heath benefits of 4:3 over 5:2

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  beejay 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• under the 5:2 regime your body goes into ‘reopair’ mode 6 times in 3 weeks. under the 4:3 regime it’s 6 times in 2 weeks. so does thsat make the 4:3 regime 50% faster in achieving the health benefits of intermnittant fasting ? or are not all fasting days equal ?

Good question @bbt but I’d guess like everything else it will depend on the individual and their level of health when starting.

Sorry – that’s not very helpful but I doubt if there is a definitive answer.

I have slowed down weight loss on 5:2. I am thinking about going to a 4:3 model for a month to see what happens. Wonder what days of week are recommended on 4:3? I like Monday and Thursday, but trying to see what makes sense. Any ideas out there?

Hi earlybird199, I’m currently doing it and am finding it ok. Some waves of hunger but they pass. My blood work was terrible so I just want to push my body into healing and getting healthier. In the documentary, Michael did a 3 1/2 day 4 night fast with the same results as when he did the 5:2 for 5 weeks. So I don’t want to do that but I thought I’d give the 4:3 a go and maybe even ADF after that. The weigh loss is secondary to getting healthy blood ranges. I’m choosing Monday, Wednesday and Fridays for the fast. I’ll also be mindful of not overeating on the normal days. I’ve had three years of poor body maintenance and want to get healthy and live a long life. I did 5:2 for my first week and am now doing the 4:3 for my second. I want to get my blood tested in 4-6 weeks to see if there is any improvement. Are you still doing the 4:3?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.