Grateful..

This topic contains 26 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  rockyromero 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

• Grateful for the last wisps of a summer breeze on a hot day, overlooking the river, amidst an active city, and with people at peace.

..and my wife in my fast life.

Grateful for a wonderful vacation with family & now back with energy to start off the last quarter.

Grateful for an opportunity to meet neighbors at an outdoor hi-rise 61 floor rooftop for an outdoor movie.

First time ever.

The movie was Transporters 3. We cheered when Chicago was shown on the screen. Cheered even louder when our building was shown.

Now Transporters 4 is being filmed around the city, and it’s possible that in future years, we will see this movie on the rooftop.

It’s possible.

Oh yes, free popcorn was made available to us.

Grateful that my wife and I, since we are both doing the 5:2 fast, are also experiencing closer moments together.

➰

u must b very proud

we wish both the best

Grateful and thankful to be alive.

A great workout helped me realize that today.

I can now face tough challenges and decisions ( and disappointments) in my business life.

It’s great to have this support system and improving health to feel strong going forward.

➰

Grateful for a warm Autumn day in Chicago.

We know cooler weather is coming.

For now, fasting, with plenty of water, gum and mints and cleaned up ready for the Chicago marathon tomorrow.

I’ll run some but mostly cheer 40,000 plus runners passing by our building.

Everyone wants good health.

There is a price for it.

➰

Grateful for a wall to throw plates at when I’ve got the Hungry Nasties.

Grateful for a sewing machine to take my pants in.

Grateful for skinny kids when I did my best to make them fat.

Grateful I’m not part of the lard-arse epidemic any more.

Good luck with that marathon Rocky.

Wow! How was the marathon Rockyromero? I am so impressed, I wouldn’t even run 100 yards!

Grateful for a beautiful Indiana Fall.

Grateful for amazing family and friends…who have (also) seen and acknowleged that this Fast Diet is working. I’d love them anyway…but their positive comments have really been icing on the cake πŸ™‚

Grateful to an over One Stone loss now!

Grateful for soon-to-be-slipping into another size down…and a bit closer to being back into those black leather trousers (my Christmas goal).

Grateful to all of you for being supportive!

@ruthi
    “How was the marathon ”

The Chicago Marathon allowed both the male and female runners to set race first place records and have a big payday. The weather and course were ideal.

My wife and I were more in a support and cheering role and I did log in running steps.

My days of doing the full marathon are over, since I train differently during the year with doing stairs, sprints, and strengthening.

I both admired and empathized with the runners for their efforts. Most feel that running alone is the path to wellness, as I used to think. On the streets, after the race, many of the runners could barely walk and it would be days for full recovery.

It’s a sweet and bitter victory.

Grateful to support their efforts and to having completed countless marathons in the past.

Fasting is my new marathon.

➰

Carla

“Grateful to an over One Stone loss now!”

yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations USA!!! That’s wonderful news.

Agree Rocky, fasting is the new marathon πŸ™‚

In my 14th week and as I’m still not weighing to avoid it leading to sabotage, I’m basically checking just by trying on smaller clothes. Great excitement today as I fitted into a classic black “small” top for the first time since on my honeymoon in 2000. I’ve been testing it for the last month and today I’m there, with it even sitting properly above the elbows. Yiiiiiipeeee indeed.

HeatherFast,

i was actually congratulating carla who i think is adf’er

but now that i think of it i’ve lost 26 lbs so

it is way over a stone=14lbs so really yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!

close 2 stones wooooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooo!!!

i actually weigh myself every day & try 2 guess oh i bet it is 5lbs higher or .5 lower it does not bother me psychologically because i know as u said

“as I fitted into a classic black β€œsmall” top for the first time since on my honeymoon in 2000” congraaaaaaats!!!!!!

in the long run we all will get there

we no longer have a lifestyle where we obsess over weight anymore or spend $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

we r all just chilling along w/ life

happy nonfastdays & fastdays or 4/2/1 or 3/3/1 or adf w/1 or 6/1 πŸ˜€

Sometimes being grateful for important news is more special.

The phrase, “It’s benign” has it’s own connotations and relief.

Yes, I’m grateful today.

➰

Oh wow Rocky, I can imagine news like that can make you really grateful!

I’m grateful to live in a country and environment that is supportive, and in a city, Chicago, that just works.

Perhaps collectively we can feel for the hardships that the Phillippines is enduring.

Water and food and the basics are disparately needed.

I’m starting to hear of courageous acts there.

➰

Upcoming Thanksgiving week with dinner with family.

I’m grateful to be connected with everyone here and for the ongoing inspiration.

Thank you.

➰

A grateful world is a happy world.

http://www.ted.com/talks/david_steindl_rast_want_to_be_happy_be_grateful.html

His message: Stop, Look, and Go.

➰

Grateful that all you lovely people bring smiles and laughter, inspiration and motivation to keep me going x

Nice. Grateful that one step leads to another. You would like Jill Bolte Taylor’s “My Stroke of Insight”.

I went with my neighbor to an annual Christmas event and enjoyed the moments.

I’m grateful for the message of peace that was shared.

Peace.

➰

Grateful that the world is better than the apocalyptic world that is portrayed in the movie Noah.

➰

Grateful for my wonderful family.
    Grateful for my health.
    Grateful for my beautiful morning walks with my lovely dog Ruby.
    Grateful for finding this new way of life and what seems to be a very friendly and supportive forum.

Kits πŸ™‚

Grateful that I can wake up to a sunny day.

Grateful that I can wake up.

Grateful that I can.

Grateful.

➰

It’s occurred to me that most people run out of GAS in their lives.

The amount of GAS in peoples lives is a reflection of how well they are doing.

Consider this?

If we are to believe on the 80/20 rule, then 20% of the population is much better off than the other 80%?

I think it’s true.

Why is that?

There are many reasons. Fundamentally it’s a function of the amount of GAS that people have.

I welcome your response to this.

β˜‘οΈ Gratefulness.

β˜‘οΈ Asking correctly.

β˜‘οΈ Satisfied with the results.

➰

Grateful for the decisions to liberate the world 70 years ago by the greatest generation.

It was a pivotal moment.

We are who we have become because of others.

I’m thankful and hope to live up to those standards.

➰

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply.