Going to try this out!!! I need to lose 10kgs ugh

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Going to try this out!!! I need to lose 10kgs ugh

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  mandl 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Hi everyone, im on a mission to lose 10kgs by the end of November. Over last year i have gained so much of weight that i am now 60kgs for a petite 1.54cm height. I am beyond frustrated because i started going back to gym in April this year and all it did was make me gain 3 kgs more,i initially was 57kgs before getting back to gym. My goal weight is 50kgs and i work out like 5 times a week. I eat around 1200 calories per day. I have not lost anything and my smaller size clothing no longer fits me,every morning i have this heavy like feeling in my body and i hate it so much. I dont have any health concerns that could be stalling my weight loss and i eat pretty healthy. I am starting this fasting today actually including my workout later. Anybody else wanting to lose weight before December?

Hi Meli and welcome:

Exercise often causes weight gain. Here are some tips for those just starting 5:2: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/ Number 5 addresses exercise.

There is a ‘Christmas Pledge’ thread with many trying to lose before December.

Good Luck!

Hi Melishaxoxo

For 5’1″ a 10kg weight loss is probably excessive & you are only just “overweight” for your height with a BMI of 25.3 You are probably not eating anywhere near enough each day especially if you are working out & very physically active regularly. 1200 calories is not enough for your body to function properly you don’t want to risk osteoporosis in later life for example.

Have you read the 5:2 book & worked out your TDEE (at the top of the page)? I suggest you do if you haven’t already. I worked it out roughly on the information you’ve given I put your age at 25 as you don’t mention it. Your TDEE is about 1979 calories – this is the number of calories you need daily to maintain your current weight and is about the amount you should eat on the days youโ€™re not fasting.

The 5:2 diet may well work for you but you don’t starve yourself for 7 days which is what you are doing with such a low calorie intake. You eat up to the 1900 calories on your non-fasting days.

Good luck with your goal but be realistic.

I really think eating more makes me gain, i have tried and it makes me gain. I am 28 years old by the way and already so much time as went and i have not lost anything!!! Its frustrating and i will do anything to lose this weight by November.

Hi I am in a slightly different position. I need to lose 10 kilos but I am 45. I did this last year and as long as you eat sensibly on non fasting days, not starving yourself but say have your pasta and counting out a tablespoon of oil, instead of just pouring in unknown amount, an example!!! You should lose the weight by December. We have 15 weeks until the end of December. Give yourself an extra month and enjoy the process. I hope this helps. And good luck. I think the secret to this way of eating is enjoying your food on non fast days and enjoying the cleansing feeling on fast days. If you limit your intake too much it will feel like torture and you will not keep it up.

I’ve just started 5:2 this week, on day 5 and dreading the weekend. Lost 3lbs but I can do that from day to day. Any tips on how to keep going at the weekends?

HI I am also keen to lose 10 to 15 kilos. I am 39 years of age and weigh 83.0 kilos and am only 163 cms tall. I seem to carry the weight ok, but prior to children I weighed 65 kilos which was nice weight for me and I would love to get back into the 60’s, maybe not 65, as I am not 10 years older and may make me look to gaunt? However I am keen to lose 15 kilos and would love to think that I could lose it by Christmas?
    I exercise regularly and mostly watch what I eat, but cannot seem to shift the kilos these days.
    Good luck to everyone and please wish me luck…LOL

By the way, I am seem to be a bit confused about which is the best book to buy, as there a few different ones mentioned on this page. Could someone advise me which is the best please.
    Thanks

Hi Kathryn:

The average weight loss on 5:2 is about a pound a week. Losing 30 pounds in 12 weeks is probably unlikely. For more information, see http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/ #4

Good Luck!

PS You really don’t need a book – all the info you need is on this site for free, and google ‘Eat, Fast and Live Longer’ for the program that started it all, which includes some of the science.

Thank you for your feedback simcoeluv. Can you please refresh my memory on how much a pound is in grams please? Never quite grasped the pounds conversion, except when I had my children.

Hi Kathryn:

There are 454 grams in a pound (rounded).

Hi everyone! SO i have lost 1kilogram over the last week im happy and hopeful now ๐Ÿ™‚ My first goal weight is to reach 56kgs by end of September and then to reach 52kgs by end of October. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi, can anyone please tell me how I can post a topic? I looked at the forum advice section, but can’t figure it out. Thank you.

Hi Kathryn I work it as 2.2 lbs per kilos. On most diets you look to lose between 1 and 2 lbs per week and this takes longer, unless you really restrict yourself. But the positive is that it is easy and every 1lb or roughly half kilo that goes off brings you closer to your goal. Good luck from one kilo counter to another.
    Well done Meli on your loss yeehaa!!! 1 kilo!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply.