Hello – had a bit of a bumpy start

This topic contains -1 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Your Happy Place 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hello all. I started this 2 weeks ago and planning to fast on Mondays and Thursdays. First week was great. although I obsessed a bit about how many calories I had on my non fast days. I lost 4 lbs so was pleased. Then we went away for a long weekend and I missed my Monday fast day so did it on the Tuesday. Since then I’ve had problems with elderly parents and it’s all been very stressful, and I’m just so hungry all then time and turning to food for comfort. Just how I was before I started really. I weighed this morning and have put back on 2 lbs so feeling pretty cross and upset with myself.

Life happens, the beauty of this way of eating is that you can change fast days, you can have a day ‘off’ if there are celebrations or stressful events…just get back into it again, & don’t worry. When you’ve done 5:2 a little while you’ll have more of an idea of how much you can eat on FDs & nonFDs which hopefully will help with not obsessing about cals. If you have more bad days where you’re comfort eating you can always try an extra FD if you can do it. But don’t get cross with yourself or give up, we’ve all been there! ☺

Good luck. The struggle of the pursuit of overall wellness is a lotta mental and time management. Take deep breath and invest time ..a lil here…a lil there and you will build up time slots for healthy focused things to do. You can est healthy.. Read on healthy stuff… Exercise… Stretch… Walk.. Swim.. Meditate.. Yoga… Cycle.. Anything health related. Good luck. You will do well.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.