Help Needed Here!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Iwillbe12st 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hey all I need just a bit of help here. I had good luck doing ADF before the holidays but it was super hard. I was trying 5:2 with no success and then realized I was eating to many cals on some feast days.

So now I have calculated by BMR and TDEE calories and am aiming to eat my TDEE on feast days.

1. – should I make it a point to eat my TDEE or is it ok to go lower so long as I eat my BMR calories?

2. – What if I go over on a fast day, say 600 or 700 calories instead of 500? Should I do an extra fast day or just try to eat lower on a feast day?

Thanks all!

Hi and welcome:

You can eat lower than your TDEE – some think not below BMR but there is no reason I can think of not to go lower if you want.

Your diet days are key and you should stay within your allotment. If you don’t, try again next week.

Here are some tips that might help: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/warnings-to-newbies/

Good Luck!

Welcome… I have found (having lost 9 inches from my waist and prob around two and half stone.. since Aug) nutrition is really really important.. so make sure you eat a wide variety of and plenty of veg.. lots of different colours.. make sure you eat enough polyphenols..

My routine week is a fairly tough fast day on Monday when I will eat less than a quarter of my TDEE.. then the next day typically a large portion of salmon and a big green salad with other steamed veg..

I have also started to do a once a month 4 day fast.. along the lines of Dr Valta Longo’s model which relates to the other (not weight loss) benefits.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.