HELP ME! I am gaining weight

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
HELP ME! I am gaining weight

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  simcoeluv 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• So I started the 5:2 diet about 12 days ago…and last Friday when I weighed myself it said 162.4 or something like that. Then I woke up Saturday and I was 160.2…(Friday was my fast day). Then I fasted on Monday, and yesterday was my non fast day. I went a little overboard haahha and binged on pizza and breadsticks. Now I woke up today and weighed 165.5…Am I supposed to gain 5 lbs that easily? I am also doing 4:3…not 5:2.

Hi Lily and welcome:

Easily, yes.

The body can go up and down two or more pounds on any day, especially if you eat carbs, like bread or sugar, which require water to store in the body until used (a real non scientific short cut there).

So you are experiencing water weight fluctuations.

Just stick with your 500 on diet days and TDEE or under on non diet days and over time you will lose weight. On a daily basis, however, you might go up or down quite a bit.

Here are some tips: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/ – you might read number 7 as an example of what you just experienced.

Good Luck!

Thanks for answering!! And, yeah I do fluctuate very easily in my weight and always have…but if I keep gaining weight, should I go back on the Atkins?

Hi Lily:

If you follow 5:2, you will not keep gaining weight. If you have been following Atkins and have now started 5:2 (and obviously ended Atkins), your body will take on water weight for awhile – but it is water weight, not fat weight, and the water weight will go away when your body adjusts to your new diet.

Just stick with 5:2 for a couple of months and I’m sure you will do just fine. While erratic, your trend will be down, and the trend is the thing!

Good Luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.