hello

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Angie090465 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I’ve been doing IF for 3 weeks now and reading here for most of that time, so thought that I would introduce myself. I’m a 40something year old woman in the US.

what I love about IF:
    -the 10 lbs I’ve lost in the past 3 weeks! Also, I have a waist again!
    -the way I feel in my body, on fast days and regular days
    -my reaction to food has mysteriously shifted, from “have to have that” to enjoying it and eating in moderation
    -it feels natural, not restrictive, and something I will be happy to continue for life.

what I love about this forum compared to other diet forums:
    -people are supportive
    -the diversity, with people from all over and of all ages
    -the attitude is flexible. People seem open to trying different things (limiting carbs, not limiting carbs, alternate day fasting, 16:8, 500 cal on fast days, no cal on fast days, etc). On most forums I’ve seen there is one very specific way to eat or else you’re Doing It Wrong.
    -there is a sensible, gentle moderate approach to the whole thing. Emphasis on patience and the long haul and realistic healthy goals

I have another 30 or 40 lbs to lose and am feeling very encouraged about the whole thing. Looking forward to joining in with the community here!

hi there Kilda and welcome to the forum!!

well done on your loss so far, that’s great!! you have explained everything that’s so lovely about 5.2 better than I could lol, so keep at it and let us know how you are getting on!!

🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.