Help needed!! Still struggling since Xmas!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Support, chat and encourage
Help needed!! Still struggling since Xmas!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Tasha14 9 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi all,

I’ve been doing 5:2 for over a year now, nearly 5 stone down but still just over 2 stone to go so I know it works! HOWEVER since Xmas when I didn’t fast for 2 weeks and put on 9lbs (I easily put on weight) I’ve struggled to lose that gain and more.

I exercise 3-4 times a week, I stick to my BMR (not TDEE) calories on my eat days but then tend to have a lot more on a Friday and Saturday night plus 2 days fasting AND doing the 16:8 principle everyday. I only eat from 12pm – 8pm (except fri/sat).

I don’t know what else to and keep thinking maybe fasting is not for me to lose the last few stones.

Looking for any support & much needed advice please 🙁

Thank you,
    Tasha x

Wow 5 stone down. Congratulations!

I guess you have hit the nail on the head with identifying your heavy eating days. Weight loss is all about burning more than you eat. If you aren’t losing weight and there is no medical reason why you should be struggling then you are eating more or about equal to the calories you are burning.

Maybe you need to look a bit at your exercise – perhaps change things around a bit to burn a few more calories there. However I’d predict that you won’t make real progress until you address the heavy eating days and reduce your consumption on those. I’d guess if you’ve lost 5stone then you already knew that though! 🙂

Good luck!

Hi Tasha,
    I agree with Cath.
    Well done on the 5 stone loss. You will only lose weight if you consume less calories in what you eat and drink. Exercise burns considerably fewer calories than we imagine. I ran/walked 5 miles and burned 579 calories in just over an hour BUT I then ate a small child’s Easter egg, so was back at square 1!
    I suggest that you go to ‘resources’ and establish what your TDEE is today and then make sure that you eat up to that number, and no more on the other 5 days.I found it very helpful to write down everything that I ate and drank for a week and calculate the calories. I could then choose what food/drink I was going to have.
    Information is power. I suspect that you are consuming far more calories than you realize, it is very easy to do. As your weight decreases then you will need to adjust your calorie allowance. Some people eat to the TDEE of their desired weight and find that works for them too. Have a look at the FAQ’s about not losing weight here.
    I hope that helps.

Weekends are a well-known and documented problem, Tasha, so you need to use the equally well-documented and famous fast dieters flexibility! I’d introduce another semi-fast day on Friday (assuming Monday/Wednesday fasts), or even a full one just to get back on track.
    My engineering problem is that I have to do without food apart from one meal, only that way can I feel the fast and keep up. We all have our ways.

Thanks all, I totally get that and yes it’s obvious and need to stop kidding myself!! Just needed a kick up the bum!

The more weight you lose its hard as obviously you have to drop your eat day calories too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.