Hello Southern Hemispherites!!

This topic contains 27,915 replies, has 832 voices, and was last updated by  LJoyce 11 hours, 40 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 12,601 through 12,650 (of 28,019 total)

• Good morning all, I am still regularly reading all the posts and I love all the information you all have. I also love all the stories, LJoyce I always wished I was adopted when I was growing up and that my “real” mother would come and take me away, unfortunately I wasn’t adopted and it never happened. I now get on better with my parents , dad particularly but mostly I’m the one they come to for help even though my oldest sister is and always has been mum’s favorite. I’m to old to worry anymore! Well done on all of you losing weight and inches and LJoyce fitting in ( and being loose) into you previously tight jeans and skirt ( I would give you a thumbs up but I’m on the computer and haven’t worked out how to do it) thumbs up to Jody also for getting to within 2 kgs of being overweight! I have managed to get into the 60’s albeit high 60’s and am impressed that another couple pairs of jeans that were very tight I can now wear with leggings under them. They are tight with the leggings but not uncomfortable so happy with that. Cinque you will get your Yam Daisy up and running and it will be a great success you have already succeeded with your weight loss and maintenance. Thanks for that tip Cinque I am going to try that as I have back and neck issues from being on the computer all day and at night for work. FD for me today I do Ok with my FD’s still struggling with NFD’s but am slowly getting there. We are meant to be going away for 4 weeks sometime in the next couple weeks and I am not sure how my FD’s will go then, my husband seems to want to eat while travelling at each stop, I don’t get anything except coffee but the smell of his food always makes me hungry! I’ll have to try chewy I think. My dad had a mild heart attack a few days ago so waiting on the angiogram results to see options then making phone calls to brothers and sister who are either on hols or live away, been extra busy last few days with updates for everyone. Enjoy your day everyone and pllease keep up all the interesting things you discuss it’s fantastic!

Redmoon – good to hear from you again. Although I’m very sorry to hear your dad has had a heart attack. I hope the angiogram results are positive. If there is a positive in all this, it’s that you’ve said the attack was mild. If your dad needs to change his lifestyle to prevent further problems then this might be enough of a scare to motivate him.

I feel for you with the favouritism. I was on the other end of it, especially with my dad. My sister could never seem to do anything right in his eyes, and I hated witnessing the way he treated her. She was much older than I was, and had left home just as I was finishing primary school. But once I was an adult I did my best to blunt the impact when I could – it was usually about stopping thoughtlessness that I knew would hurt her. There were actually times I had to give him a lecture about behaving like a responsible parent – I think it went in one ear and out the other. You might think that knowing you were the favourite would feel good – it really doesn’t – I wanted us to be treated equally. When parents do things like this it also often damages the relationship between siblings too.

It’s still cold and wet here – a balmy 11C today, with 10-11 also forecast for the next 2 days. This morning I went to the pharmacy, supermarket & green grocer and thought I’d stop and get a boot load of wood as I’m almost out. Fat chance! The wood yard had absolutely nothing left. I’ll have to try again tomorrow on my way back from the gym. At the moment I’m running the split system on heat from 7am until bedtime and I’m still cold. It just doesn’t heat the house to the same depth that the slow combustion does. I suspect part of that is because with a wood fire, even after you go to bed it takes hours to burn down to ash and to stop giving off heat. So the house just isn’t as cold in the morning.

Time for another cup of tea, that might warm me up.

Haha I wasn’t even thinking when I said that about ice cream with the pancakes, I guess I didn’t even really see it as a breakfast meal, I’d probably have that as my evening meal. I’m not even really an icecream eater particularly, just the suggested accompaniment appealed, although I think I’d prefer the coconut yoghurt, or maybe just a little drizzle of premium Canadian maple syrup.

Reminds me of a story. I remember going to visit my mother a couple of years back, and she was telling me about this incredible maple syrup she’d found at her local market, and how delicious it tasted. This is my mother, who’d been buying maple flavoured syrup pretty much all my life, and I’d been telling her it’s just artificially flavoured sugar water you should buy the real stuff. It’s funny that after all these years she should stumble onto it herself, and realise that it was worlds away from the cheap junk she’d been buying. I think I’ve got a litre bottle of top quality maple syrup in my cupboard, I went to the gourmet food store one day and couldn’t resist, I haven’t even opened it yet because I’m still getting through the small glass bottle that preceded it. I’m not one of these people who fool themselves that maple syrup and coconut oil are healthy, they are just sugar and fat after all, but I do believe in everything in moderation. I try not to deprive myself, because with me I just rebound and want it more. So I’m okay with the tiniest drizzle of top quality maple syrup on my pancakes, because I know that will be enough and it will taste good and satisfy me, and I’m okay with a little coconut oil in my curry (or to cook my pancakes) because I know that will make it taste really really good with minimal added fat.

Anyway, better go, my quinoa with red beans and corn is calling me. There’s a series of packet mixes I really love made in NZ and pretty much what you see is what you get, plus the most delicious spices in them. I had Israeli couscous with apricot and currants last week, delicious. I also have a blueberry and chocolate rice puddding from the same people that I’m yet to try, family sized I’d probably want to freeze it in serving sizes or smaller. A little bit of what I fancy is my new philosophy. I find since 5:2 I can almost always stop eating once I’ve had enough, like I used to be able to do when I was a skinny child, until the force feeding by mostly my grandmother (with the best of intentions) made my relationship with food a bit screwy.

Jody

I have not posted for a couple of days – the house is in chaos as almost every room is being painted and those with carpets (most) are having them replaced. I have been reading the posts.

My OH was adopted, by her grandparents. She lost her parents during the war. Over 70 years later it still affects her thinking. – she has a very idealistic view of what family life should be like.

I like to roast a cauli, but I have trouble growing them and I hate buying veg when I have my own. The exception being for my grandkids who love cauli/macaroni/cheese. last night was a stir fry with my own veg, followed by grilled figs. My fig tree produces a lot, but letting them ripen then getting to them before the magpies can be tricky. Over the next few days I need to start eating the aubergines and butternut squash.

The wardrobe change on retirement was pretty marked for me as well. I retired early and haven’t worked (for anyone else) for 15 years. I still have a couple of new business type shirts in their original packaging. My formal shoes never seem to need repairing and even in the British climate I live in shorts for 6 months of the year.

That post on family pressures to eat resonated. I have seen that with my own kids. It can be difficult.

The total fast worked well. I find that about mid morning on day one, which makes it about 15 hours in, I feel hungry for about an hour. After that I just feel empty and can feed the kids without being tempted to join them. I don’t start to feel deprived until about day three. Energy levels stay good. I’ll do it again next week.

It does sound like chaos over your way Penguin, but I suspect the changes to the house will all be worth it in the end. I don’t envy you replacing carpets – that’s a lot of furniture to move. Did you get to choose colours and carpets or is is that one of those questions we shouldn’t ask a man? (I still remember the car colour question.)

We have the same issues with birds liking the fruit a little too much. If you want your crop to survive to be picked you have to net the whole tree. Even they they’ll still peck holes in anything they can reach through the netting holes. I even had some ingenious parrots actually tear holes in the net one year – they must have been particularly partial to apples. (Although it’s possible they had some help from the possums.)

Glad you 2 1/2 day water fast worked, but rather you than me.

Hope the rest of the decorating goes without mishap – I assume you are doing the painting yourself?

I finally had the chance to go to the health shop today and the only form of kefir they had was a box of Natures Goodness Turkish yoghurt sachets for $11. I didnt buy it as I suspect its not the real thing. Thoughts on this product anyone ?

No luck with buying pine nuts on special at Coles either. I couldn’t find them on the shelf so I asked and was told that because they are a regional store they dont stock all the specials in the catalogue.

I don’t follow the footy much but fingers crossed the Adelaide Crows do well tonight in the first of the finals round. Oh and MissD won the footy tipping for her class this year so shes a wee bit proud of herself today.

I’m having to write tonight’s zen report after finishing the food because I didn’t want a sticky keyboard. Tonight I chose a navel orange.

The colour is pale orange with a hint of green near the base. It is huge – they definitely breed them big these days. It’s texture is very rough and full of tiny craters – a very bad case of cellulite! It definitely lives up to its name – it has a rather cute belly button.
    There is a mild orange scent while handling the fruit, but as soon as I break into the peel I am overwhelmed by the scent of orange and the acidity is catching the back of my throat. The peel is behaving exactly as I expect from a navel – really thick skin that peels off easily without damaging the fruit. The peel is releasing so much orange oil that it’s running down my arm and I have to keep stopping to wipe it off – my skin is going to smell nice after this. In fact I’m just noticing now that the skin on my palm is really soft – must be from the oil in the zest.
    After all of the peel is removed I can see the amazing structure. All of those individual segments encased in membranes and packed together to form a sphere.
    I pry it apart and remove a segment. The membrane is translucent and I can see the structure and colour of the orange flesh through it. It really reminds me of an insect wing – transparent and delicate with a structure that looks like little veins. The membrane really does its job of containing the flesh, because when I put it on my tongue I can’t taste orange. I think I can taste bitterness until I realise I’m actually smelling that and my brain is getting confused between taste and smell. When I bite into it and leave a piece on my tongue I can now taste the orange, but it’s mild at this stage. It doesn’t dissolve like some other fruits although some filaments separate out – yet more tiny pieces of flesh encased in their own membrane. This is definitely a fruit that needs to be chewed. You can really feel the fibre in this fruit as you chew it. I take just a few of the filaments into my mouth and they taste both sweet and sour. It’s juicy and refreshing. Very nice, and very messy.

GDSA, The best organic store in my district is The Organic Market at Stirling. I checked what they offer and have bought some fresh kefir from them (Milk Thief brand). They do have the same brand of culture sachets that you mentioned.
    They also have a Mad Millie Kefir Kit that includes a jar and some other tools along with the culture sachets:
    https://organicmarket.myfoodlink.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=kefir (If you click on the picture it gives you details of the product, scroll down the page to see the Natures Goodness sachets.)

If what I have read online is true, you will get kefir with some of the right bacteria stains from the sachets, but you won’t have as many strains as you would get with good grains like Thin & Penguin are using. The instructions appear to say that you can make the first batch of kefir from a sachet, then use some of that kefir to ferment the next batch – and so on for a limited number of times. It might not be the best solution but perhaps better than no kefir at all.
    Some things to consider:
    – If the bacteria in the Paris creek yoghurt are different to the sachets, you could add some of the yoghurt to the kefir while it ferments to increase the number of strains.
    – You mentioned that you might need to bring your daughter to Adelaide later in the year. While here, if you bought a couple of litres of a goof kefir and froze it in small portions at home, these could also be added to each kefir ferment to increase the bacteria strains.

The only other option is to find someone to get or buy grains from.

Good morning everyone. (And good evening to penguin.) Well, it’s 9:20 AM on Thursday here now, but will be Friday morning by the time most of you read this. Just a few minutes to write before I have to get back to work.

Before I found some regular kefir grains I tried the sachet powder strains. It easily fermented the first few times but didn’t produce grains of its own. Using a little kefir from the previous batches I was able to ferment a few more jars, but it finally fizzled out. I read the same thing as LJoyce about there being fewer bacteria strains in the powdered product.

LJoyce, your Zen Orange experience made me hungry for an orange. Our parrots got the last orange in the bowl this morning. I cut it into pieces for them. One of the birds sat on a perch above where I was crouched down, collecting soiled newspapers from the floor and putting down fresh ones, and ate a piece of the orange which dripped on my head! Good thing I’m washing my hair later!

Penguin, changing carpets is a real mess with having to move everything and the fine dust that gets trapped under the old carpet. Painting at the same time is an ambitious project! I too, am curious about the colors. Inquiring minds need to know! 😁

Jody, those packet mixes sound delicious! They give me ideas for some combinations to try here.

Cinque, your suggestion of lying on the floor for 15 minutes to settle out back and neck issues sounds good. I’m going to try it later today. I’ve had a lot of aches and pains, probably due to my bad posture when sitting at the computer or on the sofa with the iPad.

For some unknown reason I lost about 1 kg overnight and yesterday wasn’t even a FD. But I only lost a miniscule amount on Tuesday’s FD so maybe it was finally shaking loose. Today, Thursday, is a FD for me and hopefully it will cement in that loss. Only about 1.5 to 2.5 kg now to get to my goal.

OK team, the refurb. When we decided that we were not moving house, a decision with which I was very happy, SWMBO decided we needed new paint, new carpets, new curtains and some new furniture. The furniture had been in our last nine houses and didn’t really suit this one and the carpets were 15 years old so I didn’t argue. Anyway, I want a new shotgun. We agreed the new furniture. I was not consulted about the paint – my first knowledge was the label on the tin. I was in the room when the carpets and curtains were chosen but got over-ruled. Strangely, I am happier with the result than anyone else. This house is a mix of a 2-300 year old stone farm building (pigs downstairs, storage above) and a new extension. The older part requires long ladders and kit I don’t have, so a mate in the village who does it for a living painted it.

I spent most of today picking up plums and throwing them into the field for the partridges. Surprisingly, no wasps. There was a species of bee I haven’t seen before but they didn’t bother me. I may have to start keeping bees – the village Post Office has run out of honey and doesn’t expect any more. I eat local honey – it is supposed to be good for the immune system. I throw all of my fallen fruit into the field. The sheep like my apples and in the spring the new mums will bring their lambs across to meet the guy who will give them apples in the Autumn. Sheep are pretty dumb, but they have that one worked out.

My kefir production is getting greater. I am now making about a litre a day. I put it in the fridge for 24 hours where it usually separates which permits me to pour off the whey, but I still have have about 800ml a day. I am drinking it, putting it on the morning porridge and over fruit. if I get any more it will be out of control.

CalifDreamer, your 9.20 am was clocked as 5.43 pm here. Now 6.40 pm so a good late morning to you..

We were sorting through some old photographs today and I came across one that horrified me – I don’t remember ever being that fat. Unfortunately I can’t throw it away, It is the only one I have with my Grandmother flanked by my dead younger brother and me.

Good morning everyone,

I need some 5:2 advice re 5:2 and stress.

As our “annus horobilus” continues we have just had a not-quite-the-week-from-hell-but-a-bl…-awful-week mixed in with a birthday, family about to arrive to stay and the big 100birthday about to happen. I have missed a lot of sleep and I have a lot to do here before our rellies arrive. I’ve tried several times to do a fast day because I felt my body needed to have a rest from eating whatever comes to hand, at whatever time, wherever we’ve been. My head is just so full that I can’t remember anything about fasting/stress.

OK I get it that most people would just not try to fast any days through this, but I really need to keep myself as healthy as I can through this rollercoaster, and 5:2 helps me stay healthy in round simple terms. My body’s doing reasonably well given I’m eating differently and it’s all over the place – you all know these times and how that happens. I really would like to get 1 fast day done – today if possible – before the hordes descend

– but am I stressing my body further by trying to day a fast day or not? Can someone give me some advice please or if anyone having a slow day could look up anything on 5:2+ stress for me I would really appreciate your support today.

Thanks
    Merry

Good morning,
    Just read your post Merry and I need more time to think about it.
    My first thought is the old army one “Get over rough ground as lightly as you can”. Once you get through you can stop and pick up the pieces.

The second thing I thought is that the horrible thing about decision making in stressful times is that it is a gamble and no matter how carefully you make decisions, it could be the wrong one.

I’d back you on trying a fast day. It is nice to not have to think about food for a day, and it will make you feel good, and be good for you, if you can do it. But bail if you have to.

On the other hand if you read this and it feels like more stress, then that is your answer. Ditch the fast day!

I wish I could bring you a big pot of beautiful soup to have on hand for an easy nourishing meal that would suit a fast day and a non fast day.
    Good luck and hooray for how well you are doing!

Lots of interesting news here.
    Forgot to say, in that nice ‘lying on the floor’ exercise, his recommendation was to do it every day. So one 15 minute go at it might not be miraculous! I am too slack to do it every day, but I mean to, and I definitely do it when aches remind me.

Thin, I hope your walking partner can manage to do some things for her health eventually. When my friend was concerned about me doing 5:2 she kept saying I was successful because of will power and (something else I can’t remember) that just felt really incorrect. People on the outside see with different eyes!

I have to keep facing up to how stressed I am around waste. I know that if I eat when I don’t need to I am using myself as a rubbish bin, but it is still so hard to throw anything out, and I feel like I have failed good housekeeping when I do. (I fail in all sorts of other housekeeping ways, so it is interesting how emotional that one is!)

LJoyce I love that step in your recipe, to pour boiling water on the cauliflower and then leave it to dry before seasoning and roasting, Brilliant!

And I loved what you wrote about new habits and old habits. Exactly right!

So interesting to read about your relationship with your sister. Wow family dynamics are tricky. I am one of seven children and the complexity of it still makes my head hurt! And the realisation that the kids that seemed to be more favoured didn’t actually have it better, re long term mental health, took me a long time to get.

Woot woot! re the looser clothes. Yay!

Redmoonstar, when I had the fantasy that maybe a belonged to another (kinder) family I only had to look in the mirror to have my hopes dashed. The family likeness is terribly strong!
    Woot for your jeans too! Plan for your trip as best you can, and best wishes for your dad.

Penguin, your home sounds wonderful. I hope order reigns soon! I hope you do start keeping bees! Glad it was an excellent fast, cheers for the next one.

Jody, your maple syrup story reminds me of the time when I was a teenager and my mum bought a little jar of cinnamon powder and, for the first time in her life, she got one that wasn’t months (years) old. We couldn’t believe the amazing smell! No wonder I buy whole spices and grind my own!

Happy fast day Cali. I do too much sitting at the computer too! Better go and do some yoga/lying down now!

Cheers all!

Hi Merry

I just went back through the Fast Diet Book to search for anything on stress and found advice that pretty much ties in with Cinque’s advice.

In relation to time of high stress or illness the book said:
    “Be flexible; don’t force yourself to fast when it feels wrong. If you’re particularly stressed, off-colour, tired or peevish on a day that you have designated a fast, try again another day. Adapt. This is not about one-size-fits-all rules; it’s about finding a realistic pattern that dovetails with your life.”

I think this means you can try and do a FD if it feels right, but be kind to yourself if the fast becomes too difficult.

LJoyce, that’s a great approach and one I have adopted from the beginning.

It’s why I like to schedule my fast days as early as possible during the week, so that I can reschedule them later in the week if needs be.

Merry, I agree with what everyone else said about trying, but if it doesn’t feel right, give it up. You might be surprised that it’s easier than you think to put off eating when you’re stressed. Good luck with all the guests and taking care of them. Just remember to be good to yourself too. I love the feeling the morning after a fast.

Did anyone notice that penguin didn’t actually tell us the new paint colors for the rooms? 😁

Well, I’ve had a productive day so far.
    I drove over to Blackwood and joined the fitness centre so that I could take advantage of their current deal of 18 months for $155. Then I got straight onto an exercise bike and did a 30 minute interval training cycle – I supposedly covered 10.1km and used 130 calories. (I think I need to take a cushion with me, that seat was very unforgiving!)
    Then I walked to the other end of the town so I could get blood tests done.
    I decided to look in the Salvos store on the way back to the car and bought a pink top and pair of black track pants that fit perfectly – a grand total of $11.50. I decided to tease myself by trying on some size 14 jeans. I could get them on and do them up but they were definitely too tight for comfort, I’ll stick with my loose 16s for now.
    On the way home I decided to call by the wood yard and see if they had any wood available. They had some wood and a long queue, but I joined it and managed to load 140kg into my boot, which is not stacked under the eaves to keep it dry.

After all that I think I’m done for the day. I’ve lit the slow combustion, made a chicken and spinach wholemeal roll for lunch and am Just about to have a pot of tea.

Cali – I did notice that we weren’t told the colours, but I doubt we’d be any the wiser if we had been. Everything has very odd names these day. I’ve been searching for suitable paint colours for my house and I’m thinking about “Dulux – Hogs Bristle”. Now I’m assuming that everyone knows what colour the bistles on a hog are so that must be perfectly clear. Basically is a light warm greyish neutral.

Cinque – every recipie I’ve seen for roasting veg like cauli, broccoli or brussel sprouts involves oiling the raw veg and putting them in the oven. I always thought the finished texture wasn’t quite right. Then I used a bag of frozen broccoli for roasting and it was so much better. Having actually turned a glut of excess veg into frozen veg I know the process. They aren’t cooked just blanched before snap freezing. So I thought, well I can do that with fresh veg too – the result was so much better and it’s a lot less fuss than par-boiling. I also use blanching to cook asparagus. I trim the base and stand them in a tall narrow jug and cover with boiling water for 5 minutes. Once drained they are cooked just enough for me.

Big_bill – I agree. I always feel happy if I’ve gotten a FD out of the way on Sunday, it’s a bit of a relief knowing I have plenty of time to fit that second day in.

Penguin – what are you planning on hunting with that new shotgun?
    By the way I don’t blame you for getting help with the tall walls. Mine are about 9 1/2 feet and I struggle to reach the cornice (that’s crown moulding to you Cali).

Jodi – we can get some interesting grain blends here too, most include quinoa as one of their grains. I tend to buy the grains separately and do my own mixes. This allows me to use a grain that’s light on for fibre if I team it with one that has lots. I usually cook grains in large batches and freeze single portions. That way I have grains ready to go with just 60 seconds in the microwave – I freeze them in the smallest ziploc bags. I also do the same thing with legumes – I soak and cook a lot more than I need then drain them and freeze in ziploc bags. They are as convenient as tinned, but much cheaper and not as overcooked as the tinned variety.

Well I’ve managed to drink my way through 2 cups of tea while writing. Feel rather relaxed now.

Ljoyce I painted all my main rooms in Hogs Bristle a few years ago. An all round colour that fits in with all settings.

GDSA – that’s good to hear. I have original pine floorboards but I want to decorate with a warm grey as my background colour, so finding one that’s warm enough to match the floors but not to taupe has been a challenge. When I first moved in, beige was still in fashion so I just went with beige, taupe and soft white as my palate. When selling these days, greys and whites are the popular and expected palate so I have to find a way to work with that to maximise the number of buyers.
    I’m definitely choosing a more neutral floorboard colour in the next house so that redecorating is less of a challenge.

OK. I forgot the colours. The woodwork is mid oak, the walls are “Warm stone”. The furniture is a very old fashioned dark wood. The curtains are a light floral and the carpets are supposed to be “Harvest Gold”, which translates as a fawny sort of colour. It all works.

These days I shoot clay pigeons – simulated game. That is they behave like birds or ground game, but can be set up to be more difficult. Unless you own quite a lot of your own ground, live game shooting has become extremely expensive. The Partridges in my garden are safe. They would taste good but there are not very many of them and I like to see them. Our firearms laws are the toughest in Europe, possibly the toughest in the world. I need a Police issued permit for a shotgun and they can check my mental health with my doctor before I get one. If they decide they have a good reason, they can take it away from me. None of which stops us having a serious problem with gun crime in parts of our inner cities. The anomaly is that the largest number of legally held firearms per head of the population is in the country and the lowest in the cities. Gun crime is exactly the other way round.

Penguin – I hadn’t realised that the UK had such tough gun laws. We’ve had similarly tight gun laws here sine the late 1990s. It was a response to the massacre in Port Authur in 1996, where one unstable man killed 35 tourists who were visiting the historic convict site in Tasmania (the gunman later claimed to have been inspired by the Dunblane school massacre in Scotland). This was the one and only time we’ve had a mass shooting like this happen in Australia – most Australians decided once was enough and either happily or grudgingly gave up their guns. We had an amnesty and a huge gun buy-back, to remove weapons that were now illegal from the community when the new laws cam into effect. Military style weapons eg automatic and semi-automatic rifles are illegal and you only get a license for ordinary rifles and pistols with a very good reason (you can’t just own a gun because you want to), police checks etc. Our federal government is conducting another amnesty at the moment to allow people who previously hung onto their guns to hand them in now.
    I have extended family that are farmers and they were a bit annoyed, because they use their guns to kill foxes, rabbits and other pests. They also use them to quickly put an injured stock animal out of its pain. Although being a farmer was one of the legitimate reason to get a license under the new laws. Unfortunately the suicide rate among men on the land is twice that of urban areas and the method of choice always seems to be their guns.
    My brother-in-law has antique rifles that had belonged to his father and grandfather. When the gun laws changed he was allowed to keep them providing the firing bolt was removed and the guns permanently disabled so they can not be fired, and they still have to be kept in a locked gun cabinet, despite the fact that they can’t be fired – I suppose they are still weapons – you could hit someone over the head with them.
    We still have gun crime, but the rates are lower than they were 2 decades ago. In 1996 35% of homicides were gun crime, a decade later it was 10% – the corresponding big increase was in homicides using knives – I guess if someone really wants to hurt another person, they’ll find a way.

Ljoyce I wouldn’t describe hogs bristle as a warm grey – it’s more a fawny colour. You may wish to get a small sample pot to paint on a wall first before committing to a large tin just to be sure the colour is right for you. It can be hard to judge a true colour from a little square on a colour chart.

Its Saturday morning and is going to be 30 deg this weekend so will go for a bike ride and play a few games of basketball with Miss D. Hopefully the wind will stay away for a bbq as have some delicious fillet steak in the fridge. Also bought some lamb mince but cant decide what to do with that. Maybe those little Greek things on a stick – for the life of me cant remember what they are called – sleep deprived and in need of another coffee I think !

We had a terrible sleep last night as neighbour’s had a loud party and a bonfire. Not sure what they were burning but it stank toxic.

Good morning.
    Day before fast day for me.

Hooray for strong gun laws everywhere.
    As well as the horror of the Port Arthur massacre, Melbourne remembers the dreadful Hoddle St massacre, and only last week in Sydney a toddler was accidentally killed by her dad’s (illegal) shotgun.

Hey Gday, the Crows won didn’t they? Enjoy your Greek things on sticks! 😉

Well I overate yesterday, all good food plus I’m fasting tomorrow, but today I will concentrate on sensible meals and nothing inbetween.

Merry, thinking of you and hoping you survived yesterday okay.

Gday, the “little Greek things on a stick” – Do you mean Greek Lamb Souvlaki? http://www.mygreekdish.com/recipe/greek-lamb-souvlaki-recipe-skewers-with-pita-bread/
    The ones shown are made with chunks of lamb, but minced lamb would be even better because you could mix some of the herbs and lemon juice right in with the meat. I love Greek dolmas which I sometimes add a bit of minced lamb to, but often just do a vegetarian version. They’re kind of a lot of work, but I love them. I use a lot less olive oil than most recipes suggest. I wonder how they would taste made with pearl barley and quinoa?

30 deg is exactly what the temperature is here right now. (2:15 in the afternoon) It will probably get a little warmer by 5 or 6, but we’ve had very nice temps the last few days. Hopefully we’re done with those very high temperatures for this summer.

Penguin, the colors for your home sound lovely. I was just teasing you after your remarks some weeks ago about the color of cars. 😄 LJoyce, hogs bristle sounds like a funny name for a paint color, but thanks to the internet, I see that it’s a color that I really like. https://www.dulux.com.au/colour/hog-bristle I agree with Gday that a small sample pot would be a good idea. Colors look different under different lighting on various walls throughout the house. I’ve found colors in a store or online that I’ve loved, only to find it looked quite different on my walls.

Our gun laws (or lack thereof) are terrible here as evidenced by all the mass shootings which seem to be getting more common. There are also many accidental shootings by children with guns their parents own and fail to keep under lock and key. It’s a very emotional issue in this country and sharply divided opinions among party lines. I thought the laws would get stronger after all the school shootings, but sadly that hasn’t happened.

Good morning,

Thank you everyone, for your help yesterday! Ljoyce, thank you for reading up for me – I really appreciate you doing that for me so much – it was exactly what I was looking for, and I fasted till 3pm. Cinque, your comments coming so soon really helped me relax about my dilemma yesterday. I discussed them with OH and we agreed how sensible they were – to travel lightly and not regret decisions made under stress. Big Bill – hi, and thank you and Cali – thank you too. Thank you both for the back up. It was a hard day but we made it. I am sore and tired so from here on I need to sit back and let others step iin and that can happen now. My ME/CFS makes me more susceptible to severe fatigue, but I haven’t “crashed” something I credit to 5:2 along with a couple of medications. We have had a close family member in hospital with complications from surgery, and another quick trip to surgery needed, but a very challenging situation, now on the mend. OH and I were getting by with about 4hrs of broken sleep each night but fortunately the cafe had very healthy food, and we were able to stay in the family residence provided next to the building. When the cafe was shut there were machines well stocked and 1 had paleo/vegan food and drinks. I had a small a curried chickpea and rice salad from that machine a couple of times. OH had chickpea lentil and buckwheat salad with a something and honey dressing. Eating them late at night seemed weird but we were glad to get something healthy from a machine!

My little grandchildren are here now and more adults to help physically in the house/food etc, so it will be a bit tumultuous for a few days but lovely too. Right now I plan on sitting in the morning sun on the terrace with a cup of hot peppermint tea while everyone breakfasts. Our onvalid is here too now and recovering well. Thank you all once again.

Hogs Bristle comes in 3 strengths – Straight H B, Half H B and Quarter HB. Gday is right Ljoyce – it’s more a fawnish neutral than a grey neutral. 1/4 HB is almost goes a yellowish cream in some lights. We painted DFIL’s unit 1/4 HB before sale as the grey didn’t work with the powder coated metal window frames, but it easnted as neutral as we thought it would be in the light there. HB has been extremely popular for a few years now but is still very popular. Half or 1/4 HB is probably better than full HB for maxium appeal though. Little pots are good to try.

Merry

easntd = isn’t

GDSA, Merry & Cali, I’ve brought home so many paint chips I didn’t know where to start. I agree about the small pots. I’ve thinking about buying some sheets of art cartridge paper and creating a large sheet of each of my short list of colours that I can tape on the wall. If I do it on sheets rather than the wall I can move them from room to room. I want to use the same colour in all rooms (except the wet areas), but the amount of light that each room gets differs greatly, so colours look different. I would be ok with using different strengths of the same colour in different rooms. At the moment I have completely different colours in each room that I chose shortly after buying this place – that’s an approach that isn’t popular these days.

Merry – it sounds like you’ve had a terrible time. I understand know how you got into such a state yesterday – when you have a chronic illness and you are pushing your body beyond it’s limits it isn’t just the body that stops working properly, our brains stop too and it becomes incredibly difficult to think clearly and make good decisions. I think stepping back as you’ve decided, is the only sensible thing you can do right now.

GDSA – are you thinking of souvlaki or kofta? Both are yummy, although kofta is probably more Turkish than Greek – although they do borrow flavours from each other a lot in their cuisines. Lamb on a BBQ, what’s not to like – now there’s a favourite food memory.

I’m doing another FD today – 3rd for the week. I have a family restaurant lunch to go to tomorrow so I can’t do my preferred Sunday fast. My sister and b-i-l are driving down from the Riverland and the we are having a belated celebration for my nephew’s 40th birthday. We are going to a place beyond the southern suburbs so it’s at least an hours drive each way for me. Depending on how overboard I go tomorrow, I may do a FD Monday as well as I have another lunch out later in the week.

I bought some cauliflower rice a few days ago. I had been hearing about it here but hadn’t seen it in the store before. I sautéed some chopped onions in a bit of oil and water and then added a bunch of sliced portabello and white mushrooms. I finally added the cauliflower, some fresh basil from the garden, pine nuts and salt and pepper. I cooked it until the cauliflower was just barely done. I could have done without any oil but wished I’d remembered to get chicken broth to use instead of the water. I kept adding water as it evaporated. I served Parmesan on the side. Also made poached tilapia filets with lemon and capers. It could probably have been a FD meal. It turned out really well.

I’m going to keep using the cauliflower rice in place of the grain rice when I want to save on calories. And it’s a great way to get more cruciferous vegetables into the diet.

LJoyce, it sounds like you have a fun weekend planned. Good idea doing a 3rd FD so you don’t have to worry as much about what you eat when you go out with your farmly. Have a wonderful time!

All the news channels on TV are reporting about the approaching hurricane in Florida. So frightening. I have a friend who lives on the west coast of FL and I looks like it’s turning further west. She has several pets and birds that wouldn’t be easy to evacuate.

Hi Cali

Yes we’ve been getting the news reports of the awful weather events that have peen pummeling North & Central America and the Caribbean. It seems unbelievable that there are 4 separate hurricanes in the same area, not to mention an earthquake as well. I hope your friend in Florida is OK.

I have never heard of being able to buy cauliflower rice. Cauli rice is common here, but we make it ourselves from fresh cauliflower,I don’t think you can buy it ready made. Just put the raw cauli florets into a food processor with the blade and pulse until it turns into the texture of rice. It’s a really useful alternative to grains if you are trying to cut back.

I’ve just spent nearly 2 hours foraging for kindling in the forest next door. I now have a wheelbarrow under the eaves piled high and the big tub inside filled up as well. I’m just hoping that the wood I managed to buy yesterday will be enough for this year.

I’m just sitting down to an afternoon pot of French Earl Grey tea and my first food for the day – a banana. I’m looking forward to catching up with my sister, niece, nephew & their kids tomorrow. Because of the distance, we don’t see each other as often as I’d like.

Goodnight Cali, must be getting late over there.

For some reason all of my planned meals gt a bit jumbled this week. I think it was not eating what I’d planned Wednesday. The end result was that instead of having to cook tonight’s FD meal, I had enough scotch broth left for dinner, so no cooking required.
    I’ve decided to stop this pattern and not take anything out of the freezer for tomorrow night. I’ll defrost whatever I feel like tomorrow afternoon when I return home from lunch. Sometimes what I’m in the mood for overrides all of my careful planning.

Good morning everyone,

Fast Day!

Starting with cuppas!

Merry so glad you got through the day and started the next one so well. best wishes to the invalid.

That bought cauliflower rice sounds interesting Cali, does it look like rice? I wonder if they are making it from cauliflower stems, that would be clever.
    I only use it when I have cauliflower and haven’t the time/energy to make rice.

The other day I just chopped the cauliflower florets small so I didn’t have to get my food processor dirty! Then I put it in the plate and covered it with dal and heating the dal up in the microwave was enough to cook the cauliflower. Added some coriander leaves to pretty it up and it was a very easy meal.

I’ve also found that a day of food plans falling through messes my head up. Hoping that as my health improves I become more resilient (if it ever improves!)

It is a glorious Spring day here, the first.

Thinking of the people who aren’t so lucky.

Thinking of all you people and hoping you have a good day!

Cinque, it came in a 2 pound bag and was about the size of white rice grains, maybe just a bit bigger. http://lespetitesgourmettes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/to-roast-or-not-to.jpg

I think the bag was $4.99. It would be pretty easy to do it in the food processor I would think, but not sure if I could get it all the same size bits.

Wouldn’t this be good with some curry powders, just a bit of coconut milk and maybe a few dried currants or cranberries? Maybe a few chopped nuts, like a pilaf. Some chickpeas added could be nice. I’m thinking of all kinds of things to do with it….

Good morning Cinque, Good Afternoon Cali, Hi anyone else who’s reading

I am also enjoying my first cuppa of the morning.
    I’ve just been perusing the menu for the place I’m going for lunch trying to decide what to order. I looked yesterday and gave up – too many choices. The only conclusion I’ve come to it that it needs to be red meat as the beef or lamb meals are braised or grilled, unfortunately all of the seafood is deep fried and I don’t feel like pasta. So probably either braised lamb shanks or grilled steak.

Cali, if you can’t finish that size bag of cauli rice, you should be able to cook it in the microwave and then freeze portions. When I make cauli rice I usually do a whole cauliflower and cook it in the microwave covered for 5 minutes. When it’s cool I create portions in zip-loc bags.

It’s a rain free day here today with some weak sunshine, although where I’m going for lunch is near the ocean so the breeze might be pretty cold.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday.

We’ll probably finish the bag tomorrow, but good to know it can be cooked and frozen. I’m kind of excited about how well it works in place of rice. It’s a nice calorie savings too.

Someone sent me this link for a cockatoo that has learned to exchange one nut for another. I bet you didn’t know how smart your native birds are. https://m.phys.org/news/2013-03-business-parrot-goffin-cockatoos-nuts.html

RedmoonMonica, your post about wishing you’d been adopted made me laugh so much. Not that it was any fun for you I’m sure but I could certainly relate to it. I made peace with my dad before he died but my mother and I don’t get along at all and we’ve been estranged this time for about 20 years. I sometimes feel guilty knowing she’s getting on in years. She lives in Florida. My brother (who’s also estranged) and I decided to drop her a note to ask if she’s safe so it was good to learn that she’s moved to the panhandle.

Penguin & LJ, I read with interest your statistics and anecdotes about gun crime. Underscores what my OH says that guns don’t kill people, people kill people. He was taught how to handle a firearm safely as a teen and gets very angry when parents purchase toy guns for their children. Guns are never toys.

When I bought my first home in California, I could only afford a dodgy neighbourhood near the Mexican border. My preference for personal protection against home invasion was mace (and a dog). I could have purchased a firearm with no questions asked but, for mace, I was required to attend a weekend training course and pass an examination which certified me as a legal mace owner! Work that one out. Here, I’m not allowed to protect myself even with a tiny can of pepper spray in my handbag. I don’t feel I need one but I don’t have the option.

I feel fortunate to feel very safe where we live. I’m definitely happier living in a society like Australia with stricter gun laws and less gun ownership but, as a fence sitter on the subject, I also feel people’s arguments about gun control are often steeped in ignorance because it’s such a polarising issue. The trouble with amnesties is that law abiding citizens tend to hand in their guns leaving only the bad guys armed. CalifD, I understand your frustration about your laws but at least you can be thankful that you still have freedom of speech. This has now been lost to Australia and Canada where there are laws against it. The ability to have a meaningful, adult debate on any subject is paralysed when we are legislated into how to think and what to say. I’d like to propose that all laws be given an expiration date.

Merry, I do hope all is well at your house and that your family member is fully recovered. I am pleased that you received the advice that suited your circumstances.

Cinque, OH has just flown off to begin a two week job just down the road from you where you worked. (700 kms is just down the road by Australian standards.) He’ll be based at Tenant Creek. Did you visit that metropolis when you worked in the NT? I think you mentioned you’d hitch-hiked through there – or was that me?

LJ, CalifD, I freeze my cauli rice in ziploc bags after pulsing but before microwaving it.

I hope you’re having a lovely day out LJ. I am certainly in need of today’s FD as we had an Indian dinner out on Friday. It seems most weekend fasters chose yesterday to fast so I may be alone. I shall head into the garden and take advantage of some warm sunshine to pass the time and get some exercise.

Thin, I think Cinque is fasting with you today.

Cali – thanks for the video. I found myself comparing it to what I know about child behaviour. There was a series of documentaries on child development that I remember watching. They tried a delayed gratification experiment with 4 year olds – 1 lolly now or 3 if you wait 3 minutes. Most couldn’t wait the 3 minutes. This is not surprising as I remember when doing my BEd, learning that for kids in the 3-4 year age bracket their concept of time is “now” or “not now”, they aren’t good at estimating whether a given future time is short of long, they just know it’s not now. It’s also why “are we there yet” is the common refrain from the back seat.

Hitch hiking through Tenant Creek – boy do you guys know how to live dangerously.

I had a nice lunch with family at the restaurant, then we went around to my niece’s house for a cuppa and birthday cake. I was feeling pretty pleased with myself at lunch, I ordered a grilled steak that came with lots of veg. It also came with several giant battered onion rings (seriously they were the size of doughnuts), I gave those away – with teenagers at the table that’s never a problem. Then came the birthday cake – red velvet. I limited myself to a tiny piece – 3 bites. I was clearly feeling a bit too smug about my good choices. My 4yo great-niece then gave me a chocolate show bag that they bought for me at the Royal Adelaide show, which is on at the moment. I really don’t do well with an unplanned influx of chocolate. I came home and made a pot of tea and have just managed to eat 6 bertie beetles in one sitting!!! Now I feel slightly nauseous and my pride is rather deflated along with it.

If I had been in any doubt about fasting tomorrow, I’m over it.
    Monday will be a FD.

Freeze the rest of them LJ, right down at the bottom of the freezer and all in different spots! 😆 Great job with those restaurant menu choices by the way – and a wonderful role model to the OFMs!

Good afternoon all. Posting while waiting for pizza dough to come out of the bread maker.

Thinatlast what do you mean by panhandle im puzzled as never heard of it before. I also feel that free debate has become a little squashed in Australian society. Take the gay marriage debate for example – comments for it are met with applause whereas comments against are met with horrible ridicule. We all have our own thoughts on life but at times I feel that being politically correct had taken over.

My lamb greek things on sticks – yes it was koftas I was trying to think of – didnt happen as i ran out of time so the lamb mince went into the freezer for another day.

Ljoyce Bertie Beetles yay yay !! Only available at shows now and im not surprised you couldn’t resist. I buy a 50 beetle bag at our annual show every year. I have a work colleague in Adelaide who does the same and he actually reminded me the other day that they used to be wrapped in foil rather than plastic.

Time to go the bread maker is beeping at me.

Thin – thanks for the freezer advice.

GDSA – my bag didn’t have 50, it had 12 and I’ve now eaten half of them. The other half are going in the freezer. It’s funny that I can stop at a couple of squares of dark chocolate but have no off switch when it comes to milk chocolate.
    If you google Oklahoma and have a look at the shape of the state you’ll understand the pan handle reference – basically the state looks like a saucepan.

The panhandle is an unofficial name given to the NW strip of Florida. I always thought Florida looked more like a gun! As it turns out, the Tampa Bay area is now expected to experience the brunt which must be so frustrating for all those evacuees who headed up there from the south and east coastal areas. So my mother is actually not necessarily out of danger. I have so many great memories of Key West and hate to think of it completely devastated.

I had to look up Bertie’s Beetles when you first mentioned them LJ but couldn’t tell how large they are, I’m thinking something like a Freddie Frog size? OK, so you ate six. You also didn’t eat six!

Agree with what you wrote GDSA and you put it well. People with all view points should be allowed to express them freely without being subjected to name calling as a way of shutting down any debate. After all, freedom of speech is one of many reasons that people from other countries want so desperately to live in our country.

Thin – I didn’t realise Florida also had a pan handle. I read a lot of stories about the 1930s drought years, and there was a lot of discussion in them about the dust storms on the pan handle of Oklahoma. I thought it was the only one. You are right about Florida – looks like a pistol shape to me.

The berties beetles are smaller than chocolate frogs – they are about 9grams and have 210kj each. The remaining 6 are safely stashed in the freezer.

Yes I am fasting. Just about miso soup time.
    I woke up hungry and hugged Penguin’s comment about only being hungry for an hour. That was a good thing, but it was one of the days when hunger came like 5 minutely labour pains all afternoon! Oh well, they aren’t as painful as labour pains!

I’d have to throw the chocolate beetles away! And take them out of their wrappers first so I don’t go searching for them in the bin later!

It is interesting how the different sides of an emotional issue like marriage equality can each feel they are the victims. I have noticed it between mums who breast feed and those that don’t, and mums who work while the kids are little, and the ones who stay at home. (you can tell I am mostly around women!). In every case both sides feel that their way is not understood and feel hurt or outraged or ridiculed by the other side. Hopefully we can get through the next couple of months in Australia without too much vitriol and too much hurt.

Thin, after working in Borroloola I taught a term at Alekarenge which is very near Tennant Creek (in an outback way, it’s about 170km south). I just loved that desert country.
    But no hitchhiking there, all my hitch hiking was coastal! Cape Tribulation to Melbourne, and once across the Nullarbor.

Cali, that was exactly what I thought the packet of cauliflower rice would look like!

Celery and a little pumpkin, with my chicken and mushroom, in my miso soup tonight! Off to make it! Cheers everyone!

GDay. I have strong principles, you are prejudiced, they are bigots. Try reminding people who require political correctness that it is a translation from the Russian. It was what the Soviet state required you to think. I truly don’t care about gay marriage, a friend of mine is in such a relationship, but I don’t like being told what to think

Recently we have had a couple of large scale cases of young girls being groomed and then sexually abused. They went un-investigated for a long time because the perpetrators were an ethnically and religiously different group to the victims and couldn’t be investigated without drawing accusations of prejudice. it was un-PC to suggest that they could be capable of a such a thing. One of our politicians is now in trouble with her own party for pointing out that it was the same community each time and could be happening elsewhere.

Thin. There is no legal way in this country to own a fully automatic weapon or a pistol. However, these are the weapons of choice for our inner city crime. Pretty well every country in Europe has less stringent firearms laws than us, so why do we have the worst gun crime? You OH is right, its the people. If I drew attention to the section of our population that is largely killing its own members I’d be in trouble. The PC reason for their use of drugs and firearms is their levels of deprivation and poverty.

As I recall, I joined this site to ask what an English Muffin is, and then we debated the difference, if any, between crumpets and pikelets. We seem to have become serious. So one more serious thought before I harvest my kefir and go back to living quietly. It is arguable that the UK opted to leave the EU because those clever, superior people in London, which is geographically part of England but culturally another world, told the rest of the country what to think, and that only a very stupid and bigoted person would hold a different view.

I suspect that one of the reasons people feel misunderstood, or unable to state a view that is different is that other people’s opinions seem to be inordinately important. If someone disagrees there seems to be this need to convince them that they are wrong – why can’t they just think differently?
    I believe this relates to self esteem. If we are confident in ourselves and believe we are entitled to our own opinion, it shouldn’t matter what others think. With self confidence we would be able to easily accept that we have an opinion that differs to other and that is OK, we don’t need others to agree to reassure us that our thinking is ok. And yet this isn’t the way I see most of our society behaving.
    I know that it’s taken age and time for me to feel comfortable having a view without expecting others to agree with me and not feeling uncomfortable about that. When I was young peer pressure was much more overwhelming.

Hi everyone,

Wow! Intense topics today! Too heavy for me right now. I am quite content to research and decide on my own opinion, keep it to myself, detach, and appreciate that others have their opinions and what they are, are basically none of my business. I think that approach comes with age too.

I’m going to make a comment on just one, and that is the topic that affects us 5:2 wise, and one that’s come up before on this thread. Family childhood experience. We discussed this some time back and discovered that just about everyone on the thread had food issues rated to our childhood parenting, especially our mothers. Not surprising that so many on this forum who are here for weight reasons can trace food issues back to emotional issues. We all went “me too”, me too, me too…,,,,,,and yes, redmoon, me too. Sending all our hurting inner children a hug.

Just resting after a big day -100th b’day day today – and I came home and slept for hours. Food today has been a mix of very healthy – salmon on Asian greens with a light tasty broth that the greens were cooked in, and a double dip on the birthday cake -we all had some more with a hot drink this evening. The birthday meal was my first food of the day.

Monday/Thursday are my usual FDs and am shifting those to Tuesday/Friday this week. Tuesday, OH and I will be on own again and can begin getting ourselves back to our normal.

Because I’ll be getting back to my normal food overall I’m going to document it more on here after logging food/drink each day.

Have a good week everyone,
    Onwards and Downwards,
    Merry

Good morning,
    I am up early, had my lovely post-fast breakfast and now I am enjoying my coffee.

I have been concentrating more as I eat, in that LJoyce-Zen way, and noticing how the way I experience a mouthful changes as I fill up.
    I am one of those whose mouth can want to keep eating even when my belly is so full it hurts, but I am noting that it isn’t my mouth (brain…. your problem!) because there is such a distinct change from those first magnificent mouthfuls (vegemite on toast this morning) when I am hungry, to ho hum response as I am satisfied.
    I really have to notice what I eat (ie not eat AND concentrate on something else at the same time!) and use my mouth to help me make good decisions about portion size!
    That’s my realisation for the day!

Merry, so glad to hear you at the end of the 100th birthday celebration, I do hope your FIL was able to enjoy it.
    So lovely to be back to normal, I bet you will enjoy every minute!

Best wishes to any Monday Fasters!

Cinque, I misread the date stamp again and read that you’d fasted on Saturday. I had miso soup with chicken and shiitake mushrooms for my fast dinner last night. It was so delicious.

Thanks for correcting me on my spelling of Tennant Creek. So I have one up on you for hitching through there, I remember standing nervously at the ‘Three Ways’ junction signpost (the only man-made structure in the scape) and reading funny things that hitchhikers had etched into it including someone notching off the days (8) waiting for a lift and another had written, “Two good things about flies: they sleep at night and they only live 21 days”. I was so lucky to get a ride within half an hour of being dumped off there. But you have got me hands down on hitching across the Nullarbor. After I’d taken that bus, I knew I could have done it but allowed people to deter me. Years later, we took two weeks to cross it with an Aussie couple. We loved it because he knew so much about the outback and how to find little creatures like trap door spiders, etc. When you’re zooming by in a bus, it looks like there’s nothing out there.

LJ, I’m fortunate to have a circle of friends prepared to discuss all manner of issues without fear. Whilst I might not always agree with their views, I vigorously defend their right to express them. And by discussing them honestly and supporting our arguments with facts, we are sometimes able to sway each other’s opinions. However difficult the conversation, be it changes to the Marriage Act, immigration concerns, or anything else, these are all legitimate topics for public discourse and the introduction of state powers to criminalise an opinion is just wrong. The state can’t create a human right not to be offended but extend it only to members of certain interest groups and expect it not to end badly.

Penguin, I agree with all you wrote. And you’re right, we’re deviating a lot from 5:2 and crumpets. When I joined this thread, that’s about all that was discussed. The topics have become very diverse now and there isn’t so much mention of weight loss, going off the rails or the latest fast day recipe.

Morning Merry, it sounds like you made some good healthy choices at the celebration especially the plan to fast until the event. I hope you can relax a bit now as you slowly return to normal.

I’m enjoying my first post-fast coffee and not feeling hungry. I woke to a light rain which is perfect to gently water in all the shrubs I planted yesterday. DD is staying home to study today and we will have grilled haloumi and salad for dinner. Have a lovely day everyone and try not to worry what anyone else thinks!

Morning all you Losers…..I’m baaack!! Yes, Thin, pick yourself up off the floor.

I’ve been crazy busy & still am. Won’t be able to check in as much as before but hope I can get up to speed with everyone new. Have had a few holidays and haven’t been able to shift the “excess baggage”. So I’m back in the programme! Want to hit the elusive 59s so I’ve got a little ways to go. Weigh in for me on Friday. I need to be accountable to you guys again to get me remotivated.
    PS. Oh and although I’m CharliesMum (by name) I’m now Lucy’s Mum too. My two beautiful cockers spaniels.

Have an awesome day guys!!! Remember nothing tastes as good as being THIN!!

Woot woot! That’s the best post I’ve read in ages. Introducing CM from Fremantle. A wealth of knowledge on all things food-related and here to entertain us with her sharp wit. Welcome back my friend!

Viewing 50 posts - 12,601 through 12,650 (of 28,019 total)

You must be logged in to reply.