Hello! Newbie looking for pointers!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body General health
Hello! Newbie looking for pointers!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  QuietOne 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi All,

I’ve recently become involved in fitness as I’m working on a project on it – an event this July.

Throughout the project, we’ll be producing articles and other types of commentary to appeal to followers and newcomers of fitness.

I thought it would be a good idea to get your opinions on these as you are likely to know a lot more than me on the matter quite frankly!

Of course, I will aim to respect all forum rules – thanks and look forward to your comments!

Cristina

1. 5:2 is NOT a diet, if know they called it that because it’s easier to sell diet books than it is a Pattern of Eating Book That Will Change Your Life. 5:2 is a pattern of eating that you take up, basically for the rest of your life. It is doable. Sustainable. It works. It don’t cost you a bundle to get on with.
    2. Getting fit doesn’t get you thin necessarily. I know a guy that classifies as obese than regularly runs marathons. He is fit for sure. But yes he is definitely overweight. Sure he can bench press 210 and curl 40lbs with each arm but he’s still overweight.
    3. Fasting will get you healthier. It will get you thin(ner) which will make it much easier to get fit if that is what you want. Don’t worry about exercise, don’t stress about it, don’t blast at it like you’re going through BUD training. A comfortable walk once a day is enough.
    4. It’s all about the FASTING.
    5. 5:2 isn’t FAST. It is steady. If you consume less energy than you expend you will loss weight. Stone fact.
    6. If you don’t tweak 5:2 for you, to fit you and how you live, your work, your home life, your social life, your overall life then you will not stay with it. It has to be as easy as breathing.

I do 5:2 (my version of it) for the health benefits. I’ve gotten those in spades in the last 14 (almost) months and more to come I’m sure. The weight loss is a free bonus I get for fasting. I like free stuff.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.