Have had type 2 diabetes for about 5 years

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Medical conditions and fasting
Have had type 2 diabetes for about 5 years

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Matrika 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• I am wondering if I should start on this diet, or a variation of it.
    Any recommendation, case histories, comments?

My current medication:
    3 x 500mg diabex (metformin)
    2 x 60mg diamicron
    1 x 100mg Januvia

Weight 79kg, height 177cm, male, age 78.
    Morning (fasting) blood glucose : about 9 to 11.
    Last HbA1C (Sept 2015): about 8.

Hi Ozlingua, if you type ‘diabetes’ into the search box at the top right hand of the screen, and click on the magnifying glass, you’ll find so many things to read that people with diabetes have written on the forum. Good luck!

Hi Cinque,
    Thank you!. Yes, I have done that and tried searching each medication name plus I have scanned many of the posts also. I guess I was hoping to get a new response.

Ok Ozlinga, glad you got all that. Hopefully there are people here now who will respond! Best wishes

I just read this by Michael Mosely, went looking for his new book and found this article which may be of interest if you are type 2 diabetic too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3404259/Eat-beat-diabetes-just-eight-weeks-s-life-changing-diet-help-avoid-reverse-Type-2-diabetes-best-s-tasty-way-health.html

Thank you Matrika. A very interesting article. I have just saved it as a PDF and will read it again more slowly as soon as I have time, and also will try and find the book and will follow the links given (the Newcastle Uni link looks very hopeful).

Thank you again.

You are welcome ozlinga…The book is available in Australia now. 🙂
    I think the Newcastle Uni mentioned may be in the UK but not sure of that…
    I am off my metformin now and my Hba1C is normal range. GP unfortunately refuses to believe I have reversed my diabetes but I am giving her time to adjust! 🙂
    I have great difficulty finding a GP who will keep up and keep current…I think they are too busy to read, unfortunately, so I am now largely self managing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.