Health Concerns

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  MaryAnn 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• I need advise. I have my FAST days on Monday and Thursday every week. I usually go to dinner without eating. Is that too long of a fast? Am I putting more stress on myself by going that long? During the week I eat 500 calories on FAST days and 1,200 on NON fast days.
    Also, does anyone else feel lethargic and really out of it or NON fast days? I’ve been 5:2 for 4 weeks and lost 4 pounds, but I’m not feeling quite right and wondering if I’m pushing too hard.

Thanks so much for your guidance.

I did the same thing on my fast days, eat nothing until the evening and then consume all my 500 calories in one go. I am sure it is not bad for your health, as long as you are not diabetic.

I actually believe it is healthy to give your body a break from having to digest food.

Stef.

@epickrisjames: The figures that you give, if correct, indicate that you’re taking in a total of (5 x 1,200) + (2 x 500) = 7,000 calories a week, which averages (obviously) 1,000 calories per day.

Even for a relatively small woman with a slower than average metabolism, that seems like aggressive calorie restriction. It’s not surprising that you’re “not feeling quite right”.

Actually, NofOne is right. I missed the point that you are only eating 1200 calories on your non fast days. Why only 1200?

As NofOne and Stef. have said, 1200 is a bit low. Have you calculated your TDEE?

I find I need to be a bit careful about what I eat to break my fast on a non-fast day. Anything too carby or too heavy is bad. Usually I have a soft-boiled egg for breakfast (on fast and non-fast days), and I get less of that lethargic and bloated feeling.

4 lbs in 4 weeks is brilliant. Keep up the good work!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.