Hello

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Puny 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• So, I’ve ordered the book, read all the FAQs and am ready to go! But I have questions about non-fasting days. I assume I can’t go mad and eat everything in sight, what do people eat on normal days?

Hoping to get started next week, worried about being hungry because I love my food! Would like to lose a stone or so.

Any advice welcome 🙂

Hello Nelly and welcome,
    ive been doing this lifestlye for over a year now and have lost 40.5lbs to date, my advice would be…

take measurements from all over.

drink plenty on fast days and do what you can managed, some eat as late as they can taking most of their cals in an evening meal so they dont go to bed hungry, others spread it over the day, find what works for you, there is no right or wrong way of doing it.

give it time to work, not everyone sees results straight away.

eat what you want on a feed day not everything in sight, be sensible.

in answer to your question i eat mostly the same meals i used to on feed days just not as much.

best of luck! and do keep posting there is so much advice and help to be found here xx

Thank you 🙂 I’m not good at going for long periods without food so I might have to ‘graze’ through the day. All good advice, look forward to starting x

keep us posted on your progress Nelly, good luck on your first day xx

Welcome and good luck

Hi! I bought the book and read it from cover to cover. Started a couple of weeks ago and fortunately have found it pretty easy to cope with, having plenty of water, black coffee and occasional herbal teas on fast days. I haven’t even been tempted to eat more than usual on non-fast days because I am really desperate to loose weight and inches.

Historically I was always known as “Skinny Lizzie” and easily dropped back to 9 and a half stone after each pregnancy without even trying.

I am disabled but am able to get about a little with the help of a wheeler walker with a seat but do need to use a wheel-chair some of the time.

My weight escalated massively when I started Steroid treatment for PMR four years ago – from a size 16 to 22 almost over-night. I now weigh fourteen stone and the additional weight has not “dropped off once the steroid dosage is reduced” as my GP promised. The usual range of diet clubs and on-line diets have done nothing – and I mean nothing – so the GP suggested 2:5 which I commenced with glee. It seemed so logical and relatively easy. Breakfast according to the suggestions in the book at about 8am no food during the day until 8pm when we had the planned low calorie meal. I wasn’t even particularly hungry, just a bit peckish.

At the start of week two I mounted the scales with expectation. I had put on a pound! I am determined to carry on for at least 3 months to “give it a chance” but I did think it funny in a way.

Glad to hear that others have also had difficulty with lack of results as my GP assured me that he knew many people who had achieved spectacular but sensible weight loss. My fingers are crossed.

hi and welcome lizzy
    glad to hear your not put off by the 1lb gain, i would suggest giving this plan at the very least 3 months as a fair test for weight loss, your body will need time to adjust to your new eating plan, best of luck and keep posting xx

Thanks for the replies, it’s so good to have some support, I have tried other ‘diets’ as well but see this as an alternative eating plan, something that you live with, I’ll give it a go anyway.

Hoping Mr Postie delivers my book today so I can start reading and hope to join you all very soon 🙂

Hopefully it will be with you soon

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.