Hello folks

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• New to this. Been doing the fast diet for a couple of months. It’s going really well but I have no real expertise. Keen to learn from you. x

Welcome Time4change 🙂

During your 2 months on this Way Of Eating, I bet you have already learnt a lot through your own experience! 🙂

Let us know what your goals are and more detail on how you’ve been going, as well as any aspects of your story that you would be happy to share.

As you will have seen, there is LOTS of info in the forum, so have a good look around and use the search facility to find specific things of interest.

Best wishes as you continue your journey 😀
    Sassy

Hey Time4Change! I did see you around before somewhere, I remember your name. Like Sassy, said, we want mooooore! “It’s going really well” fine, but just how well? 😉 Did you lose weight? Feel better? What’re your goals?

Spill the beans!

Hi Sassy and Nika,

Sorry for the confusion. My friend was starting to log on the other morning on my laptop but didn’t realise she was logged on under my name. I’ve been logging mainly under Annette’s thread for the December challenge although I’m not on every day. My friend is doing well and says she may join our fastfriends. My 22 year old son is also following this WOL and has lost 14lbs. Officially I’m Team Coach :)I’m also providing support and encouragement to my 83 year old Father who has lost 33lbs and has had a huge effect on his breathing (has COPD), suppleness and energy levels. My Dad isn’t following 5:2 and is on a bit of a plateau. He’s thinking about it as an approach to weightloss too. Health a bit of a focus in my gang 🙂

Wow, you’re a fasting family!

And oh well, confusion smusion *shrug*. But you’ve been also logging as annette52 (or something)? I guess it doesn’t matter that much.

Good news, especially about your Father’s COPD. I’m curious though, who is this Father and who is Dad then? Or did you mean Grandfather for the first? :p You’re really one for confusing people aren’t you?

Hi Nika,

I’ve only been logging in as me (T4C) until my friend with insomnia obviously tried to post but didn’t get the technicalities right. I haven’t been logging AS Annette52 (though she’s a fine person to emulate :)) but have been mainly posting ON her thread about scales and measuring with the Christmas challenge. Father and Dad are the same person. Hope I’ve cleared that up.Yes we are doing our best to lose weight and be healthier. It’s good to have each other to check in with and get support and a good old moan at times too.

How are things with you Nika?

Aaah I was confused because it sounded like Father lost 33lb on the WOL but Dad doesn’t follow it 😛

But yes, thanks for clearing all that up!

I’m okay, currently have a massive cold so didn’t work out yesterday. Feel a bit guilty about that, but exerting your body too much when it’s fighting off germs may not be the best thing. I’ve started feeling better today though, so depending on how I feel tonight I may do my workout of the day..
    So far I’ve lost 28.6 pounds. I want to lose around 66 in total, so have a ways to go, but am hoping to reach the halfway marker during my weigh-in the 15th! I have 6,5 weeks to go before my parents come visit me and I want to lose as much as I still can before then to baffle them a bit 😉

Thanks for asking!

Wow Nika – that’s some rate of weightloss. Respect! Sorry you’re not feeling so good. I was away from the gym for about a week with a sinus infection and really felt out of sorts. I usually walk home afterwards as well so really missed it. It’s so good for the head don’t you think? Good luck the weightloss. Hope you continue to lose well and get to baffle your parents 🙂 It’s so good when we are with people who have not seen us for a while and they can really notice the change. That happened to me last night – my friends had me do a “twirl” and said some lovely things. 26lbs down and about 50 to go. I do believe I can do it with this WOL. The positivity on this forum is catching. cheery bye for now 🙂

Thanks! ^^ I made the “mistake” of updating my profile picture on FaceBook… so now they won’t be as baffled as if I hadn’t done that 😛 But oh well.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.