Hello! Newbie with a question

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  lulubagins 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hi all!
    Just started the fast diet today (with a raging hangover…not ideal!)

I’ve planned to just wait until the evening to have one <500 cal meal. But I have had a couple of cups of tea this morning (with milk). And now I quite fancy another! I will count the milk in the calorie total for the day but does drinking the tea with milk sabotage the effects of fasting? as it raises insulin? Or will it not gave too much of an effect in my first couple of weeks while I get used to fasting?

Thanks in advance! I’m really excited for this, strangely! X

putting a splash of milk in your tea or even multiple teas will not be a game-changer. I put lots of skimmed milk in my coffee in the morning everyday to no ill effect. That’s like worrying about spending pennies when the big concern is saving pounds/dollars.

What do you plan for your one big meal today? Keep protein in your diet to stave off hunger pangs.
    Good luck, lulu. Post your results.

Thank you!
    I’m planning a big omelette with spinach, mushrooms and feta! Salivating at the thought!
    I keep getting waves of nausea…but that might be all the beer I drank yesterday as opposed to fasting! ☺️
    It’s been easier than I thought so far…just a couple more hours until teatime.
    I really hope this ends up working for me and being my thing as categorically gave up dieting a few years ago but would like to lose a stone or so.
    How long have you been fasting?

Okay, first fast day done

Yesterday morning: 10 Stone 9…
    This morning: 10 Stone 6.5

As they say, it’s probably all water but pretty encouraging after just one fast day!! x

lulu, my husband and I have been Fasting for 5 years. We lost the weight in about 7 months and have been maintaining ever since. We maintain by still doing 2 600-calorie Fasts/week.
    You will find that weight gains and losses sometimes lag in registering on the scales, but you HAVE lost weight, you got through your first day! Hooray!
    I weigh daily, just to stay on top of little weight spikes that might happen on Slow Days.
    Good luck.

Hi lulubagins
    I started my first fast day yesterday and have a similar starting weight to you (10 stone 13). I managed to stay under 500cals which actually wasn’t too bad 🙂 weighed myself this morning and I’m down by 2 pounds yay! Not eaten anything yet today so contemplating a 2 day fast but don’t want to push it on my first week. May just eat healthily without counting calories then do another fd after the weekend.
    Let me know how you get on, I’m hoping to lose half a stone in the next 6 weeks before a christening. Got a wedding invite and a holiday in August so would love to be at least a stone lighter or more by then.
    Good luck.

Hi AngieLu!
    Well done on your first day! And I was the same, i totally thought I’d be so eager to eat in the morning the day after my fast but I could have taken or left it!

I was supposed to do my other fast day today but my boyfriend and I decided to go on a trip to Cornwall for some surfing so I got nervous i’s Feel too weak and had breakfast. I am here tomorrow too but I am just going to go for it!

My brother gets married on 16th June so I would like to be under 10 stone (for the first time in my adult life!!) before then! then my boyfriend and I are going away for two weeks so I want to feel confident in my cossie (again, that will be a first!!!)

Best of luck for today and if the fast just doesn’t feel right you can always start again another day this week xxx

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.