Hello

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  bigbooty 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hello fasters, I’m new here, just finished my 2nd fast day of week 1- very excited to see results, particularly weight loss, more clarity and focus, and of course, living long and well! Wish me luck!

Hello im new to this lifestyle as well. Does anyone know if shakes as in optifast or something similar are ok on fast days. Im trying to troubleshoot for days when im not organised with planned meals and to use as the odd substitute work lunch.

Hi sarjhen and welcome:

5:2 is a calorie based diet, not a food based diet. You can eat any foods you want on both your diet and non diet days. Many find eating one evening meal high in fat and protein works best, while some fine eating nothing at all works well for them.

Here is most of the information you will need to get the most from 5:2: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

sarjhen,

Sim is correct. Having said that Im not a big fan of smoothies and protein shakes etc. You completely lose any sense of portion size. Most protein shakes are made from whey protein which is a pretty poor protein as far as proteins go. Relatively high simple carb content as well as sugar content. It will spike your insulin production which is not what you want if your primary aim is to lose weight. My wife was taking a “protein” shake from a well know weight loss company. About 35% sugar content. Crazy.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.