Help my IBS seems to have got worse!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Medical conditions and fasting
Help my IBS seems to have got worse!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  davidfitness46 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Hello Everyone!

I’ve been on the 5:2 diet for three weeks now and I’ve noticed that on the day after my fast day my IBS is markedly worse. It settles down on my non-fast days only to flare up again after my fast. I hope it will settle down but I’m beginning to worry. I’ve tried every diet known to mankind over the years and this one seems to suit me very well apart from the IBS issues, and I want to stick with it. So far however I have lost nothing and I’m hoping that will change. I have a massive 6 stone to loose so I’m in for the long haul. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Hi gussiegoose, and welcome! Congrats on starting this Way Of Eating/Life (WOE/L) 🙂

As a new starter, I strongly recommend that you have a good look around the forum – there is lots of useful info and ideas to be gained by doing so, for both fasting and other days.

You will also see that many new starters don’t lose weight for a while – you need to give it at least 6 weeks. Have you taken a range of measurements? You can lose inches not kgs sometimes. And if your scales can measure % fat and water as well as total weight then you can get a better feel for what is happening – you can gain weight but it can be water not fat, for example.

I can’t help re IBS, but if you type this into the Search box, it will take you to lots of discussions related to IBS.

Very best wishes as you continue this special journey.
    Sassy 🙂

Hi Sassy!

Thank you very much for your advice. I have dedicated myself to sticking with the diet as it suits me better than any of the many I have tried before. Hopefully perseverance will pay off!

Hi again gussiegoose, I am sure the perseverance will pay off. Do keep using this forum for ideas, advice and support.
    Good luck! 🙂

Hello gussiegoose, how did you progress? I seem to have the same experience as you, with my IBS improving on the fast days and flaring up on the days after.

any news?

This thread is from 2014

Have you tried consuming only low FODMAP foods whilst on the 5:2 diet? Give it a go, you have nothing to lose.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.