Hello Southern Hemispherites!!

This topic contains 27,914 replies, has 832 voices, and was last updated by  KellyClarkson 10 hours, 51 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,051 through 1,100 (of 28,018 total)

• Hi everyone, especially Jane from Australia.
    I’m also a lady of a certain age and read that forum too.
    It’s very hard to do more than two difficult things at the same time (I sometimes have trouble even with one!) so don’t try too hard to stick to the 5:2 regime while you are still dealing with the loss of your dear mother.
    An alternative system that many will know about is 16:8 ie only eat each day in an 8-hour window, giving your system a 16-hour rest from digestion. In practice the easiest way I found to apply it is to not eat anything after dinner in the evening until lunchtime the following day. My husband used to go away for work and I got some great results with that last year as I’m not normally hungry first thing anyway. For me it doesn’t work when he is at home because of the ‘you must start the day with breakfast’ mantra, so to keep the peace I use 5:2 with my two fast days scheduled for days I am at work.
    Do take care of yourself, the feeling of pain and loss will gradually diminish, but your happy memories won’t.

Good morning all Monday fasters. Keep up the good work.
    If you have a desk job, please remember to get up at least every 30 minutes for a stretch or short walk, eg to the printer or toilet.
    I have a reminder set in my email calendar which I postpone for 15′ each time. I suffer from OA so used to find that if I was doing something engrossing it would be sometimes hours before I surfaced and then be so stiff I could hardly stand.
    Recent research suggests it’s also good for general health. It’s now in newspapers too so it must be true 🙂

Stretching, standing and moving also burns calories and is good for the heart!
    Happy fasting!

Hi All!
    Just wanted to thank you for your contribution to this thread. I’ve found it really inspiring as I get started on my 5:2 adventure.

I’ve cruised through my second fast day today, choosing to skip breakfast (as it gave me just over 16 hrs clear fasting). Lunch was easy, enjoyable and dinner will be the same.

One week down, a lifetime to go! I can so easily see this fitting into my variable routine. I look forward to hearing about other newbies and their success 🙂

Hello everyone. I haven’t posted in a while but have been continuing to keep up with all of your comments. I’m still losing weight slowly (have now lost 11 kg since starting the fast diet in November). Our Foxtel programme-guide magazine for April arrived today, so I thought you might be interested to know that Michael Mosley’s Horizon documentary, “Eat, Fast, Live Longer”, will be back on the BBC Knowledge Channel (612) at 8.40 pm on Thursday, 17th April. It will also be repeated at 1.40 am and again on Sunday 20th April. His other documentary, “The Truth About Exercise”, will also be on the BBC Knowledge Channel on Thursday, 24th April, at 8.30 pm (and again at 1.20 am). I also thought that the new contributors to this thread might be interested in joining our “Southern Hemispherites” Facebook page. Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groupinvite/ATUp-6qC6M8_B3hAg9WMKoKiMVcuH8BObgaP3LuQwTY5kLhhu2WlHR2GfuJmYF2FJvj03YGgr2GeiVFg8gQoJqzj0N_iJ2bDXytFl5gH37DI0Qdo1V1DgcPB04jfLEialRUzGVCP227aAAPgbReApkaqmKWKwAmj4CBA1j_y28PGfjTdJxBuEcI-zfc7T4LXgjE .

Hi everyone. I did it. I have just about completed my first fast in 2 weeks after losing the plot a bit. It’s gone ok and I haven’t eaten a thing since 9.30 last night. It is now 5.30 in the arvo and my kids are just doing homework before tea. I’m having a very filling diet coke before sticking my lean cuisine in the microwave and making pasta for the family. I’m very determined to get back to the great feeling of success. Catch you soon.
    Mel

Gomarg – Thanks for the FB link. I’ve sent a request to join the group.

Having a fast day today after ++ birthday cake yesterday. 😀
    Waiting for FastExercise to download on my kindle. I preordered it. Must have to wait for it to be “today” in the US. I’m not very good at patience.

Well done smarte, teevizi and Gomarg!

I had my 5th fast day yesterday after quite a busy weekend. I had a girlfriends party on Saturday and resulted in quite a few drinks and food. Really felt it on Sunday. Yesterday I had a fast day but found it very tough as I wasn’t very well and ended up treating myself to a hot chocolate in the evening. It took me up to 628 cal.

Trying to keep a close eye on the cals today to make up for it as feeling much better. I am pleased I don’t have too many busy weekends coming up so I can focus on really getting into this.

Hope the week is starting well for everyone and happy fasting for those who are.
    Amy XX

Hey Amy12…

I did the exact same thing, had a big weekend and struggled through a fast day yesterday, with 4 lollies in the evening !! but 628 Cal is great, better than 6000 if u had had a really big blow out, its only 128 over, well done..

im enjoying a local BBQ lunch for workers in my area today, hence changing the fast day to yesterday instead of my usual Tues and Thurs, Im really appreciating food alot more now and looking forward to my next fast on Thurs ..

Happy fasting all xx

Thanks for the link Gomarg, will definitely watch the doco as I haven’t seen it before. Well done MelbourneMum and everyone else for getting through a (mostly!) successful fast day! I’m feeling much better after my miserable week last week, successful fast yesterday and have only eaten one piece of toast so far today as I’m really not hungry yet. Definitely feeling much more focused and energised. Have a great week everyone, keep up the good work!

Hi all,
    today’s update from the doc is good, fasting blood glucose from 6.5 down to 5.5, cholesterol down 6.3 to 5.5. Everything is is pretty good, with my weight now 15 kg lighter than this time last year.

Only thing that’s a concern is my thryroid, which has grown larger in the last 12 months, to the point at which its starting to change my voice…so my voice box gets aching and tired very quickly, and sadly is no longer able to make the high notes when belting out my favourite ’80’s songs. It looks like the 5:2 can’t fix everything, sadly and I’m looking at thyroid surgery sometime soon.

Keep up the great work everyone!

Well done IHAW! Those numbers are great. Sorry about your thyroid. Hopefully with the rest of you being healthy, you will recover better from the surgery. Not something to look forward to, though. 🙁

Thanks MM! I want to keep positive, regardless of my thyroid acting up, because all of my other bits and bobs are working so much better, and that’s pretty much solely due to the 5:2.
    Cheers!

I have been on the fast diet for six months now and was introduced to it by a friend.I am 7 kilos lighter and have just had my first lot of blood test done. I get the results on Monday so it will be interesting to see how I go. My cholesterol is usually at the top of the range. It’s good to read all the different posts and to see how well everyone is doing. My husband does it with me which helps keep me on track.

Hi fellow Aussies,

I don’t say much, but read and get inspiration from you all every day. I just wanted to say a great BIG thank you to you all! I’ve hit the 20kg mark, with another 15 to go, it’s a long slow process but without you all and IF I’d be back there sad, fat and really really overweight!

So thank you, please please keep posting for all of us who only read and follow your guidance.
    Xxxxxxxxx love to you all

Hi bulldozerme
    Terrible name to type!

You have done so well and well done – 20kg is bloody hard!
    It’s taken me 14 months to get to 21kg, but happily, for the last 7 weeks I have been between 69.7 & 70.2 – so WE CAN DO IT!

How is your husband? I also have one who is older (74) and mine unfortunately won’t fast, but is very supportive of my “strange” habits. He is still more uncomfortable with eating and drinking wine on Mondays while I have a glass of water – but it is amazing (and so liberating) to be buying size 12 and sending the 18s to the Salvos!

It is for life, and I know now that I will fast for the rest of my life and love doing it. BUT I also think we have to keep exercising (I do an hour cardio at the gym 6 mornings a week) if only not to get flabby

best wishes from Hobart
    Vicki

Hi sorry to hear about your Thyroid, IHAW, your surgery may even help with losing weight.
    I have read about 16:8 and not sure if I am understanding it. Apparently you fast from dinner to lunch next day,where does the 16:8 come from as it seems to me you could do that every day, is that right. I did this once as 5:2 makes me feel nauseous and this didn’t.

I am really battling at the moment as having to undergo some tests, will be glad when they are over. Easter eggs are always my downfall every year, have to change that.

Happy fasting, so many are doing so well congratulations.

Hi mygirl, Dozer Mikayla and Vicki!

What wonderful inspirational fasters you both are and it’s great to hear from you and your stories of success.

My darling husband who’s underweight, but eats like a horse, is now much better at NOToffering me treats on my fast days…it took a while for him to remember that two days a week I’d be letting my system have some rest and recovery. Now, like clockwork, he happily cooks his favourite meal for himself (baked beans and mashed potatoes) and tucks into an enormous plateful. Gotta love him, it’s one of the few things he can cook without asking me every few minutes what to do next.

I get my thyroid CT scan today, to see exactly how big it is. When booking, the receptionist told me to fast beforehand, I told her that’s not a worry….(it’s Thursday after all and we all know what that means…. hahaha!) got to love this fasting business, it really makes all this medical investigation stuff so much easier to handle. I didn’t have the heart to tell the poor lady why I was so cheerful and not moaning about going without breakfast.

Cheers and happy fasting! Live long and prosper!

Hi everyone, haven’t posted for awhile. I’ve been struggling, not with the fast days per se (I find them easy and always keep to them) but with the ‘feast’ days and my self image. To recap, started in mid-November, wasn’t very overwieght (BMI 26), lost 5kg the first month, it took 2 months to lose another 3kg and then in the past month I’ve lost 500g. I’ve pretty much plateaued at BMI 23.5 after losing 8.5kg. (I’m now down to the top of the weight range I was in my 30s.)
    What’s the problem there, you may ask? Well, my aim was to get to the middle of the BMI range, BMI 21 or so, which would mean losing another 5kg. At my current weight, I look very different and can fit into lots of smaller clothes, so am enjoying that very much. However, I still have plenty of rolls of fat around my middle (post-baby, post-menopause fat?)and can assure you I am a long way from skinny (size 12-14 in clothes, still a DD in bra) – not that I want to be skinny. But I do, for health reasons (I’m late 50s) want to be slender – or more slender than currently.
    Although I can do my fast days no problem, I find that I’m overeating on the feast days and it’s definitely a psychological self-sabotage. I’ve also had a few people say to me, after remarking on my weight loss, ‘You shouldn’t lose any more’ which I find disturbing – some of them say it in a mindless way, but with others (who are themselves a bit overweight) I think it’s a form of envy. It takes me back to my early teens when I was quite ‘curvaceous’ and received lots of attention/harassment from men, which freaked me out so that I semi-deliberately ate too much and put on weight, to stop the attention. I think something like that is going on for me now – I find it hard to get attention for my ‘new look’ and when that attention seems to have an undercurrent of envy, it’s causing me to self-sabotage.
    Phew, now that I’ve got that off my chest, perhaps I’ll find it easier to tone down my eating on the feast days. I suspect I might have put on weight this week, lots of choclate etc, but I just want to find some mental equilibrium and stay healthy and keep on with 5:2 for the long haul.
    Thanks for listening!

Morning all! Some really interesting stories on here the last few days – Peggy, I definitely have the same problem as you! My fast days are fine – I almost never go over my limit, usually comfortably under in fact. But my “off” days are the struggle, I find it difficult to just have one or two glasses of wine, that third one calls me and I can’t resist! And why have one piece of chocolate when there’s a whole bar there to be eaten?? Having said that, I’ve given myself a huge kick up the backside over the last few days and I think I’ve managed to refocus but it will be interesting to see how I go over the weekend, especially as we have friends round on Saturday…

IHAW, good luck with the thyroid issue and congrats on everything else! We’re all doing so well, we just need to carry on doing what we’re doing and NOT GIVE UP!

Hi Liz,

it’s reassuring to hear that someone else has had the same issue but can also get on top of it – the thing is, of course I feel physically (and mentally) better when I’m not filling my stomach to the brim, I feel so calm on my fast days, but seem to get a bit agitated on my feast days – too much choice. Anyway, like you I hope I can refocus from here on…

Peggy, look at the Gabriel method ( get book from library) or google Jon Gabriel for his website.
    Your reasons are exactly why your body won’t release the weight, and is keeping ‘ you safe’
    He has free mediations etc that you can use to re wire your brain that will ‘let you be safe from now on, and men goggling you will be ok ‘etc so your body releases the excess weight.

Well done though on what you have achieved so far, but you need to see the reason why you hold on to your weight ( and you know it, so you just have to work through that)
    Before maybe getting to your goal.

Everyone who has a serious weight issue has to look back and find out what was going on in their life when they started gaining the weight ( abuse, goggling, unhappy with work, etc and why your body wanted to keep you safe by adding fat layers)
    He is American but lives in Perth and he was 400lbs and once he had his a ha moment, he started losing weight from just eating well.
    But there was a reason he kept the weight on..no matter how many diets he did. Mr Atkins just screamed at him once, saying he was lazy. He wasn’t…
    It was his body protecting him from his boss who he hated,

Anyway, take a look, that might help,

HI Peggy,
    I’ve been thinking about what your friends have said about not losing any more, even though you’re not yet at your quite reasonable goal. Maybe as we as a society are all bigger, “normal” now seems a bit bigger too. So someone who is in the healthy weight range now looks “skinny” in comparison to a “normal” person. Keep aiming for your goal. Your body will thank you for it.
    Acknowledging our food issues and our own triggers is a great step in understanding ourselves and changing our behaviours. I wish you all the very best in reaching your goal.

Hi Peggy and Liz,

Isn’t it fascinating just how much our emotional mindsets affect our eating habits?
    When we examine our past issues with food, eating and our early years as young growing adolescents, it’s no wonder we often get skewed perceptions with our bodies and our appetites.

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if we could rewrite our relationship around food?
    Make it a lot more positive, rewarding and accepting?
    Create a happier, easier way to make friends with food?

When I’m feeling anxious or upset, I now find a lot of peace with daily meditation and letting go and forgiving those people and situations which cause me problems. I’ve found that I’m doing the same meditation technique around food and eating. These days I only eat when I’m hungry and sit in a calm and relaxed manner before eating. This allows me to really enjoy the whole taste, texture, colour and flavours of the food before me, as well as being able to feel my tummy when I’m full.

I hope you both start getting peace around your normal eating days, not just on the fast days! I care about you both and your health and well being! Sharing with us is a great way to express your feelings, but if you need more help don’t be scared to seek extra help with someone who can listen and work with you to move forward in a positive way (like a counsellor, life coach, naturopath, or doctor).

All the very best, take care.

Hi,

Hisory thus far – around 7 years ago I lost just under 30 kilos after having lap banding. As the dr advised at the time, the lap banding results aren’t life-long and after a period of time, you just stop loosing weight. I probably consume around 500- 600 calories on a normal day since lap band.

My son, god love him, who is into everything health-related terms this inability to loose more weight as ‘Metabolic adaption’….the body survives on less calories over time.

Now I am into my third week of The Fast Diet and have managed to put on 2 kilos…not impressed. I have decided I need to be very drastic in my calorie intake on my fast days and will have to limit my intake to somewhere around 100-125 calories per day. ARGHH!

Is there anyone else in the same situation?… and how do you manage to find anything outside of water, that constitutes 125 calories per day. I don’t know whether to just forgo breakfast altogether and just have a thin soup for dinner…its the only way forward for me that I can see, and of course there is still no guarantee it is going to work.

Further, I don’t want to spiral into further metabolic adaption and have absolutely no-where to go after that…except to gain weight.

Any advice would be a great help….

Hi:

No one can live for long on 600 calories a day – certainly not seven years. So my first suggestion is to start counting your calories. Really counting everything. Once you have done that for a week, you may have a better idea of what to do next.

Good Luck!

Hi Simcoeluv

Yep, you can. I have counted the calories,could be less some days.

I do have Muscular Dystrophy, so my mobility and excercise is severly restricted. I can walk for around 30 minutes on the flat, around two days per week. Any more than this is just too much.

Young:

Sorry, don’t buy it. A woman 5′ tall weighing 100 pounds has a TDEE of over 1200. Assuming the calculation is high, let’s say it is only 1000 calories a day just to live, no exercise at all.

A 400 calorie deficit would equal 2800 per week. Times 52 would equal 145,600 per year, or a 41 pound per year loss for 7 years, or about 280 pounds.

Hard to do.

Simcoeluv, what is your story / background. You seem to be on this site a lot and comment on quite a few of the threads that I read.

Youngone – is it possible for you to talk to your doctor about the best approach and whether 5:2 is a good thing to adopt? 🙂

Thanks MM and everyone else for your positive support. One of my problems I think is that I somehow stopped getting emails from this list a few weeks ago and I missed the motivational support – I won’t let that happen again.

Hi Vicki

My user name is ridiculous I’ve been thinking of changing it, my husband thinks I’m a bulldozer lol.
    Thanks for asking after him, he’s feeling much better after his heart surgery and is talking about starting IF again. Although he’d rather have a steak than miso soup lol.

Congratulations on your weight loss! I’ve still got along way to go, but I’m looking forwards not backwards.

Your exercise is great too, they say exercise releases as many endorphins as chocolate lol

Enjoy the rest of your day,
    Ella

I’ve been really struggling today. Monday was my birthday so I changed fast days to Tues/Thurs. I didn’t eat much yesterday as I wasn’t very hungry, and I’m paying for that today. I’ve been obsessing a bit about food today and it’s never far off my mind. Bring on tomorrow!! What I have learned in these 3 short weeks on 5:2 is that I’m not usually very hungry the day after my fast day, then I eat regular portions on the next day. The 2 or 3 day gap between fast days is what my body needs. I’ll try to keep it Mon/Thurs from now on.

Made it through without caving in. Just had brekkie and feel great!

Well, I lost half a kilo this week. Which is interesting as I’d had such the opposite state of mind/body, feeling sure I’d put on weight, that my abdomen was sticking out, etc. All very distorted body image – and I’ve never had big food issues (beyond what I think most of us have in the over-supplied society we live in). It’s challenging, in a good way, for me to have to think all this through and confront it. I think it’s been good for me to lose 8kg and then plateau for around seven weeks – that’s enough time for my body to catch up (you do keep losing size after you’ve lost the weight, if you know what I mean)and for my mind to catch up – though that’s still in process, obviously.
    Thanks everyone for the interesting suggestions yesterday – I’m moving forward again (and looking forward to 3 feast days where I will not feast too much!)

Peggy, like you I too have lost half a kilo this week after three weeks on the same weight, and yes I do understand what you mean about the mind and body catching up. Today is a special new weight for I have finally made it under BMI 40, so I am now no longer morbid obese, just plain obese. Very happy to have gone from BMI 45.9 to BMI 39.9 in under five months. 🙂

Now to move on with heading further down. Had a made two weeks of my cows calving with four sets of twins, this is not good as the cows leave the weaker calf, some survive and some do not. Have had two die, 🙁 have two I am hand rearing and the last one is looking after both her calves at present. 🙂

Have a great weekend everyone, cheers Charlie

Charlie, that’s brilliant, I hope you’re feeling proud of yourself. I think it’s a good thing to have those stable times to adjust yourself to the new size – but moving down is good too! Also hope your current calves survive!

Peggy I thought your post was really interesting. I hope you find some resources that can assist you with your journey. I see that a lot of people post things about how they feel psychologically on fast/non-fast days. None of us (probably) have a perfect relationship with food or self image.

However, from a psychological perspective, there is one thing that makes me far more resilient – a good nights’ sleep. I know it’s easier said than done, but I do try to protect sleep the night before a fast day.

Does anyone else have any other techniques for building mental resilience?

Hi everyone
    Like Peggy and Lizinoz I really struggle on my non-fast days. It’s as if the brakes are released and I can’t stuff enough in, especially on Thursdays.
    My problem has always been between-meal snacks and my preference is for fatty things like cheese or peanut butter sandwiches.
    Will definitely have a look at the Jon Gabriel site plus need to give that VERY weak muscle self-control more of a workout.
    Beautiful morning here in the Adelaide Hills so walked to the shops (abt 3km round trip). Should do it more often but can always find excuse like no time, looks like rain and other such weak stuff. As I said, my self-control muscle needs more exercise!
    Have a good weekend.

Hi Nicky,

I’ve stayed with a friend in the beautiful Adelaide Hills so can picture your location.
    I find it useful to buy lots of appealing fruit and I take that to work with me and have it on my desk for between-meals. It’s also useful to just not buy nice cheese – I tried to stop or at least cut right down on cheese and other dairy when I first got a raised cholesterol reading a few years ago (and my level did come back into normal range after I did that and also lost 1-2kg at the time.)
    In general I’m trying to cut down on eating between meals and I’m also trying to stay on my feet as much as possible (I work in a sit-down job)- when I get home from work, whereas in the past I might have slumped into a chair to read or gone to my computer to look on social media, now I make a conscious effort to stay up and doing things – gardening, tidying, dogwalking, cooking – I find it’s easier not to eat when I’m being active in that way.

Hello happy to find some Australian fasters
    Read this forum & very helpful for encouragement. Thanks. I am new to this.
    Have managed 3 fast days – not finding it difficult- so far. Interesting positive result that I actually feel a lot better already. I have just weighed in to find I have lost 2kg in 8 days.
    Amazed to find the day when I fast to be quite peaceful no clamouring what shall I eat next thoughts. I have lost 13 kg in the last year. Watching every calorie & exercising. failing beating self up gaining losing. Slowly. Another 32kg to go. I think this will be a very much easier way so I can stop thinking about food every day.
    It is a emotional & physical journey like others have said.
    Thanks again everyone

Welcome, 4health!

I feel the same way: I have lost weight before with a few different, well known methods and companies, and found the constant obsession with food/calories totally demoralising, boring for me and those closest to me.

In the two weeks since my first fast day, I have found a calmness and control that I never had with daily planning and restrictions. What a change in attitude!

I know this is a lifestyle, not a quick fix so I eat well on my feed days, guilt free if I overindulge and I exercise when I want to rather than when I ‘have’ to. Funny thing is, I don’t feel like over indulging like I did when I food-obsessed. And I am enjoying the exercise I choose to do, it’s never a chore.

I’m already down 2kg; I feel happier knowing I can truly be social and relaxed when i go out with friends/family and I am content to sit back and see what my body does next now that it’s got a chance to repair itself. Bring it on!

Exactly how I am feeling Teevizi calm & in control. So far anyway. Early days.
    Thanks for your reply
    Quite helpful to see what others are feeling doing & thinking.
    I hope that this might be an end to the ongoing battle I have been having with my body. Truce.
    No longer fighting maybe we can learn to like & respect each other. Sounds silly probably but I feel really confident now that this way of life might be the answer.
    Good luck to you & everyone on their journey
    Cheers

Hi Peggy, thanks for the tips.
    Being nearly 68 I now work 3 days/week (lucky still to have a job I love, I know) and fast Mondays and Wednesdays (work days). Thursdays – Sundays at home with retired husband and Thursdays is the worst. No amount of lovely fruit appeals over (say) toasted and buttered fruit bread or cheese sandwiches.
    Thursday was as bad as usual but gave myself a stern lecture and have kept busy since then. We don’t eat badly, lots of grills, veg &c; between meals the problem.
    Weight loss abt 1kg/month and TDEE roughly 2000 calories so should have plenty of wriggle room.
    I wear a Fitbit pedometer and average at least 60,000 steps weekly plus yoga, weights training, 3 x HIIT sessions each week. Incidental cricket and soccer games with grandchildren too. At least my pants are looser than they were so not all bad, just impatient, even though I know this is a life-long (and even longer life) marathon.

Hi all,
    A flat week on the scales for me, but have lost a cm or two here or there. Looking forward to a week without birthday cake, champagne or chocolate. Well, not really, but those things are not great for weight loss. 🙂
    I read FastExercise last week. I’m not sure where to start, so I’ll be reading it again this week to come up with a plan that will hopefully suit me. I am drawn to the HIIT as I’ve never liked exercise for exercise’s sake so am hoping this will be effective for me and maybe enjoyable too. Those of you who also do HIIT, what do your routines look like?

Hi MM
    My HIIT routines are pretty much out of the book, except I do mine on a rower. I bought it instead of an exercise bike some time ago because I feel it gives one a better all-over workout.
    Currently I do Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays: 20s flat out, followed by 40s slower rowing to recover and repeat two more times. That is, about 5 minutes warm up, 3x(20s flat out, 40s recovery), about 5 minutes cool down.
    My weight loss is slow but gradual (3kg in abt 6 weeks) but my waist has shrunk 5cm and pretty sure my hips/thighs have too although I don’t measure them, because my work trousers are distinctly looser.
    About 7 months ago I had the second of my arthritic knees replaced so now feel like a new woman and have recovered my energy.
    Until my knees caused problems I was always pretty active and have played sports and been a bushwalker and cyclist all my life. In that respect I guess I am lucky that I have only been fat for the last 15 years and exercise is not repellent.
    As a concept, HIIT has been around for a long time in elite athletics training so there’s also lots of information on the internet, with a mind-boggling array of combinations and permutations. You don’t need any equipment and can run on the spot or up and down stairs.
    I hope you enjoy your HIIT routines and you will see from the book that time saved is a wonderful advantage.

Thanks NickyF. I think I just need to start one very simple HIIT routine, and all will become clearer as I go along. It’ll definitely be a 20sec burst as my fitness levels are quite low at the moment.

Hello all, its good to read your posts. Since being on the 5:2 I have cut right back on bread. When I eat it I find my stomach bloats and I feel sick. Does anyone else have this problem. Tomorrow I get my blood test results so I am interested to see how they are. I shall also get weighed at the Dr. It’s the only time I get on the scales. Hope everyone has a good week, fast day for me tomorrow which I look forward to after the weekend

Happy Monday all.
    I hope everyone enjoyed their weekends. Mine was lovely, quite social but I managed a couple of walks. Entering my 4th week now with my 7th fast. This morning was my weigh in and I have lost another kilo in the last week so I am very happy. Long may it continue. I was looking forward to the fast today and I am hoping I can drop a bit more before I take a break in a couple of weeks for Birthday, easter and a holiday.
    NickyF – I like the sound of your HIIT routine as we have a rower at home so I might give this a bit of a go. I am planning on getting the book to find out more about it. Melbourne Mum sounds like you are doing really well and you need to relax, indulge and celebrate the birthday, sounds like it was lovely.
    Hope all goes well with the blood test today mygirl and on the scales.
    Happy fasting to all who are.
    A.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,051 through 1,100 (of 28,018 total)

You must be logged in to reply.