Help me understanding calories !!!!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sams 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• HI friends,

please tell me if a person is allow to eat 2000 calories on non fasting days what will be the difference if he is taking from vegetables fruits etc or like burgers,roasted chicken other oily things.

if he manages to take under 2000 calories will it be ok whichever food he is taking to cover those or to lose weight he needs to eat healthy food….
    i did’nt understand the calorie concept.

Hi love2lose,
    A calory is a unit of energy, so 10 calories of roasted chicken delivers the same amount of energy as 10 calories of broccoli or even 10 calories of sugar. Foods differ in the amount of calories they contain per gram. But of course, it’s not as simple as that. Foods also differ in the amount of fibers, and of course vitamins and other important nutrients. That’s why you’ll come across terms like “empty calories”. Foods that contain nothing but energy, like sugar. The more empty or “poor” calories you eat, the less calories you have left to make sure you give your body what it needs in terms of nutrients. So especially on fast days it’s important to use those 500 Cals wisely.
    And then there are the carbs to watch. The carbs in food with lots of fibers (like fullwheat bread) are processed slowly and keep you satisfied longer. The carbs in white bread or sugar or grapes are processed very quickly. They can give you an energy boost, but not long after that a down to the same extend (or worse). Fast carbs heighten you blood sugar level and a heightened blood sugar level makes it easier for the body to store leftover energy….. as body fat. You can find tables with “glycemic loads” of foods, telling you whether the carbs are “fast” or “slow”.
    So far my lecture 🙂 I hope it helps you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.