hello LittleWing yes I am doing it to lose weight I would like to lose at least 5-10lbs.. As far as W.W. you get 26 points. Which I on days would have a hard time getting 26 points by the end of the day. I babysit my grand kids and a lot of times I don’t eat lunch. So buy the time I get to have supper still have a lot of points.

The reason is to see if I am not eating right. Maybe I should be eating more calories(1600) I am 53 yrs 4 11 height and I weigh 115. I am going through menopause so of course I have put on weight were I never have before. I feel as though I should be at least 107 or 110. I am not and I workout at home 5days plus active with a 3yr old and 18 month old.

I am thinking maybe I don’t need to eat low fat stuff where I maybe burn more then my intake???

Ahh I understand now, you are dinky! I guess for your height and frame 1600 would be a lot, but yes, perhaps swap low cal versions of food for the real thing on non fast days…. The fast diet is a different concept to something like weight watchers. The calorie counting is only really supposed to happen on the fast days, the rest of the week you are supposed to eat healthily but not be in ‘diet’ mode in the traditional sense, although a lot of folk seem to report switches to a healthier lifestyle come naturally with this plan.

Someone else might be able to give a more scientific answer though 🙂

LOL I am glad you understand. Ok so I will try to not watch to much what I eat. I have to be honest I am very afraid that I am going to gain weight. I will make sure it is portioned controlled. Wish me luck. LOL

As of right now 3 pm I have only had 137 calories. See not eating does not bother me. Because I just don’t get hungry which is no good because my body goes into starve mode. Very Strange..

Thank you so much for responding. 🙂

According to the book, your body should not go into “starve mode” in one day of fasting. Have you read the book? Two days of fasting – 400-500 calories for you and 5 “normal” days, should allow you to lose the last few pounds you want.
    Good luck.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.