Hello from Western Australia

This topic contains 0 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mr Data 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi Everyone

I started the 5:2 on 04 January, have been diligently counting calories on FDs, but am disappointed at not having more success at this stage – after 12 FDs.
    I was hoping to be 3kg lighter after 6 weeks, but am down less than 2 kg according to today’s weigh in.

Would be most grateful to receive any information or advice based on other members’ experiences.

Thank you in advance!

Hi innyanga,

I’m sorry you haven’t yet had as much success as you would like so far.

My only advice would be to not give up and to keep at it. The fact that you have already lost some weight is obviously positive and as long as you stick with it the process should work. I’ve been doing the 5:2 for just over 10 years now and it definitely needs to be considered as a marathon and not a sprint. Looking back at my data I can see it took me 6 months to initially lose all the weight I wanted to, where-as it had taken me 10 years to gradually put that weight on.

You may find the links below useful to see the most common questions and concerns people have when they first start doing 5:2.

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/warnings-to-newbies/

The other thing I would say it that one’s weight definitely fluctuates quite a lot from day to day. I think I’m fairly unusual in having decided to weigh myself every day rather than just once a week, but the benefit has been that I’ve seen how it can vary considerably and you may simply have been unlucky that on the day you weighed in it was one of the heavier days within a general progression where your weight is going down.

I hope this helps a bit and the very best of luck with it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.