Hello Southern Hemispherites!!

This topic contains 27,925 replies, has 832 voices, and was last updated by  Neilithicman 1 day ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 21,001 through 21,050 (of 28,029 total)

• https://imgur.com/a/GqyNkhA

This was my dinner AFTER I had already eaten a big soup bowl. The whole pot was 534 calories and there is no way I ate half of it even though I did count the calories for half. I also had 100 calories grated Parmesan cheese to put on top. I am sitting at just over 400 cals for the day.

I’ve been researching low carb eating lately but my issue with that way of eating is the amount of unhealthy foods that is suggested. Things like bacon in everything and one recipe showed a ‘lasagne’ made with deli chicken slices as the ‘pasta’ sheets. What???? (Yes, four exclamation marks, thin. Lolol) Don’t they realise how much salt is in that food apart from how processed it is. Also so many veggies are cut out and then the allowed veggies are very limited in the volume of them you can eat.

Quacka, I think the only healthy way to approach a lower carb program is to base it on an authentic mediterranean diet which promotes lots of fresh foods and seafood. It’s a way of eating that I always find easier in hotter weather as it lends itself well to grilled fish, chicken, eggplant, mushrooms, meat, haloumi etc and leafy salads. I find myself hankering for some starch when winter sets in.
    Your soup looks yummy – such a nice filling meal on a FD.

My FD has been ok. I spent all afternoon baking cake and biscuits to take to my aunt and uncle tomorrow. If it had been a NFD it would be challenging to to eat some, but on a FD I just know I can’t afford the calories.

So many posts! Trying to remember what folk have written.

Anzac65, so many folk have written advice, and I’m not going to add to it. I can understand the frustration and the feelings of depression, of wanting to lose enough weight to buy something really special, but the weight’s just not shifting. Please don’t give up on us, though. I remember the encouragement you gave me when I started this WOL last November, and how helpful that was, plus the joyous chuckles you’ve given us with your Maxx stories. We would miss you so much.
    Maybe if you want to go the WWs route, CalifDreamer’s idea of 2 FD’s combined with WWs would mean you’re still with us. I know work is just so busy, but…. you are more than the work you do; you’re important too.

LindsayL, I’ve been fortunate with the glaucoma in that it’s had little effect on my eyes up till now. My doctor is Dr Faye Walker, but the info re generics came not just from her; it was also mentioned recently in the Glaucoma newsletter. That’s why I asked her about the generic I was using when the problem was detected, and she confirmed what was written. I’m not sure where the info came from originally.

LJoyce, and thinatlast, for the first several YEARS of playing bridge, I hated playing No Trumps, and would always try to manouevre the bidding so my partner would be the one playing the contract. BUT, in the end, I found I really enjoyed the challenge of a NT contract. It just took me a long time to get there!

Penguin, I think one of the ideas behind having a wide range of vegetables is to keep your gut biome populated with a wide range of gut bacteria. I’m really impressed by your 30 different types per week. I don’t think I come anywhere near that.

Can’t remember what other people wrote, sorry. Oh, my mojo is back, and I’m actually now below where I was at the start of the month instead of being over. The weight loss won’t be much, but maybe 1 kg is possible(?). Better than nothing.

Just keep on keeping on everyone – “never give up, never give up”

Anzac, I wanted to add something to the discussion about 5:2 and making it easier for you to stick to this WOL. Thin mentioned the possibility of your OH’s role in sabotaging your efforts and I can’t help but agree. I know if my OH were to cook up large lovely meals while I was at work, I would be very hard pressed to stick to 5:2. You mentioned that he doesn’t cook low carb/fat meals unless you give him a recipe, buy the ingredients and help him; otherwise his go-to meals are lots of meat and starchy carbs. Well, why not? He sounds like an accomplished cook, so why can’t you give him some links or a recipe book for some lower carb, higher vegetable recipes that he could make for you? Is he unable to go to the grocery store to shop for healthy ingredients? Alternatively, how about him eating his high carb starchy meals for lunch when you are at work and you make your own 5:2 friendly meals for yourself and freeze some of them? Many of us here work (or worked) full time while on 5:2 and do all of the cooking for the family. If your hours or commute time is too long for that, perhaps scaling back or having him share the away from home work duties would be a good solution.

Losing weight isn’t just a matter of looking better, it’s a health issue. As you get older it’s even more of a health issue. In some cases it can be a matter of life or death. And as for his argument that more exercise would get rid of the excess weight, do you have the hours to engage in enough exercise to burn off the amount of calories you’re taking in with his high calorie meals and alcohol? Running at 8km per hour for an hour burns about 600 calories. How many hours do you have after work to spend running or doing another form of high intensity exercise?

I’m sorry for the rant. But I think eating healthy in a relationship is a team/family effort. And from what I am reading, you aren’t getting the support you need.

The problem with dipping into this site every couple of days and skimming all of the posts is that occasionally I miss something, or pick it up late. Anzac, you are not allowed to go – I need my Maxx updates. I will be babysitting one of the family dogs for a couple of days later this week but, good though he is, he isn’t a Lab.

A good day today. I spent the morning at the museum in an old airliner explaining the first commercial instrument landing system to a series of visitors. A 15 minute presentation given 12 times, by the end of which I was having trouble remembering what I had said to whom. Then home to prepare a barbecue for son and his family. The weather was not looking good so it turned into the sort of barbecue you can do indoors in the kitchen. Doing it indoors turned into the right decision when the heavens opened. At least I won’t have to water the veg patch. Day 1 of my new week’s fruit and veg score: Eleven so far. Barbies are good for that with lots of salads and sides of roasted peppers etc..

Penguin, I’ve been reading “The Diet Myth” this morning and off and on yesterday. (Lots of interruptions around here.) The book is extremely interesting. I’m skipping around a bit and have just read the chapter on Cocoa and caffeine. I need to eat more dark chocolate I think. Who knew all the benefits of cocoa? I knew it was beneficial, but didn’t realize it had such an impact on gut bugs, or why it did. Still reading…

And, in moderation, red wine and cheese.

Morning all, a bit of excitement at work today, a group of protesters tried to barricade us out of our building this morning. I just glared at them and pushed through and they let me through pretty quickly. I guess sometimes it does pay off being over 100kg 😀

Good morning friends

Thanks again for lifting me out of the doldrums. I dropped 900g overnight so I must have been bloated yesterday. I should have known I couldn’t possibly have put on all that weight on a weekend where I was being mindful but the shock sent me over the edge.

It was a good thing though because it gave me a jolt of reality and you wonderful people have reinforced it. Cali, that wasn’t a rant, it was a lovely piece of advice that came from the heart and Thin, I can’t believe people would fire back at you when you are only trying to help them. Penguin, I will continue with my Maxx stories as I love to tell them as much as you love to hear them. Thanks Betsy too for your encouragement and I’m glad Maxx provides giggles. He is an awesome dog just a bit over-friendly outside the house but we are getting there. My Dad came home from visiting friends in the country and came as usual for Monday night dinner. While hubby was cooking I showed him Maxx’s new heel work where he walks tucked up next to the left leg of whoever is training and when I say ‘heel heel’ and start to turn he turns beautifully with us. You should see his little face full of concentration and he checks-in constantly now which is a good thing. Then we showed Dad the new party trick of ‘paws on’ where you put a small item on the floor a few feet away from him, point to it and say ‘paws on!’ in a bright voice and he runs up to it and taps it with his paw. Awwww. He is still a nightmare at training at the beginning of every session as he just wants to play with the other dogs and jump up on every human. Sigh.

Today I start with no starchy carbs at all during the week. I had a good chat to hubby and he is going to do stir fries or meat + salad or I can have FD meals from the freezer with a bit of extra meat perhaps on NFD’s. I am going to get some mountain bread (thanks LJ) and have one piece per day on the weekend as my carb ‘treat’. I’m not giving up fruit yet but will see what the results are like with the above.

FD today and I’ve already had two black coffees and a big glass of water with Metamucil. Not hungry so that’s good

I’m on my work laptop so I can’t access Imgur so I will post some photo’s in a separate post from my phone. I can’t remember if I mentioned that we decided very early on that we wouldn’t let Maxx on the couch. Well that has gone out the window and we are actually loving having him cuddle up with us after dinner. It is a big three-seater leather couch and he is very good and knows he can’t get up unless the big towel is down. However, if the towel is there and we haven’t sat down het, he now likes to jump up into MY chair and seems to expect me to sit somewhere else! You should see the look of utter disdain when we move him into the middle when I’m ready to sit down.

Have a great day all

Here is HRH (his royal hairiness) on my side of the couch

http://imgur.com/gallery/NpBKypX

And here he is snuggled up
    http://imgur.com/gallery/xh2xKTE

Mum it’s getting cold
    http://imgur.com/gallery/itHEmk3

Yay!! I’m so happy you have managed to turn it around, Anzac, and have decided to keep going. There is nothing like the support and advice that we get on here and as others have said, we would miss you so much. So good on you! (love the Maxx photos by the way)

Intesha, still thinking of you x

Well done, Betsy, for getting your mojo back. Sometimes we just have to keep going through the tough patches and eventually our bodies catch up to where they should be.

LJ, I agree with you about the low carb. I am from a Mediterranean background so it is a natural way for me to eat. I am lucky that I love all the fresh foods like veggies, seafood and meat, and I love cheese especially.
    I divided the rest remaining soup from yesterday’s FD into two portions and I am going to have that for lunch. I think overall that the big soup made three (big) serves so I probably overestimated my calories for yesterday. A third of the soup is 178 calories but 23.4g of carbs.
    I also have a lot of snacks with me ‘just in case’. I have some turkey cold meat, a punnet of Qukes, 375ml almond & coconut milk and 25g raw almonds. It’s a NFD obviously.
    Tonight we are having spaghetti bologanise but I will be having zoodles and konjac noodles instead of pasta. I will be having parmesan cheese with it as well so I’m not going to have any with the soup for lunch. All up 48g carbs, 987 calories. That is a lot of food! I think that counts as low carb but not very low carb. I would be interested to get my body into ketosis so that I can see the effect but I’m not sure I can go that low carb…..
    Well, yesterday’s light FD paid off today on the scales. I was praying that I would get a good reading before I stepped on and then I almost cried when it showed 65.7kg. I had to get off and on again to make sure but yep, 65.7kg. Finally! I have been on this 66kg plateau for what seems like forever. I almost gave up believing that I could lose more weight and thought I would just be maintaining at 66kg while still doing 2 FDs per week. Just goes to show how strange our bodies can be.

I have to go do some work now. I hope you all have a lovely day. Just keep going x

By the way, I meant to say a big thanks to you LJ for your lovely post and so much great information about food, nutrition and WOE. I like the idea of having my salad first. I’ve reworked out my TDEE and it is 2085. I am keeping track of everything I eat and drink in a spreadsheet and recording the calories

Quacka, I had to google Qukes as I’d never heard of them. They look like baby cucumbers

Good morning,
    Anzac, I missed your post yesterday while writing my responses to everyone else. When I saw Thin’s response I went back and read it. Poor Anzac.
    (Thin I’d fly you over to co-run the support group if I could).
    I could see that I was completely the wrong person to give advice (I know nothing about Weight Watchers, I don’t do deadlines for weight loss, I don’t weigh or chart myself in any way, I don’t count calories or weigh or chart my food either, and I would have kept going with 5:2 for the heath benefits even if I didn’t lose weight on it). (Plus the issues of working full time, negotiating food with a hubby and not into veggies).
    Omg, I’m reverse-Anzac, what do you think would happen if we met?

Luckily a) everyone else had relatable advice and b) your scales pulled their socks up this morning. Hip pip hooray!

Intesha I am so glad Merry came and had some precious time with you. What is up with your friends? It is like they are from the 1950’s when people were scared to connect to anyone in grief. Ha, maybe they are. Unless you want to (understandably) write them off, might it be a good time to give them a nudge? Tell them you are feeling low and need to be taken out for a coffee.
    Here is you and me having a virtual coffee, yes a big pot is called for! https://previews.123rf.com/images/file404/file4041502/file404150200170/36068115-man-drinking-coffee-with-a-friend-illustration.jpg

Quacka, wonderful soup, love that tasty looking stock/broth/soup-juice.
    My youngest granddaughter has a very expressive face, and yesterday, when her mum told her they were coming to my place for lunch she said, with her brows showing, that she hoped I wasn’t going to make soup for her! Haha.

Penguin, great plant food count. Do grains get counted?

Haha Neil, but I have a feeling you will still look impressive at goal weight!

Sorry to skip everyone else, my sister arrives soon and much to do! Ooh and we are going to see ‘Top End Wedding’ this afternoon.

I’ve been lax with accountability here, and need to start again, even though I have been managing quite well. It wears off!
    My daughter gave me some pulled pork so I made my tortilla dough and rolled out a big one, spread half with pulled pork, ajvar, chopped parsley and some cheese, folded it over and grilled it on each side. Oh so delicious. And simply because I want to do that again tomorrow morning, I am shifting my fast day to Thursday again. Sorry Thin, priorities, you understand 😉

Lunch will be a vegetable pie and in the evening my sisters and I will go to Noodle Kingdom. Hmm, I will be lucky to get 5 vegetables in today. Tomorrow I had better have ten.

PS I just had a pot of coffee. Bliss.

Hugs to you, Anzac. I’m glad you are sticking with 5:2 and with us. Those pics of Maxx are so cute. It sounds like his training is coming along very well. And he’s learned all that in a short amount of time so it will get better still. He’s beginning to understand what is expected of him and what pleases you. Some of the puppy craziness will calm down as he gets a little older. I’m happy to see he’s allowed on the couch. He obviously loves to be close to you.

I sometimes drop or gain 900 grams or even a kg overnight. It probably has to do with salt or our bodies just holding onto or getting rid of water. I try not to get too upset with my scales and just look at trends over several days rather than overnight. I’ve had some rough patches with overeating lately myself so I know how frustrating it can be. I’m finding beans and legumes to be a big help because all the fiber keeps me feeling full for a long time. (We won’t mention all the gas!)

Good morning all. What a lovely place this is and I’m greatly relieved that Anzac is still here (and still talking to me). Maxx looks very comfortable.

Firstly, Merry you are so kind and thoughtful to do that for Intesha, especially with so much going on in your own life.

Penguin, I loved your museum story.

Neil, how amusing!

Betsy, good that you’re feeling better. Interesting about NT. In the big kids’ group, I’ve sometimes manipulated the bidding so I wouldn’t have to play it! I understand how depressing that weight cycle can be. You’re a lot lower in weight than I’d imagined from your earlier posts though.

CalifD, good to know about the chocolate!

Quacka, that sounds a really great trip especially as you are planning activities that include your love of the water. It’s especially good that you don’t seem at all anxious about the flights so well done overcoming your fear! Just read your post about hitting 65kg, yay! Good job. I love that soup. The fact that you mention counting up all the calories leads me to more to say to Anzac.

Anzac, make yourself a coffee, I’m back again with more unsolicited advice! You mentioned hubby’s stir-fry dishes. As soon as I hear the word ‘fry’, I find it hard to reconcile with being FD fare. It is possible, of course, if everything is measured. Does he weigh all the ingredients and work out the calories? If he does, do you then apportion all the servings before commencing eating or do you just estimate that you’ve taken one fourth, if it serves four, for example? I think the latter approach is fine for NFDs but the FD fare can’t be estimated – and definitely not by someone else!

So I agree with others’ advice that it needs to be planned and prepared under your direction, perhaps prepared at weekends together at first or at least point OH in a new recipes direction such as the Med. style that LJ has suggested, if he can be trusted with weighing and measuring absolutely everything.

From what you’ve written, my take is this. You obviously have a fabulous, close and loving relationship and, in his mind, he’s doing something kind for you. You’re the bread winner and he wants to do his part. You come home tired and grateful and don’t want to hurt his feelings. But, being a skinny person, he doesn’t understand the effect that food/exercise have on you. I think you need to take total control of your FD fare. On top of all your other duties, aaah!

Much of yesterday I wanted to add something else. I was thinking of all the times you’ve made me laugh out loud with your posts. As you wrote most of them before work, I doubt you were drinking at the time. So, what I’m getting at is, that you’re a very funny, engaging person with a great sense of humour. As you’ve read, you’re well-loved here and no-one wants you to go. My walking buddy has often said to me over the years, “I don’t need alcohol to have fun”. You also “don’t need alcohol to have fun” or to make others laugh. You might argue that you enjoy the taste of it, it relaxes you, etc but there are many alternatives that fit the bill. Like a cup of tea, ha ha. So, just two weeks without it?

Now, on to mindless stuff about me. Yesterday, my temporary partner and I scored 72.9% at bridge, Betsy & LJ! That’s my highest ever although I attribute it mostly to her. Also, you’ll be interested to know that, because I hadn’t planned it properly and went grabbing things at Coles last minute, I had a turkish roll with a home made burger for dinner. (Take my advice, I’m not using it). I cannot believe that I didn’t at least cut it in half. I knew I was full, but kept going anyway. Immediately afterwards, I hated myself, felt bloated, guilty and disgusting. But, presumably because it’s a one-off, I got away with it on the scales today.

Have a lovely days losers!

P.S. Cinque, loved your post, read it twice – even if you are abandoning me again tomorrow.

Ha Thin, no definitely no drinking at 7.00am!! I meant to include in my update that we have knocked the wine on the head pretty much completely (just a glass with dinner on Friday and Saturday nights). I don’t drink tea (it makes me gag) but my dinner drink during the week is diet tonic water with fresh lime and before/after dinner is water (again with fresh lime).

The stir fry is precise – example – 1 cup mushrooms (15 calories), ¾ cup zucchini (22), 1 cup capsicum (24), ½ cup onion (34) 2 tsp olive oil (80), 2 Tbsp soy (16), 100g chicken breast (110) = 301 calories. Almost zero calories aromatics such as a tsp garlic, ginger plus salt and pepper. If it’s a bit dry he adds water. On NFD’s he is going to add extra chicken and maybe some hoi sin and/or chilli sauce to give it a bit more oomph

Thanks again Thin and congrats on the Bridge score

Hi Cali, yep Maxx loves nothing more than being with us. We really need to bite the bullet and start getting him used to being outside on his own when we go out. We so rarely go out that we haven’t done this very often. He has been fine the few times we have left him but we have a family day coming up in early July for my great-niece’s first birthday where it will be at a restaurant in the Blue Mountains and he won’t be able to come with us. We will be gone for several hours. Thank you for the cyber hugs 

Cinque, lovely post and I’m sure we couldn’t possibly be the opposite in everything. I know for a fact that we both love coffee so there you go

Good afternoon all.

I’m just home from a busy day in the hills. It was a bit hair-raising getting there this morning as I took the road that goes around the side of the mountain from the foothills and it has a very steep drop of the side on the way up. Normally I’m fine with it but there was thick fog this morning so I drove really slowly and annoyed the other drivers.
    It was nice to have a day in the hills even if it was bitterly cold – should have worn my thermals! I got to visit family and go to my favourite cafes in between appointments. I now feel so tired I can’t stop yawning and it not even 5pm!

My shameless theft of Cinque’s NFD accountability has worked wonders. I not only got into my tight jeans this morning they were comfortable enough to wear all day.

Today has involved food at cafes at odd times as I had a busy day in the hills.
    NFD Fess Up:
    Breakfast: one quick cup of tea
    Early lunch: grilled haloumi on sourdough with tomato, cucumber, capsicum and parsley salad.
    Early Afternoon: 2 slices of sprouted grain raisin toast, buttered and one cup of tea. (I really should have found a green grocer and bought some fruit but I was cold and hungry and I wanted to stay in a warm cafe for a while. I consoled myself with the idea that I don’t get to my favourite hills cafe very often – a big fat rationalisation to eat more starchy carbs if ever I heard one!)
    Late Afternoon: a small banana and a cup of tea
    Dinner: the plan is 2 salmon veggie patties with garlic yoghurt sauce. Grilled king oyster mushrooms, mixed veg mash and steamed cauliflower.
    Supper: NAS cocoa with skim milk

My laptop and this site are conspiring against me today. In the last ten minutes I have lost two posts and the site seems convinced that I need to revisit page 1 of our 421. I’ll try again later, assuming this one gets posted!

Try again.

Without re-reading all of the posts I can’t remember who said it, but yes a very varied intake of unprocessed fruit and veg is good for the gut biome and therefore our general health and feeling of wellbeing.

Cinque, I don’t know about grain, I’ll have to re-read the book. I eat them but haven’t been counting them, but I do count root veg.

Neil. I didn’t realise how intimidating some people found my 6’5″ and 100 kg until we started to produce people bigger than me. Quite illogically I find I have to adjust to their presence.

Anzac, they can be weird. When I had two Labs, if the young lad was asleep the old girl would hide his favourite toy, then give me the doggy equivalent of a grin. I would claim to have trained her as a retriever, but the truth is that she came from a line of working dogs and the instinct for it was strong. She was two different dogs. With her collar on she was a domestic pet: gentle, playful and a total piglet. With it off she was a working girl: very focussed, determined and not to be distracted by the offer of one of my sandwiches. I have usually had dogs, just the one bitch, and the relationships were different. Dogs were mates and working partners. The hard one ( a rescue Dobie cross with a bad reputation when we got him) would challenge me for pack leadership about every six months, but loved OH and was her protector. When he wasn’t trying for promotion the morning routine was that I would sit on the floor and he would tuck his head under my arm for a cuddle. The relationship with the bitch was certainly a male/female thing. She would flirt with me (only word for it) and on a working day I had to be teased with the first retrieve – you can have it, no you can’t, yes you can, several times. After that she was perfect. One of the family dogs is coming to stay on Thursday. A small curly haired rescue Cockerpoo but a good lad. Very intelligent, it took us one walk through the field for him to learn that sheep are not for chasing. They now know him and ignore him, but he does find it a little confusing when the lambs don’t recognise him as a threat and want to play.

Yay, goal 2 hit on this morning’s weigh in. I dropped 800 grams to sit at 104.5 kilos. That’s a total of 27 kilos lost to date, which equates to exactly 20% of my original body weight. Now I set my sights on goal number 3, 30 kilos lost. That’s just 3 kilos away now. At the rate I’ve been losing recently I should be there by the end of June.

Neil, That is more than a Yay. That is really impressive.

Good morning

Just before my morning post I want to see if this video works. It is hilarious. I was very late home again and Maxx was giving hubby a lot of grief – presumably asking where I was. Admittedly hubby was riling him up but it’s still funny. Let me know if it works and it might only work on your phone

http://imgur.com/gallery/WFzFnPZ

That really is a yah and more Neil – well done! (what was the protest about?)

Penguin I really enjoyed your posts ….hope you drop in more often. Your family BBQ sounded delightful, particularly after a morning of presentations. How on earth did you keep track?

re intimidation…..My son is a 6 footer, and in his late teens, shaved his head for a cause. It was surprising to see people move away from him in queues…he’s such a gentle man but I guess he did look pretty intimidating. He still has a shaved his head, but with two little ones climbing over him, doesn’t seem to intimidate at all.

Down another 300 grams this morning after a good FD yesterday. I’m working today, so will do another.

Anzac good to know you’ve dropped almost a kilo and are back on track. This WOL works – maybe not at the speed or predictability we expect, but it works. re WW …. I have books dating back to my 20s. When I went the first time I barely even made the 10lbs overweight I needed to be able to join. …I had to put on my jacket, to make the limit. And look where I am now. Certainly not at my WW goal weight. I found it worked – short-term. I just don’t think WW is a plan for life, like 5:2 is. And it doesn’t have a group like this one. Anyway, happy to have your happy, funny presence with us still. And adored the pics of Maxx.

Calif we got the bees before we went away, but they needed a month to settle in (they’d been taken from inside a building wall in a town about 40 kilometres away, after they had swarmed…that is, left their original hive when it got overcrowded). The beekeeper came last weekend to check them, and make sure I knew what I had to do. Next step? Register as a biosecurity site. Truly!

Thin laughed at the little girl and her ‘mermaid’ comment. They are adorable. My 3 year old had to dress as a farmer at kindy yesterday. Overalls, straw hat, boots and a bucket. Then lay on the floor and sobbed and sobbed because her mother wouldn’t fill the bucket with milk. DD compromised by filling Miss 3’s sippy cup with milk, and popping it in the bucket. But it was touch and go. We have the girls all weekend, for the first time, while the parents are in Melbourne for a wedding. I don’t think I’ll be able to give them my soup either Cinque.

More posts I’ve missed, but if I go back, I’ll lose my post so I’ll check in later.

Have a good Wednesday all.

Good morning,
    Just a short note as my sisters are here.

1. Laughing at myself saying for saying I don’t chart my food in any way, and then finishing up my post charting my food for the day. No wonder Thin had to read it twice. How do any of you put up with me?

2. A great conversation with my sisters about the 30 different types of plant food. One sister is adamant that all plant foods should be included. Not only grains but vegetable oils. She even thought salt and pepper but I ruled out salt because it is a mineral 😉

We did get to see Top End Wedding and it was such a delight. Funny and sweet and so beautiful to see the scenery and hear the singing.

We missed the first session (roadworks holding up my sisters tram), drove to Carlton for a later session and so gave up the idea of Noodle Kingdom and had a Syrian platter x 2 to share. Everything was so fresh and delicious. Freshly made felafel, tabbouleh, pickles and tomato, hummus and pita bread. So we counted up the different plant foods and included lemon juice! And got 16. Another completely different meal and we might have our weeks worth! 😉

I’ll write more later. Best wishes all.

Thanks for the encouragement over my weight loss.

They were climate change protestors at a minerals forum that was being held in the town hall. It’s funny because their cause is actually one that I support, but I don’t support being manhandled when I had nothing to do with the forum and was just trying to get into work. The protestors tried to claim that the police were “brutal” when they removed them, and that they were non violently protesting, but plenty of my workmates as well as some delegates at the forum can attest that they were very much the aggressors.

https://www.odt.co.nz/news/dunedin/injured-protester-slams-brutal-police-3-arrested

Good morning from a very, very cold Sydney. Brrrrr. It sounds like the entire country has been hit with a cold snap

I can’t get the sound to work on the video I just posted and despite much googling still can’t fix it. But I’m sure Maxx’s actions speak louder than words. The most hilarious bit will be missed though. When he jumps back down in the middle of the video, it was in response to hubby saying ‘you’re not supposed to be up on the kitchen bench’ and Maxx made a sound EXACTLY like a small child having a whine and a pout as he jumped down onto four paws.

LJ, that drive sounded hairier than hairy. I don’t enjoy driving any more and wouldn’t have enjoyed that winding trip in the fog. Too bad about the other drivers; let them attempt hari kari. It sounds like you had a lovely day 

Neil, I seem to be saying ‘congrats’ very often and that is a very good thing. So here we go again…..CONGRATS! My hubby is 6 foot and very broad and close to 100 kilos (mostly muscle) and he too can be very intimidating.

What a lovely story about your dogs’ Penguin. I’ve read it three times and just love it. Aren’t they so special and funny? How adorable that the older girl loved to hide a favourite toy of the pup and then giving you the ‘grin’. I love opening the front door and hearing Maxx upstairs run to hubby to move the chair blocking the stairs so he can tumble down them in utter joy that I’m home from work. Last night we went upstairs and I started helping with dinner and Maxx kept bringing toys/balls into the kitchen and dropping them until I finally caved and left the dinner to hubby and had a good play session with him. How can you resist those eyes?

That was really interesting about WW Lindsay. I agree that it isn’t for the long term because I always put the weight back on except the last time. And the only reason I didn’t last time was because I went straight from finishing WW to starting 5:2. There you go! Good luck with the littlies on the weekend; I’m sure you will have some challenges but also lots of fun. I remember the first time my parents looked after my Sister’s three and one morning the parents telephoned to see how things were going and the eldest (about 5 at the time) said ‘we had chocolate for breakfast!’. Oops – busted!

What an awesome day you had too Cinque! Lovely to read about it

I had a good FD yesterday except we once again had all-day workshops with chips, lollies, biscuits etc all over the table. I did cave and had about 6 rice crackers and a handful of mixed nuts at about 5.00pm as I was honestly starving. We are supposed to have 30 minutes for lunch and yesterday the morning session ran 20 minutes over so we had 10 whole minutes. I quickly assembled my salad and took it to the next session thinking that everyone would do the same. Instead I sat there with 20 pairs of hungry eyes eyeing off my lunch as no-one else had brought theirs and they didn’t have time to go and buy something. So many people in this project buy their breakfast, lunch and 2-3 coffees every day. I can’t fathom how much that adds up to over a year. And you can’t possibly know exactly what is in the food and the portions will most likely be bigger than if you make it yourself. Oh well, each to their own.

I forgot to weigh this morning so I will leave it until official weigh-in on Friday to report progress

Have an great day all

Anzac, that sounds great that you’ve got the wine under control for weekends only and the stir-fry all measured and calculated. Do those of you that allow Anzac’s 80cals for oil find it’s satiating on a FD? I’m just looking at my ‘oil slick’ of a FD coffee and wishing I didn’t need to blow calories on A&C milk. Too bad about all the junk supplied at the all day workshop. Hopefully you can come to ignore it with increasing levels of smugness! Good job with the salad – even on a NFD, that would have been a preferable strategy. As you say, the cost of constantly eating and drinking out is prohibitive, let alone the lack of healthy choice. You’re on your way, my friend!

Neil, great job on the weight loss to date. It doesn’t sound as though those protestors got much sympathy if the comments below are anything to go by. Supergluing ones hands to anything doesn’t show a very high level of intelligence.

Cinque, thanks for reminding us that we can continue 5:2 just for the health benefits and that weight loss is only a side effect. And what a wonderful side effect! An elderly neighbour passed me in the street yesterday, saying she’d barely recognised me as we approached. I’ve known her for 25 years but we don’t see each other often so, although she’s seen me at this weight, she probably hasn’t got used to it being a permanent thing. Out of the blue she declared, “Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels” and that being slim “is very empowering”. Keep that in mind, Anzac.

LJ, it’s very frightening driving in fog. Not recommended at all. I remember being a passenger in a VW bug in England about 40 years ago coming home from a party when dense fog descended. The driver was relying on my ability to see the curb while leaning out of the window, a strategy that seemed to be working quite well in the small hours with no other traffic. We hadn’t gone far when, suddenly, there were headlights right in front of us. We all stopped and got out and the other driver explained that we were going the wrong way around a roundabout. We headed straight back to the party and crashed there instead (excuse the pun). You’ll be pleased to learn that I’m a lot wiser now. I’d rather pull over and freeze to death.

Penguin, nice to get your regular posts again.

Lindsay, have you seen British comedian James Acaster on Netflix? I think it’s ep. 3 of 4 where he talks of his honey business. I thought of you. He just has one bee.

So, am I all alone today for fasting? Other than Rosy Posy, of course, who’s on day 3 of hers!

Good Morning everyone

So lovely to read your posts this morning.

Neil, you are doing an awesome job with your weight loss. Congratulations 🙂

Anzac, good to see you too have your mojo back. Cute Maxx video, wish we could hear it but I laughed at your description.

Penguin, love your dog stories too. I forgot to say that I laughed out loud about the one that had the long ears and he would step on them. That is such a funny image in my head.

Today is my Wednesday FD and I am going to the dentist at lunchtime for a check up. I’m already nervous but I have to do this. I have had a cup of tea this morning and then will only have water until after the dentist.
    Yesterday was a 912 calorie day and 39g carbs. My friend at work is going through a really hard time with her marriage breakdown and their family house is just about to be listed for sale. She is so stressed, poor thing. I was eating some of my veggie soup yesterday and she said “that’s just what I need, a nice home made veggie soup”. Of course I shared my soup with her and she ate it with a buttered bread roll and she really loved it. So, I’m telling you this because my calories were reduced a little as I only ate half the soup, half the Qukes and none of the almond milk I brought to have a hot drink with.
    Anzac, Qukes are just baby cucumbers. They are really crunchy and good for me to have as a snack on a FD as I eat them with salt which I find I sometimes lack on FDs. I rarely buy them as they are so over priced and I could probably buy a kg of cucumbers for the same dollars.

This morning I’m down another 100g. I don’t want to jinx it but I hope I just keep on the downwards slope. I’m happy if its slow as long is it is downwards.

OK, I know we haven’t had any real winter yet but these last three days have had me complaining already. Cold and windy and have I mentioned how much I dislike winter??
    Oops, two question marks…….better run.

good luck with your FD today, thin. Anyone else with us today?

Catch you later

Noooooo thin, I’m with you today 🙂

Broken the plateau – was 65.5 kgs for 6 days – this morning 64.9kgs. Woohoo! And a new number. Loved seeing that 4.

Nearly at the hospital for Oncologist appt and one of last few radiation appts for Mr M, so see you later.

Merry and Mr M

Quacka, good to know that you’re over there fasting away with me! I agree, a downward trend is all you need. I missed Anzac’s video that you refer to so I’ll scroll back now.

Merry, posts crossed. Good job! Not that there was any doubt. I hope it’s happy news at the oncologist.

Great news you have broken your plateau, Merry. I’m looking forward to seeing the 64s too. All the best for Mr Merry

Merry, I really hope your OH had good news today.

I’ve had a mental battle with myself about food all afternoon. I think it’s because I knew my weight was in my lower target range again so on some level I see it an excuse to make idiotic food choices. I’ve spent the last 3 hours wanting on an unhealthy dinner (sausages, eggs and toast) then talking myself out of it when I realised I didn’t want to have to try and justify that choice here. Public accountability wins again, what a wonderful tool.

NFD Fess Up:
    Breakfast: pot of tea
    Lunch: small serve of chilli con carne + 1/2 extra beans with a sprinkle of parmesan, grilled king oyster mushroom and rye sourdough toast
    Early Afternoon: stewed apples, rhubarb and sultanas (with about 1/2tsp added sugar per serve) and greek yoghurt
    Late Afternoon: pot of tea, banana and 3 tsp peanut butter
    Dinner: baked filo parcel of chicken, bacon, mushrooms and leek. Served with peas and mixed veg mash.
    Supper: decaf lamington tea with almond-coconut milk

In UK this Monday was a Public Holiday, which is why we had a family barbecue and why my usual Mon/Tuesday FDs are running a day late. To my surprise I didn’t gain any weight after a barbie that had me drinking beer and red wine and ending the meal with lemon tart and the sort of chocolate sillies that OH produces whenever the grandkids are here. She knows they are unhealthy, would not normally have them herself (also a 5:2er) and would not have given them to their father. Producing them for the kids is obviously a grandma thing. Yesterday was a fairly half hearted FD but I still managed to drop a pound. Today is being more serious. Fruit and veg score for the first two and a half days is 20. Having been back to the book (but not read it cover to cover) I think I can count cereal, but should try for 30 without them.

It is school half term hols, which gives the two oldest grandkids a chance to relax slightly from the series of crucial exams they are going through. One lot are involved in Scouting activities before the Jamborees in the US and Poland and the other two are going North to visit other grandparents, so their dog is coming to us. The greetings I face on my morning walk will change from the usual, “Where are you dogs?”, to which the answer “dead three years ago” is a conversation stopper, to “Got a new one, not your usual style.”. Which is true, he is small and very curly. He has also made regular appearances in this village for three years, which suggests that the people I meet when dawn’s left hand is in the sky are still half asleep.

It is raining here today, which has me indoors catching up with the admin before I permit myself an hour or two painting. I am currently working my way through all the types of media that I can find, with varying success. I am having fun with water colour pencils at the moment. On a small scale they are much more convenient than acrylics or oil. After that I’ll cut some asparagus for this evening. I think I’ll make that the last this year – they started early and I have cut a lot, so they need a chance to recover for next year.

Fingers crossed Merry.

Good evening everyone (or should I write “good morning” as it’s after midnight here?). Have loved reading the posts.

Anzac65, enjoyed the video of Maxx, and glad you explained in a later post that there was a problem with the sound, because I thought I must be doing something wrong. By the way, excellent news that the scales have FINALLY shifted downwards. Looks like there are lots of positive changes happening in the OH cooking sphere, too, which will help.

Neilithicman, great weight loss and that you are now so close to your target weight. You have done so well!
    I’d feel a bit green with envy, except that even if I have only lost 13 kg over 6 months, it’s still 13 kgs I can happily do without, and it’s not just the 4+ inches off the hips, I’ve also lost 3+ inches off both bust and waist.

Of course, I still look at myself in the mirror and think how much fat I still have to lose – still 2.1 kg to officially just be “overweight” instead of obese (neilithicman, it’s not fair being so short; you 6 ft plus guys have it much easier 🙂 ). I started at 86.4 kg, am currently around 73.2 kg, and to be in the middle of my BMI 20-25 range need to be 53 kg (i.e., halfway between 47-59), so I still have more than 20 kg to lose. Someone, thin?, commented that I wasn’t as big as my earlier posts sounded – well, maybe not, except that I’m so short. From my start weight to final destination the aim is to lose 33.4 kg, nearly 39% of my starting body weight, which is really a lot, so that’s why I write about how much I have to lose. I’m well on the way (nearly 40% lost), but this is a long haul effort.

Thinatlast, congrats on the excellent bridge result, well done!

Merryme, hope your OH has been coping well with his final stages of treatment.

To Quacka and all Melbournites – brr! It has been so cold here, and with the wind chill factor, equivalent to around 4 degrees most of today. Well we had a seasonally warm early May, so I guess this is just balancing out. Good for the snow fields. My FD became a NFD today, but I’ll be able to mainly stay home snug and warm tomorrow and will indulge in lots of hot, low calorie drinks.

Goodnight from one night owls to others 🙂

night owl, I meant, not night owls, but I daren’t try to edit 🙂

Don’t feel down about 13kg Betsy, proportionately it’s probably pretty close to what I’ve lost because I started at over 130 kilograms. Just think that you’re now carrying the equivalent of 26 blocks of butter less than when you started. Next time you’re in the supermarket, go and put 26 blocks of butter in your shopping trolley and marvel at how awesome you are 😉

Thin , I actually did day 1 with you yesterday.
    Sometimes life gets in the way and I don’t manage 5 btb fast days although I did last week. I always manage fasting while during work hours for Five days, the first 2 days of this week involved snacks at night. So I am on 2nd btb fast day today. I don’t mind if my weight loss slows right down as I don’t have much more to lose. Will keep this fasting routine as I like it. Won’t go below 60 kg as that is around 20bmi. Won’t go above 65 kg either.

Morning, Neil im impressed with your weight loss the teachers strike was yesterday wonder if they achieved anything …

If i said im losing my turkey neck, would you think i was really crazy, i dont normally look in the mirror, but i caught myself this morning lol my face is changing and my double chins are disappearing no one is noticing, this not weighing yourself does have down sides…

The vegetable soup was great made 24 serves came out to 243 cals per serve and thats me being generous so they are in the freezer now.. the fast days where im having nothing till dinner seem the norm now, but im pretty sure im overeating on the days between but as ive still got alot to lose im not too worried… im finding it hard to set goals like you all have, any suggestions would be helpful, having wheels does seem to stymie me on occasion

Having this forum is great your posts are great to read, i printed out anzacs stir fry im yet to give it a go, i have found capsicums dont like me, same as cucumbers so have to leave them out…

Fasting day today, not sure what i will be eating, will admit im not hungry so lots of water…

Thanks for being here, have a great day

8am. At Adelaide airport waiting for my flight back home after 2 days in Adelaide for work. 2 weeks since I last posted and with too many posts to catch up on I’m out of the loop with conversations.

Haven’t been feeling the best. Recovered ok from my head cold but have been suffering from acid reflux, bloating and water retention ever since. Have been eating well so can only put it down to the damn menopause as I’ve had hot flushes (only mild) as well.

Scales haven’t been kind either but given the above I’m not surprised. In fact I’m feeling so frustrated with my weight loss journey (umm that should read non weight loss journey) that some days lately I feel like giving up. Sorry for the grumble but I’m so frustrated that I lost 15 kg when I started this about 3 years ago and now with menopause I’ve put it back on and can’t get rid of it no matter what I do.

Good morning fellow losers

I will be very glad to see the back of this week. It is the second week of all-day workshops with food everywhere and I’m mostly finding what they talk about complete gobblygook as I’m not up on the terms and acronyms. I can’t keep interrupting with questions as they are struggling to get through the massive amount of testing as it is. GAH! I’m also missing my WFH day(s) badly. Maxx called a family meeting to discuss why Mum is coming home so late and is so tired she can barely play with him.

Crazy, you can substitute lots of other veges in the stir-fry. I’m fussy when it comes to veges and don’t like many hot ones. I love salad but as Quacka and others pointed out salad veges don’t fill you up as much. Good luck with your goals, my only advice is to make them small and manageable so you can achieve them quickly and move onwards and downwards with more motivation

Betsy, I too despair sometimes when I think about how much I have to lose and now, how little time to do it before the big holiday. We will get there

So day three of no starchy carbs and I’m finding it a bit challenging but not too bad. It helps to be so busy but does not help to have junk food all around me. I discretely move it away as much as possible but honestly I’m not that tempted….just the odd moment of madness when I want to gobble it all then I tell myself how many calories or how much it will set me back and I ignore it. A bit like your reluctance to fess up LJ – I don’t want to have a non-result to report at tomorrow’s weigh-in.

Thin, I thought about your comment about the 2 tsp of olive oil being non-satiating but we have tried olive oil spray and it was just too dry. I think it helps make it more palatable so I’m happy to ‘spend’ the 80 cals.

What a lovely post Penguin and I am so envious of where you live (except for the cold). I am so over city living and would love to retire to a rural area where village life is so friendly and community minded. That’s why I love our little weekends away down the South Coast where people actually look you in the eye and say hello everywhere. Here, the mind-set is ‘don’t make eye contact under any circumstances’ and people are pushy and rude and any semblance of gentlemanly behaviour is long gone. My father, and others of his generation, would be genuinely shocked to see how many times men shoulder their way to the front of the queue to get on the train etc. Sad really.

Thin, you called me young the other day and I meant to say thankyou! At 53 and a half I certainly don’t feel young physically, but my brain sure still is. We are all young at heart right?

Ok time for work, have a great day everyone. Oh, and its a FD for me

Hey Gday, our posts crossed. So sorry you are feeling awful but please don’t give up. I nearly did earlier this week and I am so glad I didn’t. I am also going through menopause and it’s the pits and I have read that it is MUCH harder for us to lose weight. Hang in there friend…

Quacka, I hope it was a successful FD for you, as it was for me. I’m at an odd weight 58.8kg. Very happy with it though. My leftover bacon and chicken casserole was delicious, hard to believe it’s a FD meal. The OFMs wanted tacos, happy to oblige, mine was heaps better.

Betsy, that’s a lot of weight gone. Yes, it was me thinking you were much heavier from your earlier moaning! Keep it up, you must have gone through some clothes sizes, you’ll get there. I think I heard that yesterday was Melbourne’s coldest ever May day. Did I get that right? We have a 26C start to winter forecast for Saturday in Perth.

LJ, so funny having those internal battles but feeling that accountability here was the most important part. Three cheers for the forum!

Cinque, I expect you are still busy having fun with your sister.

GDSA, sorry to hear you re-gained all that weight back. I’m sure you’ll work it out though.

Anzac, misunderstanding – I didn’t mean to imply that the oil in a stir-fry wasn’t satiating. Just asking the question. I’m sorry that you have to endure such rude commuters every day. Is it city life? Or just a different era that we yearn for? I don’t know what’s happened to basic manners such as throwing up your hand when someone invites you to proceed in front of them. How hard can that be? Or not pushing your way inside a door when someone is exiting. Thankfully, I can still elicit a smile and a ‘good morning’ from most people when I’m on my daily walks. I think generally, people have become self-absorbed and pre-occupied with self-importance. There’s less emphasis on pulling together for the common good such as our parents experienced during ‘the war’. More emphasis on everyone’s a winner – it starts in primary school. And yes, you are young!

Penguin’s country life does sound idyllic. You have painted a marvellous picture for us, Penguin. In whatever medium you choose.

Rosy, it sounds like you’re operating at maintenance!

Crazy, nice to have only one chin.

Must get on with a very busy day. Have a great one all, especially CalifD, Cinque, Anzac and the other Thursday fasters.

Good morning from Brrr Melbourne, you are so right Betsy! Didn’t Klondi pick the right day to head North!
    Big arguments on the radio yesterday on whether the suburbs were coated with snow, or tiny hail. Bureau of Meteorology said tiny hail.

I’m fasting! (Hungry already! Counting down the hours to tomorrow’s breakfast 😉 ) But my miso soup things are soaking, and I have a container of veggie soup thawing in case I need a small bowl in the meantime.

I’ll skip through the posts to avoid spending three hours writing answers. Which would be lovely but so much to do!

Gday, so sorry to hear what a difficult time you are having. It seems mad when you have worked so hard to make your diet healthy and getting your exercise up too. Colds equal inflammation so maybe things will settle down. Fingers crossed. Keep researching, there is good information on ways to manage GERD with diet. Hope it works.

LJoyce, I remember you saying that you stick other vegetables in your mashed potatoes, and I think it is such a good idea. Not only to add all those extra veggies, but because plain mashed potatoes need SO MUCH BUTTER for my taste. I can get away with a little butter or oil when it is mixed with other starchy veggies.

Anzac, all power to you sticking to your no carb days and avoiding the junk food. It is going to be good practice for working at that junkfood-friendly place. I do so hope you can swing a few Work From Home days soon.

Neil, big congratulations on weighing 20% less than you used to weigh! You deserve a colourful firework! https://giphy.com/gifs/peAFQfg7Ol6IE

Lindsay down 300grams! Merry, plateau left behind! Crazy losing a chin! Quacka, slow and steady wins the race! Thin, a lovely response from your acquaintance.

Betsy, my taller friend was dismissive of my weight loss until I could point out that we had both lost over a third of our weight. I can really relate to your numbers. Onward and downward.

Crazy, if you are like me, you will have to lose quite a lot of weight and then all of a sudden everyone everyone will start commenting. It is bizarre.

Maybe my favourite thing about 5:2 is that if we can do those two fast days, we have the time to gradually work on better choices on the NFDs. Each fast day is a rest and reset while we decide which thing to introduce to our other-days diet. More water, less snacks, no snacks, fewer feasts, eating curfews, more veggies, less meals, smaller portions… whatever. Four years down and I am still tweaking and a little bit smug (touch wood and whistle) that the good practices are becoming easier and ‘normal’ and the binge days are becoming rarer. My treats are healthier and and it is easier to look after myself in a healthy way. Time and not giving up is the trick, and I have 5:2 to thank for it.

Penguin, those water colour pencils sound great. Respect to your asparagus. I love seasonal veg. Don’t forget to count olive oil in your plant food tally 😉

Must go! Cheers to everyone.

Cinque, there you are! Congratulations on four years of 5:2! Here’s to smugness and continued improvement.

Good Morning everyone

Firstly, Betsy, 13kg is awesome. You are doing a great job. If it comes off slowly, it doesn’t matter, remember it didn’t just come on overnight 😉

Anzac, well done with ignoring the challenging food you are facing at work everyday. There is often junk food at my work too and I mostly can avoid it. I think of the calories and also how unhealthy that food is – processed and artificial, and it usually turns me off. I would rather spend my calories on something more wholesome and filling. I hope your weigh in tomorrow shows some good results for you.

Gday, please don’t give up. I understand how frustrating it is but just keep going. I have only just come off my plateau this week and as I wrote in an earlier post it has felt like forever since I was actually losing weight. When I checked back in Calorie King it was March since I have lost any weight. I have just been maintaining since then. No wonder it felt like forever! You can do this, Gday. You will get your mojo back.

Crazy, you are losing your turkey neck! That made me laugh. Good on you. My only suggestion about goals is to set smaller ones. It is good to know how much you want to lose but I then broke it down into something that didn’t sound so daunting. In my case I wanted to lose about 20kg so I broke it down into 5kg lots. At times when I was plateauing, I would break it down even further into just 1kg. At the moment I am in the 1kg stage. If you don’t weigh, you could use measurements or even better, how your clothes fit. That is always a good indicator.

LJ, don’t you self-sabotage! You are back where you want to be so just keep up the accountability and just keep going. The only unhealthy thing in your ‘wanted’ dinner was the sausage. They can still be eaten if you can fit it in with your TDEE. Honestly though, the dinner you actually ate sounded so much better. Chicken, bacon, mushroom and leek. What a yummy combination.

Well after another successful FD yesterday (415 cals) my weight has dropped another 100g only. It’s really not much as after a FD as I usually weigh a lot less but a drop down is a drop down. Maybe I am getting to the trickling stage, Rosy.

It seems a lot of my advice/support is to ‘just keep going’.
    We can do this. We are all here together. We will make it work.
    Never give up xx

Challenging FD with stress and proximity of food. Hanging in there…..

Hang in there anzac hubby eating gingernuts here

Thinking of you, Anzac. Just a little while to go and think how good your FD dinner will taste. 🙂

Cinque, congratulations on your 4 years of 5:2. You are an inspiration to all of us and a calm voice of reason when we are sometimes feeling down.

Neil, congrats on meeting another goal and look forward to the next one.

Betsy, 13kg is a big amount of weight and should be great inspiration to get all the way to your goal. You know how to do it, so just charge ahead.

Thin, congrats on your always improving bridge scores and on staying in the 58kg weight range. All of your hard work on both are paying off.

LJ, I’ve had to drive in thick fog a couple of times, but on flat ground. It must have been tense driving on hilly roads. I remember feeling somewhat carsick in the thick fog because I could see little except the line in the road right in front of the car. The feeling of moving without seeing much and having to concentrate hard was not a fun drive.

Penguin, I’m still reading The Diet Myth and learning a lot from it. Lots of interesting ideas.

We watched the final episode of The Crown tonight. Now we’ll be anxiously awaiting season 3 with everyone else. OH and I started watching a miniseries that will be 6 episodes in all of a movie called Chernobyl on HBO. It’s probably one of the most frightening shows I’ve ever watched because it actually happened. And could happen again. It was very graphic. It’s interesting because at the time there was so little information coming out of the Soviet Union, and even afterwards it only trickled out. We saw 3 episodes so far.

Yesterday was a FD, a day late because of Memorial Day on Monday. It was an easy FD but still not decided whether to do another tomorrow or Friday.

Hi to everyone I didn’t mention personally. I am reading everyone’s posts.

Viewing 50 posts - 21,001 through 21,050 (of 28,029 total)

You must be logged in to reply.