Got the tea shirt!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  annette52 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Well every aspect of the 5-2 diet worked for me big thanks to Michael Mosley for the TV show and the book! I started my diet on 16 December 2014 I was at the time 14.2 stone, I hit my target weight of 11.5 stone to day whoop whoop! which is the same weight I was at 21 am now 57. I decided to fast 2 days on the trot Monday & Tuesday, was a bit hard at first but eventually became a way of life now I just get on with it!
    I have decided to continue down to 11 stone then just fast one day a week and monitor my weight and see what happens!
    I do feel good about the weight loss but there is one draw back it did reveal an inguinal hernia in my lower abdomen we think the fat has been holding it back for some time, just a theory.
    The whole process has been a real wake up call and made me realy aware of what I put in my mouth I might add that I did eat and drink pretty much chat wanted on none fat days! But did have the odd restrained day during the week!
    Well iv’e watched the program read the book and be happy to wear the T shirt if there was one!
    Good luck to all my fellow faster’s

I always thought a T shirt would be a great idea, and a way to advertise it. I may design one to get on Cafe Press. I think you can do that.
    Super congrats on reaching your goal!

Thanks for tip I will take a look !

I am a week into the diet and am really enjoying it. I still am a little cautious as to whether it works so reading success stories is motivational. Congratulations Artizanman your story is amazing, you must be over the moon.

Could you offer me some advice/reassurance? I am fasting Mondays and Thursdays and choosing healthy options on non-fasting days however come Saturday evening, we always go out for dinner and have wine. Can this still work for me? Of course I will aim to choose sensible options from the menus and already notice that I reach a full feeling much sooner…..but it’s the wine!!!! ;0)

Congratulations again – great story!

Well Ner1993 i have been doing it or 6 months, it worked for me the proof is in the “pudding” no pun intended,and yes i ate pudding as well on none fat days all the way through the 6 months I drank on none fast days” every day of an evening more than is recommended i should say my poison is scotch & water, the key for me was fasting two days on the trot which am still doing till i get to 11st then I intend to drop of to one days fast and monitor weight don’t want to go bellow 11 good look!!!

Well done Artizanman. My husband aged 55 (5ft 9″) has been doing this for 12 weeks starting at around 15 and half stone and he’s down to 12st 13. He fasts 2 days a week and to be honest rarely eats up to his TDEE on non fast days. I think giving up the beer for a while has helped although he partakes of a malt whisky most nights. I know exercise doesn’t really contribute to weight loss but he’s caught that bug too! He uses a weight bench and the exercise bike (which I reckon is starting to look a bit worse for wear!)and we do a lot of walking. He’s aiming for 12st as any lower he wouldn’t look healthy and besides he’s spending a fortune on new clothes as it is. Imagine £150 for 2 pairs of jeans I could fill my wardrobe for that! It has taken me almost twice as long to lose 2st but I intend to keep going with the 2 day fasts and perhaps treating myself more on the non fast days as I don’t want to get too thin! Life is wonderful when you you’re reaching for the size 10/12 and you realise you haven’t seen this weight since your early 20’s.

Well done you both keep at it! Am aiming for just under 11st just so i can say i weigh 10st something then perhaps fast one day a week to maintain it! At that point ill chuck the wardrobe out and have a makeover lol one thing i did not change thought the diet was booze intake but i only ever drink Glen moray whisky with a drop of water so no nastys mixers anyways hay – ho keep at it…chris

Charity shops are wonderful for new clothes. They are often in good condition, quite different things from what is on the high street and a fraction of the price. I started using them 2 years ago as I lost weight and changed shape. I take back those things that no longer fit as I have lost inches and lbs and have donated much of my original wardrobe.

Cheers Chris and good luck with getting to the 10st something. My husband was a beer drinker although he always has a bottle of malt in the cupboard. I think the beer caused his weight gain but he doesn’t seem to miss it. Annette whilst we’ve donated all of our things to charity my husband wouldn’t wear anything second hand. I suspect that he’s like a lot of men in that respect. I on the other hand am not a clothes snob and I don’t have a problem with it. I have little pangs of regret when I give away something really nice that I’ve been waiting to get into and it’s now too big but I like to think someone will benefit from having it. I love the whole idea of recycling.

It had never occurred to me that someone who was losing such a lot of weight in such a short time wouldn’t use charity shops, but each to his own. Like you, I could fill my wardrobe for the price of 2 pairs of jeans, but then that is up to him.
    Two summers ago I bought loads of clothes in the sale and kept them all with their labels on as I wasn’t sure that they would fit me before the date to return them expired.I was right, they all went back and I then started using charity shops to bridge the gap and then found such complete gems at a fraction of the price that I still look in. I love wearing good quality clothes(at full price would be a struggle to afford) that both suit and fit me, rather than the tat in the shops. I have also been sad to take back something lovely that is too big, but I have had both the enjoyment of wearing it and the joy that it is too big. It really is recycling.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.